Hawaii Bound!

Started by Deadeye, May 17, 2019, 08:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

After waiting a year after being able to Book It (this resort is sold out a year in advance always), the Wife and I will be leaving on Saturday for Hawaii.

Hawaii is a place we both have always wanted to see and now with our Vacation Club owning a Resort there we have the chance to go.

We have been to so many places we never would of even thought of going before we joined this Club. Having spent most of our lives using our Vacations as time to visit Family, this has been a real change to give ourselves some time away.

Looking forward to it and will post some pics along the way.

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lee Smith

LMG wants to know if he will fit in a carry on?  ~roflmao

Y'all have fun!!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lee Smith on May 17, 2019, 10:23:25 AM
LMG wants to know if he will fit in a carry on?  ~roflmao

Y'all have fun!!

Ouch!!!!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Donald Garner

Fred you and the wife enjoy the trip.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

LgMouthGambler

Yeah, I'll fit in a carry on! Lol. Enjoy the vacation. Get laid!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Deadeye

We are here. Long ash trip but we made it.

Our view.

Deadeye

Wife and I made the 2-mile hike to the top of Sleeping Giant Mountain. Quite the hike and quite a reward of a gorgeous views from the Top.

Just a few of the pics we took along the way.

Deadeye

Yesterday we took a Helicopter Tour of the island of Kauai. Nice to do and see things you can not see any other way.

big g

Enjoy, it will go bye quickly! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Deadeye

Last night we attended a Luau. I took a few pics but it is something you really have to see for yourself to appreciate.

big g

Love the outfits you two had.  Getting in the spirit. ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Deadeye

Thanks G.

I like those style shirts.

Deadeye

Today we went on an ATV Ride that was about 20 miles. The property it was on was on old Sugar Cane Farm and Mill and is over 20,000 acres.

It is owned by the founder of AOL.

There have been several movies filmed there including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, South Pacific, Big Joe Young and many more.

There is also a WWII Bunker that we got to go into and even found Petrified Saltine Crackers.

Normally it is all muddy trails but they had not had rain in over 10 days and the trails turned to dust. So much so you lost sight of the guy in front of you at times and drove by feel or your gut.

Best of all there is a double waterfall that has two pools that you can swim in, which we all did.

Afterward we went exploring and found some great shops and beautiful mountain canyon vistas.

Some of the days pics.

Got something special planned for tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. Stay tuned.

LgMouthGambler

Great pictures! Looks like a blast.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Deadeye

It has been.

But today's deal turned out to be a Bust.

We had found a lake here in Hawaii that is supposed to be full of Largemouth And Peacock Bass and we wanted to fish it.

The Guide was late and for the first hour or so all he did was show us how to catch Tilapia.  Not saying that wasn't cool and fun, but that was not why we were there.

Then we hit several places that were supposed to be good for Peacocks but never got a single hit.

Back at the dock my wife continued to catch some Tilapia while I tried for either a Pea of a LMB, but no luck.

Had no idea there was Bass in Hawaii and can't prove there is. But still had a good time out fishing with the wife.

Deadeye

Just about over. Waiting for the plane to fly home. Really had a wonderful time. Just can not describe how beautiful this island is.

A few pics taken along the trip.

BarryFL

Conrats on a great trip, Fred. Wish you could bring some Hawaiian weather/climate back with you.
~Barry~