Help Finding a Transducer Shield

Started by Green_Monster, May 17, 2019, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Monster

I am trying to find a transducer shield for my Helix 8 DI G3N to mount on the trolling motor but am not having any luck. Does anyone know the shield I need?

Thanks!

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Green_Monster on May 17, 2019, 11:08:33 AM
I am trying to find a transducer shield for my Helix 8 DI G3N to mount on the trolling motor but am not having any luck. Does anyone know the shield I need?

Thanks!
Check with these folks. I've had them bookmarked for a long time but haven't bought anything from them yet.

https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bud Kennedy

This question has been asked before. I had checked the transducer shield website and although they currently do not have anything for this transducer they are working on one and should be about ready for market.

Wayne P.

Quote from: Green_Monster on May 17, 2019, 11:08:33 AM

Thanks!

The transom transducer you have is not suitable for a trolling motor application so no TS&S would be needed for it.
Use the proper trolling motor puck version for your model unit:

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/accessories/transducers/xtm-9-hw-mdi-75-t-helix-78-mega-di-dual-spectrum-chirp-w-temp-trolling-motora

It has extra internal shielding for a trolling motor application and can be exchanged if you have not opened the transom mount package.
Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

Bud Kennedy

My Bad, I did not realize it was for a trolling motor mount.   I agree use the puck the only way to go.

Green_Monster

Hey guys...Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately I can't swap the transducer out for the puck but I did find that they do actually have a shield for the transducer I have and Bass Pro sells them.

Tight lines!

Bill

Wayne P.

Quote from: Green_Monster on May 20, 2019, 07:40:06 AM
Hey guys...Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately I can't swap the transducer out for the puck but I did find that they do actually have a shield for the transducer I have and Bass Pro sells them.

Tight lines!

Bill

Good luck with avoiding RFI.
Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Green_Monster

So are you saying to be sure the transducer is grounded to the battery or that the shield is grounded to the battery?