Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Spinning Combo  (Read 239 times)

Jake51823

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Best Spinning Combo
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »

How come you chose to trust the one you picked the most? Let me know !

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Dobyns, Daiwa, LSCR, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
Re: Best Spinning Combo
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »

I will not vote as a rod is more important than a reel. Without feeling the rod I have no opinion.

The rod specs are not here and we don't know what you plan to use it for.

So many variables.

Now the President reel is a no brainer. but I fish all Shimano spinning reels.

I never buy combos myself. I am very particular with my set ups and would rather find the exact reel and rod I want together.
Dobyns Rods fish all day
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:10:19 PM »

Zippy nailed it.  But since you said if we had to pick from the 3 combos you listed I'd definitely go with the Pflueger President combo.
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

SteveTX

• Charter Member
  • The most underestimated bass fisherman on UB - zip
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 02:58:50 PM »

I never buy combos myself. I am very particular with my set ups and would rather find the exact reel and rod I want together.
I dont buy combos either for the reasons listed by Zippy. Ill even go one step further Im not a fan of spinning outfits at all for Bass. Just a personal preference thing.  8)

But considering the post wasn't about what I typically do Ill play along. Of the three I know nothing about them so I pulled each one up. I'm tossing out the Lew’s Carbon Blue Gt and the Mitchell 300PRO. From what I can tell both are 2 piece rods, unless your looking for travel rod? That leaves The Pflueger President. Being the only 1 piece rod that to me gives it a advantage. Also I like the cork over the EVA that the other 2 have. The Mitchell reel compares best to the Pflueger but not enough for me to justify a 2 piece rod. 

So If that is the only three choices (and in the one thread it is) Ill take the Pflueger President Spin Combo.

I own a Mitchell Avocet and it has been a awesome reel for a spinning reel. It has outlasted 3 of my fishing partners Pflueger Presidents. He use to brag on the Pflueger President but not so much anymore. Admittedly he is very tough on equipment but I have seen the bail come loose more than once. I don't know how good the 300PRO is but I would try it based on my Avocet if I had my pick of just reels.
UltimateBass Free Bass Fishing Tourney (IBASS) is for everyone!
Just make an account at UltimateBass.com and follow these simple rules found here
IBASS CLASSIC 2018 3rd place / IBASS 2017 4th place 

The Rooster

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 05:54:12 AM »

I voted for the President without even seeing the others. No need to. I have a friend who owned one and I got to fish it as a sample of the rod, and actually decided I wanted one for myself, but ultimately bought a Trion spinning reel to pair with an existing rod I already had instead. No knock on the President though, I just decided I wanted a rod with a different feel. The President rod as I recall had a more limber feel to it, making it good for topwater and jerkbait use. At the time I wanted a rod with more stiffness, which I already owned but just needed a reel, and the Trion just matched my rod better colorwise. The Trion and President reels in hand are nearly indistinguishable from each other except for the President's oversized bail wire. I cannot feel the three bearing difference but I know it's there, but I still don't miss it.

My friend's Prez combo suffered an untimely demise. He rared back to cast a 1/2 oz Red Eye Shad on another rod and whacked it with the bait near the end of the rod. He actually broke his Abu Garcia Vengeance rod at that time, and later discovered the Prez must have taken damage as well since it broke under pressure while just fishing a crankbait. Once rod blank fibers are crushed it's just a matter of time.

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 06:12:55 AM »

President is one of the best spinning reels money can buy. Bang for the buck, it's that one.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 03:00:28 PM »

None of the above, BPS PRO QUALIFIER REEL IN A SIZE I want to match the CARBONLITE rod I pick.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.