What Brand Boat...

Started by D.W. Verts, May 22, 2019, 07:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

...does this one remind you of?

I found a picture of this one on the interweb. It was my last ever sponsored ride, a 2001 Tide Craft. Actually, I had a 2002 21' (apparently the only one they ever built) just long enough to hang a motor on, rig it, and run it one time before I sold it. But this was the last boat that I actually fished out of, and I loved it.

But look at it. What does it remind you of???

BTW- I sent the man a message that if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know... It was a great boat.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Donald Garner

Dale that is a really nice looking boat there.

I'm guessing >>> A Cajun ??
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Jared LeBlue

Kind of looks like an old Charger. At least the hull design does.
Ardent Prostaff

Princeton_Man

Interesting, it appears from the photo that the consoles are centered in the boat. It looks a lot like a Gambler to me.

We saw a Tide Craft at Smith Mountain Lake during the Big Bass event.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Princeton_Man on May 22, 2019, 08:43:26 PM
Interesting, it appears from the photo that the consoles are centered in the boat.

There is a big Nitro here in Korea that has a centered type console, but the hull looks different.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

SteveTX

Quote from: Princeton_Man on May 22, 2019, 08:43:26 PM
Interesting, it appears from the photo that the consoles are centered in the boat. It looks a lot like a Gambler to me.

We saw a Tide Craft at Smith Mountain Lake during the Big Bass event.
I'm no expert but I thought Gambler when I saw it also.

D.W. Verts

Hmm... Not what I was thinkin'. It looks to ME like Phoenix was the company what ended up with the old Tide Craft stuff.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

Wizard

I thought it was a Charger 525. Biggest boat I had seen until the BassCat Jaguar.

Wizard

Mike Cork

I thought tidecraft right away... we have a ton of them here. Mel Smith (you probably heard of him) tweaked the Tide Craft and made a racing hull, can't remember the name now.

But I do see the phoenix resemblance now that you say it.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

Mel Smith made 'em scary fast.

I did some checking today- Phoenix boats are the old Tide Craft hull, with changes of course.

After my questions were answered he sure tried to put me in one.

Mike Cork

I'll be he did, especially since you were a tide craft man :-*

I remember now after Mel tweaked them he called them the "Prosecutor". You had to be Popeye to drive it right but it was fast... It's keep up with any bullet around and put an Allison on edge.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

loomisguy

I always thought  Phoenix evolved from bumble bee.. I guess since Gary Clouse came from Stratos there could be some influence there also ,at least in the beginning.