Started by big g, May 26, 2019, 06:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big g

Alligator Alley MM 39
7:00-Noon
Partly cloudy
Wind ENE 15-20
W/T 80*

Met up with Roberto and we ran out to MM39, north side.  Always great fishing with Roberto, he is always observant of what is going on in the boat.  We ran east to the dead end and fished back toward the ramp.  Roberto started with top water and I started with a hard swimbait.  Neither one of us drew any attention, so I switch quickly to plastics.  On the third cast had a nice chuck in the boat.  Shortly after two more.  It started out at a good steady rate.  These bites were all deep, and subtle bites.  No One was slamming the bait.  Once the wind climbed above 15 we put out the sea anchor.  The bass shut-off deep in the North canal so we moved to the south side. 

Water was a lot dirtier on the south side and the bite was tougher.  After a quarter mile down south, we ran back north, to cleaner water.  We managed to get back on them and both of us were catching again.  Roberto caught a few chunks on a chatterbait.  We fished all the way back to the ramps.  The water was way cleaner on the north side all day.

We finished with 32 caught, several in the 16 to 17 size.  We both got into some mudfish, and we both both lost a few.  Bass caught were all chunky and obviously eating well.  Fun to get out in the boat again, its been almost 4 weeks, a new record for me.   I miss the old girl when we are not together on the water.  Roberto will follow up with some pics, and add some info.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Well done you two!! Appreciate the report.

rchiuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

rchiuz

Thanks again for the invite

Wasn't expecting much since I haven't been out because of the heat. I had 3 baits in mind to use before the day started.
1) 10.5 in zoom curly tail worm rig Tokyo
2) Black and blue jig
3) 2.8 in swimbait rig on a 3/16 jig head

The water was calm when we arrived so I switch my jig to a teckel frog but didn't get any action. After George got a few fish fishing deep I switched back to the jig but still no action. I finally went to the worm and started to land a few. Once the sun came out and the wind kicked up the action stopped. The previous pattern before the action stop was to fish deep. So I threw out the tiny swim bait and started to hook a few more even though they were dinks On the way back to the ramp the wind was already blowing 12-15 mph and everything was quiet again. George suggested a spinner but I only had a chatter bait rigged with a zeko and was surprised to get a fish. Picked up a few on the tiny swim bait heading back including a mud fish

Overall the pattern seemed to be fish deep. Very few fish was up on the bank
It was a fun day, the cloud ⛅️ cover kept the temperature comfortable for the day

I think we ended up with about low to mid 30s of fish in total

At one point George hooked in to a plant that resembled a long pineapple . I thought it was a new type of evasive fish as he pulled it to the boat

What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

big g

You had to bring up the plant.  It put up quite a fight.  Catching plants, that's usually Rick's expertise!  Lol ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

Alright George! I'm happy you were able to get out and get reacquainted with the boat.
Thanks for the report guys!

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FLO GROWN

Good job guys, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

"Tight lines"

big g

Thanks guys, it was great being out there with a cooperating wind, taking us right down the canal.  Sea anchor was a must today.  We worked hard for the fish we got, but it was a hoot!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on May 27, 2019, 12:50:07 PM
Thanks guys, it was great being out there with a cooperating wind, taking us right down the canal.  Sea anchor was a must today.  We worked hard for the fish we got, but it was a hoot!

Those drift socks are awesome!! I'm thankful for the suggestion you provided me a couple of years ago. That sock has salvaged several trips.

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 27, 2019, 01:19:33 PM
Those drift socks are awesome!! I'm thankful for the suggestion you provided me a couple of years ago. That sock has salvaged several trips.

Your welcome Lou! ~c~  I love to stay in stealth mode with the wind to my back and off the trolling motor.  Bass don't even know your in the vicinity that way.  A good friend actually gave me my drift bag over twenty years ago, and that has saved many days of fishing, especially in those deep canals.  It just keeps you in touch with your bait, instead of racing bye with bow in your line all the time.  Allows you time to actually work the bait, and keep some contact with it.  It has even worked great on the Lox flats, gliding right over the thick weeds without snags.  We would have been up the creek without a paddle yesterday without it, and the bites were so subtle you would not have felt them!  A great tool in less then ideal conditions. :-*

FlatsNBay

I love the first pic of the Bass and sunrise. Sounds like a fun day. Congrats fellas.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

big g

Thanks Flats, my fav time of the day is that half hour when the sun first decides to get up and shine! ~sun

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on May 29, 2019, 02:56:47 PM
Thanks Flats, my fav time of the day is that half hour when the sun first decides to get up and shine! ~sun
Me too. Nothing like watching that bad boy peek the horizon with a clear sky.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.