June 2019 UB IBASS BSing thread

Started by zippyduck, May 27, 2019, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

Well it looks like Texas is starting to show up for the dance. Are you Florida guys going to take this lying down?
I also finally made some hay and it should get better in the next few weeks. Time for me to make a stand and prove I am the Coolest caster.  lo
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

fishballer06

Tomorrow is the day boys. Zippy and I are both looking to put up 80+ this weekend. I hope the rest of you northern boys can hang! ~cf
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

zippyduck

fishballer all that smack talk and we fell on our faces.  ~rant

Cool Casters it looks like a tight race at the top. You guys came out to play.  ~bb

fishballer06

Quote from: zippyduck on June 03, 2019, 01:18:32 AM
fishballer all that smack talk and we fell on our faces.  ~rant

I'm pretty sure we landed 80+ inches of Rock Bass this weekend  ~gf ~roflmao
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

zippyduck

Looks like dry weather this weekend across most of the country. For those of you not treading water in the front yard, who is headed out this weekend.
If you have a lake that is fishable. This is the wettest spring I can remember and I remember a lot of them.

zippyduck

jfergus7

Planning on taking the boat to a new lake that I have never fished before so who knows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveTX

I actually went to the lake only to find the ramps all closed. :( Its the weekend of the Drag Boat races but typically they don't close them off till Friday. Anyway I just came home and worked on some things I needed to work on.

FD

Hopefully we get the forecasted heavy rains this weekend. Chocolate water in the upper 80 s makes for some tough fishing right now.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

bassmanstan

Quote from: zippyduck on June 06, 2019, 08:22:48 PM
Nice start Stan!
Thanks Zip, hopefully I can string some good ones together this month. I'm getting some good ones here and there, just can't find them consistently. Doesn't help I only had time to get out 4-5 times total last month!! I'm planning to bring it though this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Man you guys are catching some nice fish.  ~c~

I am hoping to get back out tomorrow. Who knows what the fish will do after having 200mph drag boats on them all weekend. Last year I am pretty sure it didn't bother them to bad. Should know tomorrow evening.

jfergus7

Today really helped with those two nice ones.  Got both catches on film too!!!  Now I have to upgrade my two small ones!

zippyduck

jfergus7,

That new lake looks like a good one.  ~c~

zippyduck

Look who joined the party! Finally seeing some Louisiana bass.  ;)

Mike Cork

It's been a crazy spring for me. Seems like I have to pay an entry fee just to force myself to go fishing. Then I always forget to measure them because we're in a tournament LOL

Only one tournament left, this Saturday, and I can go on the hunt for some Louisiana piglets...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

zippyduck

Steve if they were all that easy. I will just scratch out your whole limit and start over again.  :)

BarryFL

This will be my first weekend of really fishing with the new boat. Going to concentrate on big bites and hope the thunderstorms stay away until afternoon.

Good luck to everyone and be safe out there.

~Barry~

~Barry~

zippyduck

Barry,

Good luck and keep an eye on the sky.

BarryFL

You bet. Me no like the flashy stuff.

~Barry~

~Barry~

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on June 14, 2019, 03:48:32 PM
Steve if they were all that easy. I will just scratch out your whole limit and start over again.  :)
If they were all that easy Id say do it.  lo
Quote from: BarryFL on June 14, 2019, 04:06:12 PM
This will be my first weekend of really fishing with the new boat. Going to concentrate on big bites and hope the thunderstorms stay away until afternoon.

Good luck to everyone and be safe out there.

~Barry~
Go get em Barry! I hope your new boat brings you lots of safe and fun fishing.  ;D

jfergus7

Moved down to 2nd but good thing I think I can still upgrade and get another 13" or so!

CraigP83

I found some fish in this juicy looking spot today.  I'll add em up this afternoon once I can charge my phone. 

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Well done Craig! Nice catches.  ~c~
Way to pressure them fellas.  ;)

Nice upgrades Zip but looks like Craig has the big haul so far.  :P

zippyduck

I was on them today but a tornado hand me run for the hills.
I lost 2 good ones trying to get them over a six foot bank.

Nice bag Craig.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CraigP83

Thanks, went to a lake I normally avoid because its always super busy and I only catch dinks... but it's closer than Minnetonka and I had to be back by noon with the baby at home.  Got some 15-16" fish and I was excited because I was culling out my 14's from last week. Pulled up to a dock and got a 17 and 18 on a 1/2oz juice jig so at that point I'm feeling pretty good and decide to just hit docks but not expecting to cull again.  While idling to some docks I found that spot with all the sunfish beds in 10 fow. I decided it looked to good to pass up. Threw a neko rig in there and got a 18 right away,  hit spot lock on my new trolling motor and didn't move for 35 minutes.  Caught another 18 a 19 and the 20, then had to go home.  There was a 25 boat tournament out there which took 16.5# to win. I suspect I had 18-19# today. I wouldn't be able to recreate it though, I just got lucky and found that spot at the right time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk