Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 01, 2019, 10:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 19, 2019, 07:52:25 AM
Now that's pretty. Obviously you are still on the East coast

<")))>{
Yeah.. I'm still in South Fl. ;)

LgMouthGambler

I'm heading out to do a bit of fishing tonight.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 19, 2019, 05:13:19 PM
I'm heading out to do a bit of fishing tonight.

That's different for a Sunday night. Good luck be safe.

LgMouthGambler

That was a blast!

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Who's fishing this weekend?
I will be, basically took all of May off. We will be fishing the glades over the wknd.

BarryFL

I'll probably fish Sat and Mon. Not sure where. Forecast is bluebird skies and hot. Need to find a couple of 22s for iBass.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BarryFL on May 22, 2019, 04:23:09 PM
I'll probably fish Sat and Mon. Not sure where. Forecast is bluebird skies and hot. Need to find a couple of 22s for iBass.

~Barry~

Yeah.. the heat is back.  ~sweat ~sweat

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 22, 2019, 04:45:51 PM
Yeah.. the heat is back.  ~sweat ~sweat
Welcomed with open arms over here. Lol.

On a side note, the carbon drag came in for my Curado 200 Type J. Good to go for some fishing Monday.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 22, 2019, 06:08:33 PM

On a side note, the carbon drag came in for my Curado 200 Type J. Good to go for some fishing Monday.

Our winter wasn't bad this year. I'm going to miss the mild temps. :(

FD

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 22, 2019, 06:56:49 PM
Our winter wasn't bad this year. I'm going to miss the mild temps. :(
Winter?

I think I wore a hoodie twice.

I'll probably fish early mornings this weekend.  We're forecast for upper 90s and a blowing east wind.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 22, 2019, 06:08:33 PM

It seems like so much for the Tutulas, your back to Shimano's full time.  They are smooth reels.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on May 23, 2019, 10:59:42 AM
It seems like so much for the Tutulas, your back to Shimano's full time.  They are smooth reels.

Ive still got some Daiwas. They are great for pitching. Got the Fuego CT, Zillion 1516, and my TD Zillion, as well as my TDZ. Shimanos have always been my favorites, and Ive so far got the ones I really like, plus one that I never knew existed.  lo

LgMouthGambler

And I also just put an order into Hedgehog Studio for a ferw little things.  :'(

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 23, 2019, 11:07:29 AM
And I also just put an order into Hedgehog Studio for a ferw little things.  :'(

I have fished constantly for over 45 years, and have always been satisfied with reels that just get the job done without problems.  Never got into your level of reel fascination.  Still catching on that Abu Garcia Revo you brought back to life, and several Shimano's.  We are all lucky to have your level of expertise in the area, when service is needed.  ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on May 23, 2019, 01:20:41 PM

I have fished constantly for over 45 years, and have always been satisfied with reels that just get the job done without problems.  Never got into your level of reel fascination.  Still catching on that Abu Garcia Revo you brought back to life, and several Shimano's.  We all all lucky to have your level of expertise in the area, when service is needed.  ~c~

I appreciate the kind words. It gives me joy to bring a reel that someone loves and has history with back to life so they can continue to catch fish with it. I actually just enjoy reels as a whole, and if it makes others have joy as well, its a bonus.  ~beer~

LgMouthGambler

Got my 60# Spectra braid in yesterday. Loving the 30#, so I decided to order 60# for the OG Tatula Type R for my punching duty. 500m for $12 is a no brainer.

<")))>{

Capt. BassinLou

Happy hunting to everyone fishing this wknd.

LgMouthGambler

Went and hung out at Lake Boca today.

Capt. BassinLou

Wow that's a lot boats!! No thanks... lol!!

LgMouthGambler

Rise and shine campers!.

big g

That looks like Josh's rig!  I have fished out of the back of that a long time ago.  Looks like he did a lot of work on it.  I hope you two found some.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on May 27, 2019, 12:35:25 PM
That looks like Josh's rig!  I have fished out of the back of that a long time ago.  Looks like he did a lot of work on it.  I hope you two found some.
We got into them good today.

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 27, 2019, 09:39:07 PM
We got into them good today.

No report ?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on May 28, 2019, 11:25:56 AM
No report ?
Here: We ran all over the eff'n place and caught a bunch of fish. Lol

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 28, 2019, 11:52:25 AM
Here: We ran all over the eff'n place and caught a bunch of fish. Lol

Now that's a detailed report!  Lol  lo