FL Bass Talk (June 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 30, 2019, 07:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Summer is here!!  ~sweat ~sweat Get out of sun, take a seat, and come shoot the breeze with us...

LgMouthGambler

Gonna start the month swimming in Lox. Need to get away from canal fishing for a bit.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 01, 2019, 12:11:40 PM
Gonna start the month swimming in Lox. Need to get away from canal fishing for a bit.

You're going swimming in Lox?!? You're nuts!!

LgMouthGambler

Sometimes you gotta jump in the shallows and cool off.

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

big g

If something happens we will talk about you forever! ~b~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on June 01, 2019, 05:22:15 PM
If something happens we will talk about you forever! ~b~
The content of what it will be is what scares me. Lol

LgMouthGambler

So I grabbed another Citica I 6.3 during TWs sale for Memorial Day. It was on sale for $124, and the extra % off came to like $104 shipped. I had forgot that I purchased it, and there was a guy on BBC selling a brand new one for $75. So naturally, I grabbed it. I now have enough I series reels and parts to last me a lifetime.  lo

big g

Your amazing, it hurts me to just think about all that stuff! ~beer~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on June 04, 2019, 11:50:52 AM
Your amazing, it hurts me to just think about all that stuff! ~beer~
And I'm trying to sell some now. Lol

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 04, 2019, 10:23:35 AM
So I grabbed another Citica I 6.3 during TWs sale for Memorial Day. It was on sale for $124, and the extra % off came to like $104 shipped. I had forgot that I purchased it, and there was a guy on BBC selling a brand new one for $75. So naturally, I grabbed it. I now have enough I series reels and parts to last me a lifetime.  lo
That's good to know. The majority of my reels are a variation of the I series.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 04, 2019, 11:54:37 AM
That's good to know. The majority of my reels are a variation of the I series.

What makes you think I stash reels for parts for you?  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Going on what I call a, 50/50 glades outing with LMG on Saturday. 50% of the time when the sun is out, and the other 50% at night.

I also purchased a new to me product, to combat those pita mosquitoes this time around.

I will write a review on this product, after our outing. Stay tuned.

Capt. BassinLou

Made out with some goodies after passing by Walmart today.

All that was just shy of $20. Those reduced price bins have some good stuff.

LgMouthGambler

Good score on the baits Lou. We got a 50/50 shot that we are gonna get eaten by mosquitos.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 04, 2019, 02:04:09 PM
Good score on the baits Lou. We got a 50/50 shot that we are gonna get eaten by mosquitos.  lo

lo lo ... true!!

Capt. BassinLou

Got my first bait modified a bit.

Removed the stock hooks and added a split ring to the nose.

Minus any mudfish encounters these Mustads should hold up for a while. They are sticky sharp.

Capt. BassinLou

I have feeling this one is not going to be recognizable down the road.. :)

LgMouthGambler

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 04, 2019, 04:14:00 PM
You bringing them Saturday?
Uh yeah!! But not for the night time stuff. I have other baits I'm going to use when the sun goes down. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

I had pretty good luck on 27 when I went old school with a big spook. These 2 baits are similar, they should very well.

Capt. BassinLou

I think I'm all set with these guys....

Big fish attractors for sure.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 04, 2019, 04:14:58 PM
Uh yeah!! But not for the night time stuff. I have other baits I'm going to use when the sun goes down. ;)

No sense of adventure.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 04, 2019, 04:26:22 PM
No sense of adventure.  lo
Adventure yes, I'm going fishing with you aren't I?? ... the issue is my depth perception at night is all over the place!! 6 hooks flying around in the night?? That has nightmare written all over it.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 04, 2019, 04:29:09 PM
Adventure yes, I'm going fishing with you aren't I?? ... the issue is my depth perception at night is all over the place!! 6 hooks flying around in the night?? That has nightmare written all over it.
For me, yes. Lol