FL Bass Talk (June 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 30, 2019, 07:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 04, 2019, 01:56:10 PM
Going on what I call a, 50/50 glades outing with LMG on Saturday. 50% of the time when the sun is out, and the other 50% at night.

I also purchased a new to me product, to combat those pita mosquitoes this time around.

I will write a review on this product, after our outing. Stay tuned.
I've been using the Thermacell for the last 15 or so years for hunting fishing and work. They work great with little to no wind. If there's any breeze, not so much. Get yourself a Bug Tamer vest. It has to be the Bug Tamer brand. Other imitations don't work near as good.They are expensive but well worth it and last a lifetime.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on June 05, 2019, 06:32:48 AM
I've been using the Thermacell for the last 15 or so years for hunting fishing and work. They work great with little to no wind. If there's any breeze, not so much. Get yourself a Bug Tamer vest. It has to be the Bug Tamer brand. Other imitations don't work near as good.They are expensive but well worth it and last a lifetime.

... thank you for the info Flats, appreciate it.

Capt. BassinLou

Holy smokes.... in a snap of finger we went from drought conditions to crazy afternoon storms... yep... summer is here, and hello to the rainy season...  ~sun ~rain lo

LgMouthGambler

Coming soon....

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FlatsNBay

Finally I'm going bass fishing! I'm hoping there's a little flow at my favorite culvert pipes from the last couple of days of rain. Rods are rigged, boat is gassed up and ready. Let's get it on!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FlatsNBay on June 10, 2019, 03:47:06 PM
Finally I'm going bass fishing! I'm hoping there's a little flow at my favorite culvert pipes from the last couple of days of rain. Rods are rigged, boat is gassed up and ready. Let's get it on!

Take pictures!
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

This is a direct result of me watching YouTube, and having a monkey on my back that falls for marketing all the time!!

But... I'm looking forward to trying these out especially when that summer bite really slows down.

LgMouthGambler

Oh come on! The NED rig? Unbelievable!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 10, 2019, 05:34:31 PM
Oh come on! The NED rig? Unbelievable!

Lmao!!

West6550

Okay guys we are going to be home from June 21st - July 10th. Anyone wanna go fishing?!? We are flying in and my tackle and rods will be at the RV here in Utah lol. But I'd love to rip a lip or ten!

Feel free to text me, most yall have my number

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 10, 2019, 05:22:38 PM

This is a direct result of me watching YouTube, and having a monkey on my back that falls for marketing all the time!!

But... I'm looking forward to trying these out especially when that summer bite really slows down.
Took you long enough to try the ned rig! It catches fish, no doubt. All the fish. Like every species too.
Fun little rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on June 10, 2019, 11:24:50 PM
Okay guys we are going to be home from June 21st - July 10th. Anyone wanna go fishing?!? We are flying in and my tackle and rods will be at the RV here in Utah lol. But I'd love to rip a lip or ten!

Hey Thomas, good seeing you around. You guys made it way out to Utah huh? Cool!!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 11, 2019, 06:00:47 AM
Took you long enough to try the ned rig! It catches fish, no doubt. All the fish. Like every species too.
Fun little rig.

Lol... yeah, I have thrown versions of the Ned set up in the past. The experiences stayed in the back on my mind for certain situations we encounter in the glades. Let's see if my hunch is right.  ;)

Deadeye

Quote from: West6550 on June 10, 2019, 11:24:50 PM

Sweet. I'll see if the wife will let me have a day of from the Remodel we are doing, LOL.

BTW I got a Spincast Outfit I can let you borrow.  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Deadeye on June 11, 2019, 07:44:50 AM
Sweet. I'll see if the wife will let me have a day of from the Remodel we are doing, LOL.

Is it a Cinderella one?  lo

West6550

Quote from: Deadeye on June 11, 2019, 07:44:50 AM

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 11, 2019, 07:27:08 AM
Hey Thomas, good seeing you around. You guys made it way out to Utah huh? Cool!!
Yep! Furthest west so far! Plan to be in Seattle area for Christmas, then south on the west coast and winter in Arizona.. maybe dip into Mexico

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 11, 2019, 07:58:10 AM
Is it a Cinderella one?  lo
I figured you already have one of those? JDM of course

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: West6550 on June 11, 2019, 09:22:48 PM
I figured you already have one of those? JDM of course
It's his ultra light setup that he doesn't tell anyone about

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

I took a plunge and ordered a rod for the new reel coming. Went with a 7'2 H Phenix M1. After all, cant have this fancy reel without a matching fancy rod, right?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 12, 2019, 07:03:39 AM
I took a plunge and ordered a rod for the new reel coming. Went with a 7'2 H Phenix M1. After all, cant have this fancy reel without a matching fancy rod, right?
Hopefully you get to at least enjoy this new reel...

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 12, 2019, 07:37:46 AM
Hopefully you get to at least enjoy this new reel...

Oh I will. The only reason I bought it is because you were taking my Scorpion MGL from me.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 12, 2019, 07:44:43 AM
Oh I will. The only reason I bought it is because you were taking my Scorpion MGL from me.  lo
Lol!! Sorry?? Nah... not really.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 12, 2019, 07:45:48 AM
Lol!! Sorry?? Nah... not really.

Dont be sorry. Just enjoy it.  ~beer~