2005 Triton TR-21X fuel tank sender unit

Started by RHankamp1, August 14, 2019, 12:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHankamp1

Hi all, I have a gas gauge that isn't working in my 2005 Tr-21X.  I bought this boat used and I don't believe it has a fuel tank sender unit in there or is broke (not sure, not a mechanic).  What size fuel tank sender unit is standard for this model?

Called Triton and GreatLakesSkipper.com (who triton referred me too) and they need the length, bolt pattern, etc.

Ideas/advice/point me in the right direction?

Bud Kennedy

Go to your favorite Triton service dealer and tell them to fix it.  You are messing with something that could turn out to be a real bag of worms.  How do you know it is just not the gauge?, or something like a broken wire or perhaps even a rusted connector in the wiring harness.  I would eliminate all of those things before I got around to pulling the sending unit from the tank.

Princeton_Man

Welcome to UltimateBass.com! ~c~

Triton should know what length/size sending unit they used on their tanks for each model boat. Call Momma Carol at C&O Marine in White Bluff TN ((615) 797-4760). Your tank is probably 54 gallon capacity. They're a Triton dealer and have a very experienced parts department.

Bud makes a good point, you should test the sending unit before dropping the $$ on a new one.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Depending on where the unit is you may want to have it done, some are in places that have no room and never see the light of day. If you can at it you can check it with a test light.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.