2008 Nitro 901 CDX

Started by WLD62, May 31, 2019, 10:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLD62

Hi all. I have a 2008 901 CDX . My live well open and close switch under my throttle is stuck in the drain position. I cant seem to get to the valve to see if that is stuck. How do you get to it ? Or remedy this problem. Thank you.

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard UltimateBass!

I'm not familiar with that particular boat. You'll need to explore the bilge, it will be down there. You may have to remove a few things that may be back there like batteries or oil tank. Some boats have a cover over the bilge area that can be removed to gain access. Just follow the water lines from the back of the boat and you'll find the valves.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

BarryFL

That remote drain valve will either be under the live livewell at the drain holes or in the bilge area on the transom near where the livewell drain hose goes through the transom. Both will require removing floor under your batteries to get to.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Mike Cork

Most often it's the valve it's self but I've seen the cables corrode as well. Hopefully you find the valve jammed up as it's much easier to replace.

I'm not familiar with the boat either but they are always in the bottom of the bilge at the rear of the livewell. With one exception and that puts the valve attached to the transom (rarely seen on bass boats)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service