Any Body else having Problem with Ranger Trail with 17" tires?

Started by Rangerman, June 03, 2019, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

Non ST tires on trailer, real problems with the 17" tires from Ranger, Bad tire wear, blow outs with very low miles, with proper tire pressure.  Shame non ST Tires ~b~ If interested let me tell you a Heart Breaking Story PoPo

Deadeye

Having bought mine used, I have no idea what the Factory Ones were. Mine came with Kumhos and I bought an extra one for a spare. Those were supposed to the THE TIRE according to every forum I read.

Mine started to break the bands inside with no warning.

I took them off and found that Good Year started making Trailer Tires in the USA again. Marathon is the name. I bought mine through Simply Tires on-line, as they had the best price-- even beat Tire Rack.

So far they are doing great, better roll, better trailering, smoother feel.

NOTE: i MIS-SPOKE IN THIS THREAD AND SAID MY TIRES WERE MARATHONS. THEY ARE NOT, THEY ARE ENDURANCE. MARATHONS ARE VEHICLE TIRES AND ENDURANCE ARE TRAILER TIRES.

Rangerman

Great News, make sure they are ST or Special Trailer tires. Never found em, and please read Max psi not what Ranger Trail says.  None of this is right.  Ranger Trail NOT putting ST tires on 17" wheels. Problem Oh yes. Hell Yes lo Trailer marked 50psi and plates, NEVER EXCEED MAX PRESSURE ON TIRE RATING.  CAR TIRE SUCK ON TRAILERS.  Shame on Ranger Trail 8) The start of the war

Deadeye

Quote from: Rangerman on June 05, 2019, 06:30:18 PM
Great News, make sure they are ST or Special Trailer tires. Never found em, and please read Max psi not what Ranger Trail says.  None of this is right.  Ranger Trail NOT putting ST tires on 17" wheels. Problem Oh yes. Hell Yes lo Trailer marked 50psi and plates, NEVER EXCEED MAX PRESSURE ON TIRE RATING.  CAR TIRE SUCK ON TRAILERS.  Shame on Ranger Trail 8) The start of the war

They are Built for Trailer Tires. I run them at Their Rating of 65 lbs of air, cold.

But I run my Truck tires more than the manufacturer says too. That rating is for "comfort ride" that they want. I once had a Tire Guy tell me that running at or near to the max rating will make your tires last longer and have better wear. So far I have found him to be right.

Rangerman

Run what you want your trailer lo Do some research on side wall rating a flex of ST. Why take a chance??

Rangerman

Guys do your research, running anything But ST tires can be a very costly mistake in bend axles, wheels and blow outs. Less side wall support so Mr. Pothole flex side walk, bend Mr Wheel bend Torsion Axle spindle, and or axle and can not keep tires on trailer.  Nuff Said

Learn and take it to hart, very costly and lots of heart aches :'(

Deadeye

Why do you keep posting the same statement?

Good Year Endurance are ST Trailer Tires made for Trailers. If you are referring to someone else's post I don't see it.

They are currently the Only Trailer Made tire being manufactured in America.

Rangerman

OK Dead Eye Goodyears, are great,  most likely one of the best. However No Body makes A st215/65r17  thats a 17" like used on Rangers with Getto Wheels from the plant.  They put car tires on trailers and they SUCK lo understand now ::) I just don't want to see anybody have the problems and heart ache I have had with improper tires. Nuff Said

Deadeye

Maybe by making a slight adjustment to the size you can find what you want.

EX: try 70 instead of 65, 205 instead of 215, etc.

Either that or you will need to change your Rims to a different size.

I did some searching and found that others are using a High End Car Tire for their needs with these rims. Try doing a Google Search for your size and then read the Forums where this issue is being discussed.

Good Luck.

Rangerman

I understand that and considering 5 new wheels 14 or 15"  Waiting to two more complete axles to be shipped in, ~b~ You can understand I'm a little pissed after purchasing 10 new tires, four wheels and 4 complete vault hubs to date.  Ranger now say they are now putting ST 215/65R 17" I have to very carefully due to fender rub.  To say the least not a Happy Camper.  Dealer and Ranger working to get this fixed hopefully in next week or so. Factory and Dealership have been great but no one has says they screwed up on wrong and improper tires.  Thus next put non ST tires on a trailer, sidewall fold on pot hole, dings or bust wheel, wheel can not take all impact thus bend axles.  ~b~ ~b~ All will be fixed very shorty for the last time because Newer Trailer come with ST tires

All goes back to improper tires from Factory  ~xyz ~xyz ~rant

Deadeye

Are they (Ranger) taking care of the cost? Just wondering.

Rangerman

Hopefully, I got a Great Dealer and they doing all they can.  I may be forced to buy 5 new wheels  so I can get normal ST tires on open market.  All the research say Goodyear, no one on the planet makes a 17" trail tire. Kenda just started and got a set of 5 coming. Nothing wrong with Kenda they just don't have load nor speed rating the Goodyears have. lo  Hopefully two new axles and hub will fix this trailer from the VERY FAR SIDE OF HELL lo lo lo Wrong Tires, Wrong Tires does it bother me, bother me  lo lo lo

Rangerman

Shame on Ranger using car tires on trailer and using Mickey Mouse rated Axles. way too light to save a nickel ~b~ ~b~ Shame on you