July 4th One Outfit Challenge

Started by zippyduck, June 11, 2019, 08:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

4th of July One Outfit Challenge
Rules:
Runs from July 4th through July 7th, any one of these days you can work into your schedule.
1 day 1 rod 1 reel all day.
Three baits minimum. Must use at least one moving bait and one bottom contact bait.
Third bait can be anything else.
No duplicates: EX: a pitching jig and a football jig. Or two different creature baits. They would count as one.

This is a test of the equipment and your ability to work several different baits.

Please give a review of how the Equipment worked out and pics of any fish.
All reviews must be posted by midnight Central time Wednesday July 31st.

No cut off dates to sign up. Actually no sign up. Just make a review post after you trip and then post here to let us know you posted a review. Please include the post name.

One lucky eligible reviewer will be drawn to receive a prize pack that is being worked on as I type this.

We have negotiated a Mister Twister package and a few Dobyns hats as prizes.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

zippyduck

I am going to participate with my Dobyns 736C and Daiwa Tatula SVTW.
I will not be in the running for the prize though.

Hey guys if our forefathers could defend us with one musket the we certainly can catch bass with one outfit.

Hope you have fun and learn something in the process.

gtrpickr

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm hoping I can get out one of those days and accept the challenge.

I would go with my Fury 734c not sure which reel yet tho

Oldfart9999

If I can get help with the boat I'll give it shot. CARBONLITE 7 FOOT MEDHEV, PQ REEL, 15 or 20 lb POWER PRO, maybe 10 lb.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

I may see if I can get in on this action.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Stren_g

I'll give er a shot if I can remember the challenge! I'll likely us a Dobyns FR734C with Diawa Tatula Ct... This could be fun!

Mike Cork

Mister Twister is going to provide baits. The winner will be drawn from all the qualifying reviews.

This is going to be very useful for everyone to see just how versatile a rod can be. Make sure to list your brand, power rating, basically all the detail you can in your reviews.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

mygreenihc

I will be fishing July 4th morning if all goes well.  I should be on the prettiest lake in the country,  Lake Jocassee.  If I can remember to do this,  I will participate.

I will be using a Dobyns DX743C paired with a Team Lew's Lite.  My baits of choice,  at this point is subject to change, a shakey head worm, a swimbait,  and probably some sort of top water bait.  I will decide that morning and abide by the decision.  My report will tell what I chose if this is fair enough.

Brad

zippyduck

Brad and everyone else,

There is no need to choose an outfit today. If you end up on Guntersville you don't want to have to fish with a sissy stick.

Choose a rod when you know where you will be fishing and stick with it.

gtrpickr

Quote from: zippyduck on June 12, 2019, 01:45:12 PM
Brad and everyone else,

There is no need to choose an outfit today. If you end up on Guntersville you don't want to have to fish with a sissy stick.

Choose a rod when you know where you will be fishing and stick with it.

sissy stick omg im dying here  ~roflmao

zippyduck

Quote from: gtrpickr on June 12, 2019, 01:49:49 PM
sissy stick omg im dying here  ~roflmao

I learned that term from one of our old timers here.  ;) lo

TrueGritAngler

I'm going to try and make it happen!! I'm going to use my MegaBass Levante Leviathan, paired with a Tatula 200. I'm going to use a wake bait, glide bait, and weedless swimbait.
Instagram @truegritangler

Oldfart9999

Zip, I don't mind, if I had to do this more than once on different lakes around here, after having my head examined I'd still pick the same outfit. It may be sissy but it sure catches fish.
Rodney

zippyduck

Guys,

Gary Dobyns is supplying a few hats to the winner also.

Smallie_Stalker

I'm gonna try and get in on this.

I got the Dobyns t-shirt but I need that Dobyns hat !!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

1ReelFanatik

I don't know if I'll even be fishing those days.  To me it is like trying to pick a favorite rod...or favorite reel.  Pretty darn hard to pick just one combo.  As stated....wait until you know where you will be fishing to pick a combo.

A lot of my rods are pretty versatile.  I've invested a bit in both rods and reels over the last 10 years.  Now it is a problem of too many choices.  Yeah.  Big problem.   lo

MH do I pick Diablo Spec R, Deputy, RX7 Rainshadow or Tatula?
Med. do I pick Regista, Tatula, Smallmouth, Sniper or Helios?

Which reel: Zillion 50th, SV103, Steez 100, Chronarch B, Scorpion, Helios Air, Purple Alphas or Primmus?

For Med. I am tempted to pick the Regista/Scorpion or Helios Air.  For MH the Deputy/Steez or Primmus.

No problem choosing if a spinning rod is required that day....Regista 6'10" MLF/Procyon 2000.

zippyduck

Quote from: 1ReelFanatik on June 13, 2019, 08:18:30 PM
I don't know if I'll even be fishing those days.  To me it is like trying to pick a favorite rod...or favorite reel.  Pretty darn hard to pick just one combo.  As stated....wait until you know where you will be fishing to pick a combo.

A lot of my rods are pretty versatile.  I've invested a bit in both rods and reels over the last 10 years.  Now it is a problem of too many choices.  Yeah.  Big problem.   lo

MH do I pick Diablo Spec R, Deputy, RX7 Rainshadow or Tatula?
Med. do I pick Regista, Tatula, Smallmouth, Sniper or Helios?

Which reel: Zillion 50th, SV103, Steez 100, Chronarch B, Scorpion, Helios Air, Purple Alphas or Primmus?

For Med. I am tempted to pick the Regista/Scorpion or Helios Air.  For MH the Deputy/Steez or Primmus.

No problem choosing if a spinning rod is required that day....Regista 6'10" MLF/Procyon 2000.

LOL yes that is why this challenge started. Anyone can say they would use something but when it comes to actually doing it things get fuzzy. I am still trying figure out which one I am using.
Good luck picking just one.

Capt. BassinLou

Zip, is there cut off date on when someone must declare they are participating?  I would enjoy participating in this, but I don't know if I will be fishing that weekend.

FishinBuck07

I am going to New York that weekend to fish with my little brother, I may have to do this challenge one of the days we are out fishing.

zippyduck

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 14, 2019, 05:43:14 AM
Zip, is there cut off date on when someone must declare they are participating?  I would enjoy participating in this, but I don't know if I will be fishing that weekend.

Lou and everyone else,

No cut off dates to sign up. Actually no sign up. Just make a review post after you trip and then post here to let us know you posted a review. Please include the post name.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: zippyduck on June 14, 2019, 10:38:23 AM

Lou and everyone else,

Sounds good, thank you sir

FD

I'd love to play but I'll be in NYC that week. I've done this before, forcing myself to fish just one technique for a day or two. It really makes you think differently about your approach to each technique.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Oldfart9999

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on June 14, 2019, 06:44:23 AM
I am going to New York that weekend to fish with my little brother, I may have to do this challenge one of the days we are out fishing.
Where abouts in The Peoples Republic of NY? I'm in Rochester.
Rodney

FishinBuck07

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on June 16, 2019, 06:51:11 PM
Where abouts in The Peoples Republic of NY? I'm in Rochester.
Rodney
Syracuse area, we fish the Oneida River a lot while up there.  Tried to fish Oneida Lake last summer but my stomach doesn't do well with the waves there, so we didn't stay long.  Thinking this year we may try some new spots just haven't figured it out yet.  I will wave as I go by Rochester area on July 3rd! ;D

Capt. BassinLou

I'm going to jump into this one. The rod I'm going to use is a CH735, the reel will be a Scorpion MGL with 50lb maxcuatro braid. The baits will be: HB Frog, Spook, and Gambler BB cricket pitch bait.