Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aquatic Habitat Restoration  (Read 247 times)

Bassinlou

• If you ain't froggin you ain't fishing ;)
Aquatic Habitat Restoration
« on: June 13, 2019, 06:48:04 AM »

In case anyone missed it, FWC released a bulletin on the completion of the aquatic restoration effort on Lake Trafford.

Click here---> Lake Trafford Aquatic Restoration

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
Re: Aquatic Habitat Restoration
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:43:41 AM »

What is so funny it's sad, is on another Fishing Site a guy predicted that now since they have been spraying so much that they have killed everything, a new Aquatic Plants Restoration project would be the next step.

Amazing just how accurate his prediction was.  Keeps the Money Flowing.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

SFL BassHunter

• SFL BassHunter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »

Cool hopefully in a few years it becomes a great fishery 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:59:24 AM »

What is so funny it's sad, is on another Fishing Site a guy predicted that now since they have been spraying so much that they have killed everything, a new Aquatic Plants Restoration project would be the next step.

Amazing just how accurate his prediction was.  Keeps the Money Flowing.

~b~ unfreakingbelievable aint it?  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

big g

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »

Thanks for the info Lou.  We can only hope for the best in the future.  I'm sure there are some gov workers doing the best they can under the present conditions.  Time will tell.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 03:17:29 AM »

Thanks for the info Lou.  We can only hope for the best in the future.  I'm sure there are some gov workers doing the best they can under the present conditions.  Time will tell.
Spray to kill the invasive’s and plant native eel grass. I like where this is going.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
TR 20X2 - Merc 250 Pro XS - Humminbird        Ford F-450 4X4

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 07:57:54 AM »

Spray to kill the invasive’s and plant native eel grass. I like where this is going.

Sent from the end of the paved road...

Back in the early 1990's I think it was, they did a native plants plantings in Lake Monroe. I read an article about how they did it and how they would plant then the next day they would all be gone. What the leaned was the Turtles were eating it all during the night.

They had to use Chicken wire and fence off huge sections and leave it there until it got established, then once removed it lasted.  It was touted as a Great Restoration Project and Game Leaders from all over the country came to see it.

Fast Forward to now. The Spraying has not only killed the Plants they were after it has killed most of the eelgrass as well.

Lake Woodruff had a huge underwater field of eelgrass that was awesome to fish, but there also the Spraying took it's toll and it is no longer there.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 26 queries.