Chesapeake Bay Bass Fishing League 15 June 2019

Started by Mike Cork, June 17, 2019, 02:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Chesapeake Bay Bass Fishing League 15 June 2019

NEW JERSEY'S SENTORE WINS T-H MARINE FLW BASS FISHING LEAGUE TOURNAMENT ON CHESAPEAKE BAY
Pennsylvania's Herr Tops Co-angler Field
NORTH EAST, Md. (June 17, 2019) – Boater Michael Sentore of Gloucester City, New Jersey, won the T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League (BFL) Northeast Division tournament on the Chesapeake Bay Saturday with a five-bass limit weighing 19 pounds even. For his finish, Sentore netted $3,362.
Sentore said he stayed in the North East River and Furnace Bay during the tournament, and caught all of his fish flipping a ½-ounce, green-pumpkin-colored Riot Baits Minima Jig with a Riot Baits Tantrum trailer of the same color.
"The Chesapeake Bay has been getting a lot of pressure, and by using a bait with a smaller profile, but still on 20-pound-test [Bass Pro Shops 100-percent fluorocarbon] line, it allowed me to get some bites behind other boaters," said Sentore, who earned his first win FLW competition. "I was basically flipping laydowns and dock pilings. I caught them throughout the day – I'd get handful of bites each hour."
Sentore said he caught around nine keepers and about 10 short fish on the day.
"I'd say high-tide in Furnace Bay was the best for flipping laydowns," said Sentore. "In Furnace Bay there are essentially two sides – the Mill Creek side and the rest of Furnace Bay. The Mill Creek shoreline laydowns produced a handful of my keeper fish. And I got a couple of keeper bites on the lower water – the North East river. When the water was low and off the banks there was fish on the dock pilings. That kind of broke my day up."
The top 10 boaters finished the tournament in:
               1st:          Michael Sentore, Gloucester City, N.J., five bass, 19-0, $3,632
               2nd:         Travis Manson, Conshohocken, Pa., five bass, 17-13, $2,016
               3rd:          Rick McFaul, Phoenix, Md., five bass, 16-2, $1,310
               4th:          Luke Shrader, Barrington, N.J., five bass, 16-0, $847
               5th:          Jonathan Dietz, Corry, Pa., five bass, 15-6, $726
               6th:          Sheron Brown, Leominster, Mass., five bass, 15-2, $666
               7th:          John Vanore, Mullica Hill, N.J., five bass, 12-8, $855
               8th:          John Hauserman, Towson, Md., five bass, 12-7, $545
               9th:          Robert Bidniuk, Chambersburg, Pa., three bass, 11-14, $949
               10th:        Ronald Tracy, Marlton, N.J., five bass, 11-12, $424
Complete results can be found at FLWFishing.com.
Bidniuk caught a bass weighing 6 pounds, 5 ounces – the heaviest of the event in the Boater Division – and earned the day's Boater Big Bass award of $465.
Chris Herr of Denver, Pennsylvania, won the Co-angler Division and $1,816 Saturday after catching five bass weighing 14 pounds, 8 ounces.
The top 10 co-anglers were:
               1st:          Chris Herr, Denver, Pa., five bass, 14-8, $1,816
               2nd:         Daniel Fiori, Voorhees, N.J., five bass, 13-6, $908
               3rd:          Chad Dorney, Macungie, Pa., four bass, 10-0, $606
               4th:          Scott Gropp, Trenton, N.J., four bass, 9-12, $524
               5th:          John Chacosky, Media, Pa., four bass, 8-8, $548
               5th:          Christopher Trovinger, Smithsburg, Md., three bass, 8-8, $348
               7th:          Michael Bahnweg, Union Dale, Pa., three bass, 8-1, $403
               8th:          Bill Klaips, Shavertown, Pa., two bass, 6-13, $272
               9th:          Dylan Martin, Narvon, Pa., two bass, 6-12, $242
               10th:        C.J. Tuite, Succasunna, N.J., two bass, 6-3, $212
Matthew Gaeng of Greeley, Pennsylvania, caught the heaviest bass in the Co-angler Division, a fish weighing in at 5 pounds, 5 ounces. The catch earned him the day's Co-angler Big Bass award of $232.
The top 45 boaters and co-anglers in the region based on point standings, along with the five winners in each qualifying event, will be entered in the Oct. 17-19 BFL Regional Championship on the Potomac River in Marbury, Maryland. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger Z518L with a 200-horsepower outboard and $20,000, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger Z518L with a 200-horsepower outboard.
The 2019 BFL is a 24-division circuit devoted to weekend anglers, with 128 tournaments throughout the season, five qualifying events in each division. The top 45 boaters and co-anglers from each division, along with the five winners of the qualifying events, will advance to one of six regional tournaments where they are competing to finish in the top six, which then qualifies them for one of the longest-running championships in all of competitive bass fishing – the BFL All-American. The 2020 BFL All-American will be held April 30-May 2 at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, South Carolina, and is hosted by Visit Anderson. Top performers in the BFL can move up to the Costa FLW Series or even the FLW Tour.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service