Let's see your rod racks

Started by mygreenihc, June 21, 2019, 09:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygreenihc

I am finally cleaning up my garage and organizing things.  this is not one of my stronger traits,  but it is getting done.  Once I finish organizing everything,  i will donate part of my garage to myself for organized fishing equipment.  How are you guys doing this?  I have seen desks with pegboard behind it and a few other scenarios.  If you can,  take a picture of your fishing storage area and post it here.  Otherwise,  a description will work.

Brad

LgMouthGambler

Just a small round one for me.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

zippyduck

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 21, 2019, 10:25:49 AM
Just a small round one for me.

There is something terribly wrong with that picture.  :shocking:  Not one of them has a reel on it. What happens when a fishing emergency happens?  :-\ I don't want to waste time stringing a rod and maybe missing the bite.  :'(
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zippyduck on June 21, 2019, 10:29:34 AM
There is something terribly wrong with that picture.  :shocking:  Not one of them has a reel on it. What happens when a fishing emergency happens?  :-\ I don't want to waste time stringing a rod and maybe missing the bite.  :'(

I get everything ready the night before. Depending on where Im going, and what Im going to be doing, will depend on what combination of rod/reel I will use. So, 17 reels to choose (the ones that actually get used anyways  lo ), and like 16 rods. I have combinations for just about anything.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: zippyduck on June 21, 2019, 10:29:34 AM
The reels sleep under his pillow....

Lee Smith

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 21, 2019, 10:47:57 AM

~roflmao  ~roflmao

and are 'sticky' at times.....  :surrender:  ~roflmao
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

SteveTX

~roflmao

I have what looks to be the same round rod rack. To me it's perfect in small space like a corner. It can spin so it doesn't have to be moved to get to any of the rods. Also it holds a lot of rods and I love the fact they are vertical. The ones where rods lay horizontally always in my mind I feel are warping my rods if left for any length of time. I have a few rods I rarely use but are $200 rods I don't want to have a permanent bow in them. 

I leave my reels on mostly unless im at a slow fishing time (winter) and then I take apart for thorough cleaning. I place all my reels in a bottom drawer of my chest. Not under my pillows.  lo

Bud Kennedy

I have two of this style rack  It is two sided and on wheels that makes it easy to access what I want.  Can also be used with the reels attached or not.  One is in my man room and one is in the Garage.  The garage unit is used for a ready rack.  If I am going out again the next day the rods go into the ready rack so I don't have to go in the house to bring them out.  I never leave my rods or reels in the boat overnight.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lee Smith on June 21, 2019, 11:44:57 AM
~roflmao  ~roflmao

and are 'sticky' at times.....  :surrender:  ~roflmao
And now...we have gone a bit far. Lol!

SteveTX

The bigger question is How did Lee know they were sticky at times?

FishinBuck07

I think this topic is a little personal myself! ;D

zippyduck

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on June 21, 2019, 12:35:04 PM
I think this topic is a little personal myself! ;D

We try to keep those two under control but we can only do so much.  :surrender: You haven't seen anything yet.  ~roflmao
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zippyduck on June 21, 2019, 01:05:30 PM
We try to keep those two under control but we can only do so much.  :surrender: You haven't seen anything yet.  ~roflmao

Its like trying to stop a water main break with a cotton ball.

Lee Smith

We have successfully hi-jacked this thread and we apologize......

Weren't that nice  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

BarryFL

Lol. Rod rack? It's the rod locker in my boat.

~Barry~

~Barry~

LgMouthGambler

To clarify, they have their own beds.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 21, 2019, 07:41:37 PM
To clarify, they have their own beds.

You must have a really lump pillow...

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 21, 2019, 07:43:30 PM
You must have a really lump pillow...
As long as it's just the pillow that's lump, and not the....well...never mind.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 21, 2019, 07:45:03 PM
As long as it's just the pillow that's lump, and not the....well...never mind.

Lol!! Darn it... missed the "y"... lmao!! I meant to say lumpy pillow...

FishinBuck07

This stuff is too good!  Lol.  ~roflmao