Bass caught on Dobyns Rods

Started by Mike Cork, June 25, 2019, 02:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Guys, let's make it easier on Gary and post your photos here. His staff can copy them and use them in the Newsletters or put them on Facebook!

*** By posting a photo to this thread you are releasing the photo to be reused by Gary Dobyns and/or Dobyns Rods for use as they deem promotional for the Dobyns Rods Brand.

*** By posting a photo to this thread you are releasing the photo to Gary Dobyns and/or Dobyns Rods to brag on your behalf in promotional materials they deem appropriate.   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Lastly, Gary will probably still ask for your personal permission, just the way he is, but we all get pressed for time and I just wanted to make it clear that he doesn't have too after we post to this thread. Cuts a step out for him if need be. Please, keep originals as he or his staff may ask for them should they want to use your photograph in a "print" publication such as catalogs or flyers.

That should cover all of it. Please post away and have fun... Wear your hats and shirts and if you don't have one already you can go to the Dobyns Rods site and pick something up pretty inexpensively right now. Be sure to enter the monthly contests where we give away a shirt and hat.

Just a little tip, my lucky fishing hat is a worn out Dobyns Hat that Mother won't let me take photos with (unless she's not around  ~shhh ) so I keep a clean hat in a baggy in the rod locker. So if your lucky hat is a rag like mine or of your favorite football team just keep a Dobyns Hat tucked away for the perfect photo op :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

7-10 and 6 plus caught on a frog

Just over 8 caught on a frog

Don't remember but I look good LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cork's Reel Service

mygreenihc

How do you follow up pictures like that?  My pictures will all be of 2 pound spots. :surrender:

Brad

mygreenihc

This is not a very good picture and my Dobyns DC734c is laying on the deck,  but this one is a little over 5.

Brad

SteveTX

I always try and secure my rod first out of the way before photos so It isnt stepped on or some freak accident happen.  :( This is a rare case my rod is not put over to the side.
Here is my deck loaded with three Dobyns rods (DX 784C, and two Savvy 735C) and my most recent 7lb catch. Caught on my DX 784C pitching a jig with it.

Mike Cork

Photos don't have to be of giants. Gary loves all kinds of photos. Average sized bass are realistic and the photos usable. Gary prints a new catalog every couple years if not every year and he needs photos of all kinds for that. He wants his staff to make social media posts everyday. Then there is the Newsletter.

So photos of all kinds, just post them up. If you have a hat or shirt on even better, rod in the photo is awesome too.

That five pounder is great ~c~ ~c~

They love kid photos too :-*

I just wanted to get a place where we could load up a our pictures and Gary could pick from them when he's needing a specific or special shot.

On that note I need to add a disclaimer in the first post...

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

That's a beautiful fish Steve, is that your special point you refer to once in a while?

Cork's Reel Service

SteveTX

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 25, 2019, 05:19:26 PM
That's a beautiful fish Steve, is that your special point you refer to once in a while?
Some nice ones really seem to like that area. The point is more behind me Im a little into the cove a little bit at that point but yeah its a nice place to stick a good one here and there.  ~shhh

zippyduck

Debbie's birthday catch on a Sa703sf.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Mike Cork

Awesome, getting some bronzebacks in the mix too  ~c~ ~c~ Congrats Mrs Zippyduck ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

apenland01

I posted this in catch of the day back in May, but here it is again.  The first fish I caught on my refurbished Champion 704 SF that I bought from the Dobyns store.  I just so happened to be wearing the free Dobyns shirt I won from Ultimate Bass during the first day of the tournament.  This fish weighed just under 2 pounds if I remember right.  I was fishing a fluke, which is why I bought the rod and caught it fairly early in the morning to start the day off right.

So thanks to Gary and Ultimate Bass for the free shirts and hats and an especially big thank you to Dobyns for selling nice refurbished rods for a decent price directly from Dobyns!

zippyduck

Another one from today. Cranking squarebills on my Dc 735cb glass was the ticket today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Mike Cork

Awesome catches guys. Keep them coming through the summer.  ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

RocBass

LMB caught yesterday on Sierra 692 SF .  This rod is now my favorite for finesse fishing.  I pair it with a Diawa Fuego 2500 using braid and a floro leader.  This is the best I can do for a pic, fishing from my kayak; as it's not easy to get a quick pic before releasing, holding the camera in one hand and the fish in the other and also the rod in there. Hope this works.

RocBass

Great day yesterday, caught 12 LMB and 5 SMB using the 692SF.  Here's a pic of a nice 4.5 SMB.  As stated in a separate post several days ago, when I reviewed this rod - not only is it very sensitive and light - it excels in fighting the fish back to the kayak.

Bud Kennedy

Revamped your pics.  Great Shots.  These might be better for Gary to Use if he wants.

Capt. BassinLou

I wanted to contribute to this thread. My better bass yesterday came off other rods, but this bass was caught on my CH 735.

RocBass

Yesterday was another great day with the 692SF caught over 20, a mix of LMB, SMB and one pickerel. Love this rod for finesse techniques from the kayak.  Here's a series of pics fighting a good size SMB.  Got some decent pics, all things considered; snapping off shots with one hand as I held the rod in the other. After these pics, I am probably done posting, unless I get a real giant as most pics of just fish are very similar.

RocBass

Last in series of SMB fight with 692SF.  I need longer arms to get picture of how the rod bends beautifully and helps to control the fish. 
PS Not sure what Bud Kennedy did last time to make my pics show better.  I really appreciated the help.

Mike Cork

Great stuff guys...

Roc, I like the actions shots, I'm sure Gary will love them also.

Don't think one shot is the same as the next. You never know where they might need the photo and even the background can make a difference. So if you have a photo you like and it has Dobyns in it, post it. We never know when or where something will work.

Plus is a chance to show off our catches to all those thinking about buying a Dobyns Rod. :-*

Cork's Reel Service

Dink Dawg

Also caught on a Dobyns Beast spinnerbait. Champion 734C.

Dink Dawg

Gary Dobyns

FLO GROWN

"Tight lines"