FLBR BS Room (July 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 30, 2019, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Got my eel ready for tomorrow. I'm curious about the action of this tail...

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 12, 2019, 04:25:04 PM

Good luck, hope the skeeters aren't too bad! ~i
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

I've got my Dad and nieces staying over this weekend and after a brief boat ride we decided fishing needs to be done in the shade.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 12, 2019, 04:25:04 PM

That tail reminds me a lot of the Zoom Gator Tail worms. I bought some years ago thinking they might work even better than the U-Vibes did, but never found that to be the case. I remember catching one fish on them in muddy water, where maybe the extra tail movement helped it find the worm.

So how did they work for you?

Deadeye

Quote from: FD on July 14, 2019, 03:22:14 AM
I've got my Dad and nieces staying over this weekend and after a brief boat ride we decided fishing needs to be done in the shade.

Sent from the end of the paved road...

Good idea. I saw that the real temps today are in the 90's but the feel like are near 100.

I was out riding my ATV yesterday and with the cloud cover it wasn't to bad. When I got home the clouds had left and it turned into Sweat City.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on July 14, 2019, 08:57:19 AM
That tail reminds me a lot of the Zoom Gator Tail worms. I bought some years ago thinking they might work even better than the U-Vibes did, but never found that to be the case. I remember catching one fish on them in muddy water, where maybe the extra tail movement helped it find the worm.

So how did they work for you?
I fished with them for a little while yesterday. The tail swims awesome!! Unfortunately I had no takers. The bass were focused on other baits so I went with those.

FD

Good luck this weekend boys.

I'm out for a while. Overdid it at work this week pushing for an early completion bonus.  I stepped wrong yesterday morning and pulled something in my low back. I'm at least of the 5 day DL.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacia est

big g

So sorry to hear this, when the back is acting up everything goes down hill!  Rest and anti inflammatory Meds.  >:(
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

Quote from: big g on July 19, 2019, 10:13:43 AM
So sorry to hear this, when the back is acting up everything goes down hill!  Rest and anti inflammatory Meds.  >:(
Thanks George. It's not my normal back issues. I twisted wrong yesterday and now my entire low back is completely locked up. Sitting and laying are ok but standing up strait is a no go.

On a positive note, I've caught up on the Tour de France, watched two full rounds of the Open Championship, and several MLF episodes.

BarryFL

Damn, Lee. Get well soon.

~Barry~

~Barry~

FD

Quote from: BarryFL on July 19, 2019, 03:55:23 PM
Damn, Lee. Get well soon.

~Barry~
Thanks Barry.  Let me know how y'all do today.

And the bar is open...

Deadeye

Hope you get to feeling better quickly Lee.

When mine was locked up the only relief I could get was in the recliner with my feet up. Using a Heating Pad worked wonders too. Ice didn't seem to help at all.

Some OTC Things I've found to work well are Sprays made by Icy Hot and BioFreeze. Creams by Aspercreme with Lidocane. For whatever reason the Aspercreme Spray doesn't do much for me.

Today I'm helping a daughter's friend move in with her in the morning, then have a MC Meeting in the afternoon- so no fishing for me today.

Had the Twins yesterday and we will have them until Monday or Tuesday, but I might sneak out to fish while Grammy is not working.

Capt. BassinLou

Good luck to everyone fishing this weekend, we have a new leader on the board.

Capt. BassinLou

I'm fishing later this afternoon. Taking my son, and we'll fish til the sun the sets and avoid the attack of the skeeters.

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 20, 2019, 12:21:57 PM
I'm fishing later this afternoon. Taking my son, and we'll fish til the sun the sets and avoid the attack of the skeeters.

Good luck Lou, lots of rumbling west of me!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on July 20, 2019, 02:52:20 PM
Good luck Lou, lots of rumbling west of me!
Its pouring and lightening all around. My son and I are just chilling in the truck until it passes. Cutting into our fishing time, but better safe than sorry out here.

BarryFL

Walt and I fished Toho today. Topwater, pitch, punch, spinnerbaits, rattletrap, uvibe, they wanted none if it. I caught one on a swimbait early and that was it. Fished from Toho Marina to Southport. Water is low and vegetation is choking out the boats lanes. Hydrilla everywhere. Bottom to top in 8ft of water in some areas. Need another 1.5ft of water at least. Water temps weren't extreme. 87-90f surface temp. Oh well, guess I'll have to go to PCMH to improve my bag.

~Barry~
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

My son and I are flipping out watching a family fishing on the dock with lightning all around!! We just want to scream at them to get to cover. But you can't fix stupid.

big g

lol, you can't fix stupid!  Lots of thunder out west, sounds like it's stopping now.

Capt. BassinLou

Soooo it became official today, Rick and I will be showing up in my new boat come this November when we all meet up for the CLASSIC. To read my story click here ---> New Chapter Begins

FD

Good morning from The Port

FD

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 25, 2019, 05:35:42 PM
Soooo it became official today, Rick and I will be showing up in my new boat come this November when we all meet up for the CLASSIC. To read my story click here ---> New Chapter Begins

Deadeye

Well I am Officially Old now. Our YOUNGEST Daughter turned 30 this weekend. 
:o :o :o :o :o

Time stands still for no man.

BarryFL

Lol. My oldest will be 32 next month.

~Barry~

~Barry~