FL Bass Talk (July 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 30, 2019, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Good topics and conversations last month, let's keep them going!!

rchiuz

I have been seeing a lot of social media about a bad fisherman named Mike Long. I never heard of the guy. Are you guys familiar with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rchiuz on July 01, 2019, 08:12:21 AM
I have been seeing a lot of social media about a bad fisherman named Mike Long. I never heard of the guy. Are you guys familiar with him?

Swimbait....I mean "snagging" fisherman. Lots of talk over the last year about him doing this, and has finally been outed.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

BarryFL

He is the guy that made the big hardbody swim (glide) baits popular in Cali. I'm talking 10-12in baits that cost up $100!
Turns out he was a fraud, snagging big bass in clear lakes and even transporting them to other lakes and claiming local records. I hope they strip him of every record with his name on it.

~Barry~

~Barry~

LgMouthGambler

Thanks to TW having a 4th of July sale, I snagged a Ark Sniper rod 2 day shipped to me for $90. That's over 50% off retail!

Get it...."snagged".

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 01, 2019, 06:54:43 PM
Thanks to TW having a 4th of July sale, I snagged a Ark Sniper rod 2 day shipped to me for $90. That's over 50% off retail!

Get it...."snagged".

Sweet...
Besides the price, why did you purchase that particular rod?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2019, 12:04:41 PM
Sweet...
Besides the price, why did you purchase that particular rod?
7ft MH XF model. Just was browsing what they had on sale, and then realized I could apply the 15% off on top of that. Why the he!! not? Lol. I could always use another rod in the arsenal.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 02, 2019, 12:08:35 PM
7ft MH XF model. Just was browsing what they had on sale, and then realized I could apply the 15% off on top of that. Why the he!! not? Lol. I could always use another rod in the arsenal.

Gotcha.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2019, 12:44:22 PM
Gotcha.

Check them out. I know people that have been using them for a while, and like them.

LgMouthGambler

Guess I'm going alone Sunday morning. Time to play with the new toys.

<")))>{

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 02, 2019, 07:45:48 PM
Guess I'm going alone Sunday morning. Time to play with the new toys.

<")))>{
Where you going?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2019, 07:48:30 PM
Where you going?
No clue yet.

FlatsNBay

Next time y'all are in Publix, check out the July edition of Florida Sportfishing Magazine. My article on pitching made the issue!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FlatsNBay on July 03, 2019, 05:36:19 PM
Next time y'all are in Publix, check out the July edition of Florida Sportfishing Magazine. My article on pitching made the issue!

No kidding! That's awesome!

Capt. BassinLou

congrats!!

LgMouthGambler

So I had almost $9 in Ebay bucks. I decided to buy another pair of Calcutta Polarized sunglasses. I now have the blue, smoke, and amber lens options. The blue are nice on the ocean. The amber are really nice in our waters down here. I dont know how the smokes are gonna be, but, for $11 after my Ebay bucks, I'm not worried either way.

LgMouthGambler

Then, I also decided in my roll of respooling yesterday, I was gonna strip all the McCoy line off my 200I Citica because I was anticipating the arrival of my Sufix Advanve 12lb. Well, it's not coming in time for this weekend, so on went some old braid for backing, and the rest filled with new McCoy. At least I got the backing part accomplished. Duuuuuh.

But on a better note, the ARK Sniper rod is scheduled for delivery Friday! So I should have that fir the weekend.

LgMouthGambler

New rod is en route today, and Im stopping over by Lox on the way home to scope the water levels for a possible trip Sunday morning.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 05, 2019, 07:55:43 AM
New rod is en route today, and Im stopping over by Lox on the way home to scope the water levels for a possible trip Sunday morning.
Water levels shouldn't be an issue for the mud puppy. Sounds like a flats outing anyways.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 05, 2019, 07:58:36 AM
Water levels shouldn't be an issue for the mud puppy. Sounds like a flats outing anyways.

Its not an issue for the boat per say, but how I like the levels to be when Im fishing out there.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 05, 2019, 08:11:00 AM
Its not an issue for the boat per say, but how I like the levels to be when Im fishing out there.
Adapt to the conditions and go fish!!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 05, 2019, 08:59:41 AM
Adapt to the conditions and go fish!!

LOL. Nah, Ilkl scope my choices.

LgMouthGambler

Got the ARK Sniper rod in. Its actually a really nice rod, but no way Id pay $200 for it. The eyes are slightly off alignment, but the overall rod is solid. For the $90 shipped I paid, Im quite happy with it.

SFL BassHunter

Congrats!!

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Rigged and ready for Sunday morning.