Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ardent Line Butter - Anyone  (Read 404 times)

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
Ardent Line Butter - Anyone
« on: July 08, 2019, 05:06:33 PM »

Has anyone tried this? The KVD line conditioner is getting a bit too expensive for my taste. I've got some money sitting in my Amazon gift card balance and I can score a bottle of the Ardent for less than 8 bucks.

I know the reel gurus here at UB have good things to say about the Reel Butter so I'm assuming the Line Butter should be just as good.

Any experiences anyone has had, good or bad, would help.

Thanks guys.
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
Re: Ardent Line Butter - Anyone
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »

Not a fan. Buy the KVD in bulk container.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

• Charter Member
  • The most underestimated bass fisherman on UB - zip
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 10:08:05 PM »

I have a bottle somewhere I got from my daughter with other stuff for fishing. Ive never opened it.

I always used KVD on my mono. I don't fish a lot of mono these days so its lasted a long time. I feel itís worth the little extra if I have to have it. Beats trying something cheaper then having to go get what ya wanted to start with.

For me I'm pretty much done with any conditioner. Ive forgot to use it a few times and I never missed it till I saw the bottle. I starting to think its more an addiction for the fisherman than it fixes anything. Ill finish what I have off then its one less thing in the boat.  lo
UltimateBass Free Bass Fishing Tourney (IBASS) is for everyone!
Just make an account at UltimateBass.com and follow these simple rules found here
IBASS CLASSIC 2018 3rd place / IBASS 2017 4th place 

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:39:21 AM »

I change line too often for conditioners. I did use KVD on my Fluoro at first but like Steve I forgot it and then didn't miss it...

Are they useful? not for my scenarios but that is something different for each angler. They obviously work or they would have been buried by now.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »

I'm still using Reel Magic, since it is mostly to take salt off of my reels, haven't ever really treated my line on purpose that I can think of, although I might have and just not remembered it.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • If you ain't froggin you ain't fishing ;)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 11:00:13 AM »

Like Steve, I used kvd line conditioner for a very long time, then one day I forgot to spray it on my mono, and I haven't used it again since.

Jared LeBlue

• Charter Member
  • LOCK JAW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »

The Ardent Line Butter works fine, but like everyone else, I forget it's in my boat. It's almost like scent, if it's not on my deck and line of sight I don't ever spray it on, but like scent it works like it should when you can remember to use it. ;D
Ardent Prostaff

mygreenihc

• Charter Member
  • Roll Tide
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 04:33:01 PM »

I have not used the Ardent conditioner,  I really didn't know it existed.  I use Ardent Reel butter and bearing oil and like it, so I will have to give it a try and see.

I have the KVD spray in my boat that I use occasionally,  but mostly only with brand new line.  My biggest problem is that I do not like to spray stuff like line conditioner,  scents,  skeeter dope, etc. in the boat because I don't want to end up in the river.  That stuff is slickidy on fiberglass.

Brad

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 04:51:49 PM »

Thanks for all the responses guys. Since most of you get to fish on a regular basis I can understand not really needing it. Most of my gear sits for long periods of time without use. All of my reels have braid on them except for one which is mono (I don't use flouro anymore) so it's probably not a big issue anyway.

I did notice when I went out with Zippy that the line on one of my reels didn't seem to be flowing as smoothly as it should. Then again that braid has been on that reel so long I can't remember when I put it there. And I know I already used the "reverse the braid" trick. Might just be it's finally time to change out that braid after so long.

Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 07:49:01 AM »

I use KVD when I spool new line, helps clean the manufacturing dust off it, I also use it once in a while, when it's been a while I'll let out a bunch of line then retrieve it through a rag soaked with it to clean the line, just with braid though.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

mygreenihc

• Charter Member
  • Roll Tide
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:11 AM »

I never thought of doing that with braid.  I may try that and see how it does.

RuddyDuck

• Smallmouth
  • What, not another HammerHandle!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »

I tried line butter for a season or so. I thought it was pretty greasy, messy and got all over stuff. I quit using line condition mostly now. If I remember, Now I just bomb out a cast or two and reel back to soften up the line a bit that way. Seems about the same.
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.