Well.....Thanks A Lot

Started by LabRat, July 09, 2019, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LabRat

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a bit, but now that it's becoming a habit to add another HP to my arsenal every time tacklewarehouse has a sale, I figured I would come say hi....

I bought a 742c a while back to replace a shorter 7foot casting rod I was using for finesse baits, and noticed that I was starting to force myself to only use baits that I could throw on that rod. After that, I got curious and replaced my jig rod with a 745.....and as I'm sure all you 745 owners have learned the hard way, I am now replacing my entire rod arsenal with Dobyns rods. I don't know what kind of black magic Gary used to make the 745, but now I need to see what the rest of the line can do.

My 742sf just arrived tonight and I'm already at the rod rack deciding what's next on the chopping block to be replaced. There's no turning back at this point I guess......

zippyduck

Welcome to the obsession. They are like potato chips you just can't have one.

What area of Pa. are you from? We have members from both sides of the state. Check out the Pa. reports and add some lunker pics.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

gtrpickr

Those Dobyns rods do seem to cast a spell on ya, they got me hooked  ;D

LabRat

I'm from the Lehigh Valley. I do a lot of roaming around on the Delaware River along with some of the lakes around here. I try my best to get up to Ontario too. I'll have to check out the Pa reports and see if anyone else is around me.

SteveTX

Mr Dobyns loves you.  lo

The rods are nice enjoy.  ~c~

Mike Cork

I remember my first 745. I had other Dobyns Rods but never and Extreme and I decided to try it, well the rest is history....

Congratulations on some very nice equipment and welcome to the addiction.  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LabRat on July 09, 2019, 11:23:09 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a bit, but now that it's becoming a habit to add another HP to my arsenal every time tacklewarehouse has a sale, I figured I would come say hi....

I bought a 742c a while back to replace a shorter 7foot casting rod I was using for finesse baits, and noticed that I was starting to force myself to only use baits that I could throw on that rod. After that, I got curious and replaced my jig rod with a 745.....and as I'm sure all you 745 owners have learned the hard way, I am now replacing my entire rod arsenal with Dobyns rods. I don't know what kind of black magic Gary used to make the 745, but now I need to see what the rest of the line can do.

My 742sf just arrived tonight and I'm already at the rod rack deciding what's next on the chopping block to be replaced. There's no turning back at this point I guess......

First off, welcome to UB, thank you for coming out of the shadows and participating with us.  ~c~ ~beer~

I bought my first Dobyns rods years ago. It was a Savvy 703, fast foward to today and Champions occupy my deck. Great rods, just having one Dobyns doesn't make sense....  lo lo Welcome aboard.

mygreenihc

Welcome aboard! 

Like BassinLou,  my first Dobyns was a Savvy 703.  I still use it,  but my rod box now contains all Dobyns rods now except for one old Carrot Stick. 

It is an addiction that does not seem to go away... =)

Brad

Gary Dobyns

SteveTX is right ....Gary Dobyns does love you :):)  Thanks guys, much appreciated !!!!!

spencerinstl

Its nice to be appreciated for buying an awesome product.  Your Dobyns rods are only going to grow.
I have 5 Champions, 4 Extremes, and one Xtasy.

Dink Dawg

Quote from: spencerinstl on July 30, 2019, 05:05:16 PM
Its nice to be appreciated for buying an awesome product.  Your Dobyns rods are only going to grow.
I have 5 Champions, 4 Extremes, and one Xtasy.

That's a very good start!

OCBassman

Just called and ordered a refurbed Fury 795SB.

$100 shipped.  Glass I called.

Thanx Again Gary. ~c~

zippyduck

Quote from: OCBassman on August 02, 2019, 01:04:35 PM

Thanx Again Gary. ~c~

Enjoy the new rod!
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

FLO GROWN

Congrats on rod!! All I own now are Dobyns, such great quality don't even think about the rod,it becomes an extension of your arm,Gary sells high quality products at reasonable price why they are so popular and have such a hugeeeee following.

"Tight lines"

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: OCBassman on August 02, 2019, 01:04:35 PM

Thanx Again Gary. ~c~
Interested in hearing your thoughts on this rod. I have some large swimbaits I tried throwing on a saltwater spinning rig but it didn't work well. I've been looking at this exact rod to fill the bill. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

OCBassman

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 02, 2019, 06:01:41 PM
Interested in hearing your thoughts on this rod. I have some large swimbaits I tried throwing on a saltwater spinning rig but it didn't work well. I've been looking at this exact rod to fill the bill. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I definitely will. I am hoping to get out next weekend. I think im going to to to Lake Istokpoga.