Dobyns D-Swim Jig Head

Started by mygreenihc, July 13, 2019, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygreenihc

I know that this is a rod forum and we can move the thread if the mods feel that we should,  but I wanted to ask for opinions on something.  While entering the Dobyns giveaway contest this week,  the question was about the different sizes of the D-Swim jig head. 

I was not aware of these jigs,  but when I saw them,  I got excited.  The reason for this is because I fish a lot with Alabama rigs,  and even though a million people make jig heads for A-rigs,  I can never find one that I like.

Most jig heads have the eye set at 45 degrees up to 90 degrees,  and I am looking for something as close to straight through as I can find.  I think that the head needs to have a slight angle on the eye so that it does not tend to roll,  but too much angle and the head wobbles too much.  So,  basically,  this appears to possibly be the head that I have been looking for.

How do you think these swim jig heads would do on an Alabama rig?  Would the brush guard be too much for an A-rig?

Let me know your thoughts.

Brad

Mike Cork

I haven't had the pleasure of using them yet, but I'll see if I can get Gary over to talk about the design concept behind them. All of the Dobyns Baits are to Gary's specifications...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Gary Dobyns

Thanks for the question. I made these SB heads with A-Rig in mind. I throw them a lot. They have a 28 degree hook eye (this is off memory which is dangerous for me ) The hook eye is out in front so the head makes the bait "swim" MUCH better. 90 degree hooks suck in my opinion on SB heads. They hurt the action. Also, I put a 4 point barb system on the head to hold the baits. They will not twist or pull back on the head. No super glue needed. I know I'm biased but I think it's best SB head on the market. I'm expanding the line up also. Too many requests for longer hooks in the bigger sizes. We don't have a lot of dealers stocking these yet but TW does. If you have problems finding them call us. I was testing new longer hook samples today and I really like them. THX!!!!