Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rangerman whats up with your trailer  (Read 205 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Rangerman whats up with your trailer
« on: July 15, 2019, 03:41:15 PM »

Just wondering if you got everything squared away ?

Rangerman

• Lunker
Re: Rangerman whats up with your trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:37:07 AM »

Funny you ask ~b~ not funny at all. Axles have arrived and going to get them put on by a Specially Trailer Shop local. Great dealer worked with me on this trailer from the far side of hell. It came with P or car tires which caused 99% or problems.  Kenda has come out with a ST215/65R17 for the Getto Wheels on the Rangers and Ranger has been putting them on since June I think of 2018. I have 5 coming in the Special Trailer Tire.  They can not be purchased anywhere on earth yet. Dealer has them coming from Ranger.
 ;)
When the tires get in I'll have both axle replaced and new tires. With my measuring on the SWAG system both axle out on camber and caster. I wore out another two new tires on the Right side going to Saint Clair and back about 2000 miles round trip. I'm sure once axle replaced with new tires the problem will be cured.

The P215/65R17 DO NOT have proper support for trailer cause it wooble and sway going down the road with proper 44 psi inflation. Wears hell out of tires. The New ST Kenda's are 50 psi and a 6 ply. Thats the ONLY 17" tire made with ST rating and they just started. Hopefully I get it all fixed in the next week or so. Anybody running non ST tires on trailer is asking for blow out (3) bend wheels (4) busted wheels(2)
total of 10 tires on this trailer since I purchased new. What happens in non ST tire when pot hole hit the tire due to lack of side wall support hits wheel and bends or break's, when can not give so axle is bend. Next step is I'm going to see if I can get Dale Jr. pit crew to ride with me to keep rubber on the trailer lo lo lo lo Hopefully other tire mfg will start making a ST 17" so they can be purchased anywhere. Still fishing local only because I live less than 1/4 mile round trip from two great ramps here on LKN  ;):shocking: Hopefully all this will get this matter closed forever ~c~ If not guess I'll have to get with your buddy down in Charleston and get a trailer built with twin 3750 or 5000 lb axles and I will Not have 17" wheels lo lo lo but will have D or E 8 or 10 ply tires ~sun

Getting ready to put new tires on my deck boat trailer they run ST 14" itres, been on it since 1996 lo only used once or twice a year just to load and get gas and clean up. At most it has 2000 miles in 22 years. Praying all repairs to my bass boat trailer will let me get 3 or 4 years before replacing tires. Boat is used 99% local with a few trips to Cherokee and one to LSC

Best advise to any new boat purchasers DO NOT GET 17" WHEELS due to lack of ST tires. Get 14"15" or 16" and you can get trailer tires anywhere and greater load range.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:49:00 AM by Rangerman »

Rangerman

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 08:39:47 AM »

well it's a done deal, I HOPE ~b~ two new axles complete and 5 New ST 17" tires. Kenda is the only mfg that has a 17" ST tire. They are only C or 6 ply rated but they are trailer tires. ~c~ What I think and the trail repair service cause most of the problems other than improper tires was the Torsion Axle's were not indexed or clocked proper. GVWR place has ST215/75R14 and with Ranger upgrade 17" wheels and tires.
GVWR rating of 5000 lb with twin 2500 lb axles.  Good run of thump is 20% safety factor.  It was not there on a Z520C with Hull, motor, 4 batt., 46 gallons of fuel, trolling motor etc. plus weight of trailer. Yes the total weight was under the GVWR but not the extra. When new axles arrived they were indexed or clock. Indexing is how you set angle of torsion arm like the hands of a clock with -6 degree's to + 42 degrees.  My trailer was not set high enough for tires not to rub on the road, and Mickey Mouse tires were the deal. I HOPE lo lo I do know the fenders do set a good bite higher of the fenders now. Hope all this pain and working all this time may short cut some of my other brothers with trailer problems. I do now hold a PhD in Axles, tires, torison axle indexing.   ^-^ ~xyz

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 01:54:21 PM »

good news Boots. (I hope)  Sure hope this is the answer to the problems you have had. 

Rangerman

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 07:47:26 AM »

Me too Brother lo All comes down to axles indexed wrong when built and the dam pass car tires did not help.  Trailer sits a good bit higher over fender wells with mucho clearance inside. Went by the ramp today and check two of the newer Ranger Trails and clearance is same. That the main reason I was having so many problems. All the torsion ends replaced were indexed like the old ones came off all four of them lo on the Starboard side.  Port side never changed.  All four were indexed wrong. Hopefully after 4 years of head aches, 15 tires, and four hubs it's over.  Just call "The PhD in Trailerlogy" lo lo Got a good man here at Norman that is a real Pro on all trailers ~sun Two new axles with torsion arms and five new tires hell it should be fixed ~c~ Now hopefully right many of the Bassers with 17" wheels will contact Goodyear, Carlise  and Kenda and get them to make a ST215/65R17 with a D or 8 ply rating. Kenda does make it in a 6 ply and the only mfg that does but you got to know somebody to get em lo lo
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:51:14 AM by Rangerman »

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »

Wow, I just bet that trailer will feel a lot different when you are running down the road.  Just too bad they put you through all of those hoops.  I bet that u turn you make in the driveway even feels a bit different.

Rangerman

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 07:24:21 AM »

Yes it does tow better the little bit I have done. There is no wobble or sway on the road. Before it had alot of sway which was adding to tire wear.  The pass. car tires with improper side walls was most of it, but the real problem was improper indexed or clocked torsion arms. Won't be long till I start climbing the hill to Cherokee and will be the real check high speed on the interstate. Hate to say it but no real way to check only time will tell. But it's got to be fixed now, everything is new, axles, torison arms, and tires. Even New Air in the tires lo lo

Well the NOT RUBBING FENDERS as alot to do with it.  Axles torsion axles set WRONG! Can not believe Ranger made this mistake and took so long to correct, They F---ed Up Big time!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:56:59 PM by Rangerman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 24 queries.