SJHT MANASQUAN RES. Club Tag Team Results Sat. 07-27-2019

Started by BigNasty06, July 27, 2019, 09:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: Manasquan Res. Howell, NJ
Date: Sat. July 27, 2019
Time: 6:10am-2:10pm
Weather: Warm... 69 Degree start with low humidity.... but then warming up to 93 Degrees with Blue Bird Skies and No Wind to cool us off. 
Water Temps: Varying 83 Degrees.  Rising up 87.5 Degrees  in various sections.
Water Clarity: Less than 2.5'. Somewhat dirty than normal with some Alga Blumes
Wind Gust: 2-5 MPH 
Best Lure:  No Idea
Depths fished: 4'~20'
Limit: 3 Bass at 12"

----------------------------------------------

As Mean Gene Okerlund would say, "We Have a New 2019 SJHT Tag Team Champion". 

Congrats Brian J. McCulley and Janeen Leach on your new Milestones.  I'll go into further details a bit later in how we randomly selected\drew partners for this event.

Can't forget the Hubby in Bill "The Hammer" Leach and his Miscellaneous Victory in hauling in this 5.42lb Muskie.

On an otherwise tough bite, 14 Dedicated SJHT Anglers came out to battle the mighty SQUAN.
Some anglers including myself barely got a bite.  The 2 dinks I caught would barely register compared to the rest of my compadres.  On a day where the 2019 SJHT Club Only Tag Team belts were up for grabs, anglers stayed till the end but ultimately Brian's Bag put him and randomly drawn partner Janeen in the SJHT Tag Team Championship Hall of Fame.  LOL

Alright....  Without further adieu, lets give a big congrats to Brian *SubFish* M. for taking overall 1st place & lunkrt with 3 Bass going 10.53lbs. Brian's Lunker went a nice 3.56lbs.   2nd Place was won by  Andy Trapper with 3 Bass going 5.12lbs. [/b]  3rd Place was won by Rookie newcomer Mick J. 2 Bass going 5.07lbs.   MISCELLENOUS was won by Bill *The Hammer* L. with a nice Muskie tipping the scales at 5.42lbs.

MANASQUAN RES. TALE OF  TAPE:

Brian's  1st Place  & Lunker Bag:

Trappers 2nd Place winner 2 Bass

3rd Place winner Mick J. 2 Bass:

Misc. Winner Bill L. with a 5.42lbs Muskie:

Other Anglers Bags of Bass:

Dan's Keeper:

Carlos 2 Keepers:

Rob's 3 Keepers:

Mike Del M. 2 Keepers:

View's from on the Water and around the weigh station

Dam and spillway area:

Huge Dead Crappie floating in the water:

Summary:  The Squan altjhough tough today...still has some amazing Bass in this fishery.  Bills Muskie.  Brian and Trappers Lunker fish.  and the numerous Smallmouth Bass caught just goes to show that it's still alive.  LOL   

In All, 8 out of 14 SJHT Anglers caught at least 1 Bass.   There were a total of 17 Bass caught overall.  Slightly down from last weeks 22 Bass caught at Mercer Lake.  These Bass gave way to a total of 41.49lbs caught overall.   2 Anglers caught at least there 3 Bass Limit.   The avg. weight came out to be 2.44lbs.  There were a total of 4 Smallies caught and weighed in.

The SQUAN like many other North Jersey bodies of water is under the scrutiny of this Alga Bloom and observation from the state.  They had these at the end of the tournament survey the anglers thoughts along with before and after up keep on washing our boats off from each body of water that we visit.  Quite interesting.  They ask where we had previously fished and where we were planning on fishing next week.   The Ranger still doesn't want anglers fishing near the boat ramp launch or there powered vessel.  Something about fishing line getting caught in there outboard motors or something.  I heard this from a distance.  The Tale of the Tape reflects those who figured them out vs. those still scratching our heads.  LOL.

Great job SJHT anglers.  Brian, Trapper, Mick J. and Bill L.   Can't forget Janeen L. and her new Tag Team Belt.  Damn...can't wait to hear her stories.  Sorry Bill L.

Next up is SALEM CANAL next week.  Good luck to all as I will be M.I.A.

Tightlines,
BN06

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BigNasty06

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on July 27, 2019, 09:19:47 PM
Great pics and thank you for the report also.  ~c~

Thanks smallie stalker.  Has anyone seen or heard grom LippRipper?

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: BigNasty06 on July 28, 2019, 12:44:37 PM
Thanks smallie stalker.  Has anyone seen or heard grom LippRipper?
Still recouping from his extended vacation. He was actually on last night but didn't make any posts. Hope that means he's feeling better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BigNasty06

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on July 28, 2019, 03:44:47 PM
Still recouping from his extended vacation. He was actually on last night but didn't make any posts. Hope that means he's feeling better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.  Yeah...Have not heard or seen him posting lately.  Was getting a little concerned.

BN06

BigNasty06

Quote from: ike8120 on July 28, 2019, 01:43:04 PM
Now I know why I couldn't get a bite yesterday.  lo

Yeah....you and me both.  LOL.  Bass were caught in a combination of both Deep and shallow near the wood.  I only caught dinks in the 8"~11" range.  No Keepers.

I did see a lot of kids with there parents using Shiners and catching them off the points going to the MILF pathways.

BN06