FL Bass Talk (August 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 31, 2019, 09:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Let's keep those discussions going...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FlatsNBay

Birthday trip planned for the morning. Hopefully my boat won't catch on fire like last year's trip! Water is back up. 70% chance of rain predicted.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 01, 2019, 02:28:22 PM
Birthday trip planned for the morning. Hopefully my boat won't catch on fire like last year's trip! Water is back up. 70% chance of rain predicted.

Happy early or belated bday Flats!! Good luck tomorrow, I was looking at the forecast for the rest of the week, and its going to be rainy!!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 01, 2019, 02:28:22 PM

Well, at least if its raining it will be less flammable.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FlatsNBay

That's funny

Capt. BassinLou

We are currently away on a family trip, and took a different approach this time around, and went up into the mountains of N. Carolina. Such beautiful country up here, I for one welcomed the change of temps compared to home.

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 01, 2019, 03:44:02 PM
We are currently away on a family trip, and took a different approach this time around, and went up into the mountains of N. Carolina. Such beautiful country up here, I for one welcomed the change of temps compared to home.

Great Lou, I'm sure the kids must be enjoying that!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on August 01, 2019, 08:37:58 PM

Great Lou, I'm sure the kids must be enjoying that!
Thanks George. We all are!! Lol!!

LgMouthGambler

Thats why its called Gods country. I wanna go back.  :'(

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 02, 2019, 08:46:34 AM
Thats why its called Gods country. I wanna go back.  :'(
Absolutely gorgeous!!

LgMouthGambler

Normally, I would be just getting up. I'm just going to bed after fishing tonight. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 04, 2019, 02:28:20 AM
Normally, I would be just getting up. I'm just going to bed after fishing tonight. Lol.

Lol  lo
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Deadeye

NC is a Favorite of mine and where I would of ended up if the Wife didn't refuse to go when we wer deciding where to move to.

What part are you in Lou?

We will be in Cashiers next week.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on August 05, 2019, 07:13:55 AM
NC is a Favorite of mine and where I would of ended up if the Wife didn't refuse to go when we wer deciding where to move to.

What part are you in Lou?

We will be in Cashiers next week.
We stayed in a town called Bostic. We returned Saturday. Back to normal life. :(

Capt. BassinLou

Oh yeah!! @Flats. This bug tamer vest will solve my mosquitoe issue for sure. Thanks for the suggestion Flats!!

LgMouthGambler

You got to be kidding me. I cant be seen in public with you like this. SMH

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 05, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
You got to be kidding me. I cant be seen in public with you like this. SMH

I don't give s**t how I look, as long as I'm protected from those damn mosquitoes, I'm happy.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 05, 2019, 07:11:19 PM
I don't give s**t how I look, as long as I'm protected from those damn mosquitoes, I'm happy.

They are gonna chew through that chit! Lol

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 05, 2019, 07:17:15 PM
They are gonna chew through that chit! Lol

Nope... not this material. Like Flats explained it's a double meshed vest, the face veil can be stowed, or if need be, quickly deployed and tucked. 

Deadeye

The Original Bug Tamer Suit has been around for many years now. I do not have one, but may look into one.

I know of several guys, including a bunch from South Florida, that use them when hunting the early Bow Season which just started. The actually claim that they hunt with the suit on and their Underwear in an attempt to stay cool and claim it works.

They also claim to use 2-3 Thermocells to help. I have thought of using 2 of them during the early morning and late evening hours. What I have found that does work is a Thermocell and also using a Repellent that is made from Eucalyptus plant. It smells slightly of Lemon and it works. Does not use DEET. 

I find that repellant in the Sporting Goods Repellants section of Wal Mart. In the Camping area normally.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on August 06, 2019, 08:08:50 AM
The Original Bug Tamer Suit has been around for many years now. I do not have one, but may look into one.

I know of several guys, including a bunch from South Florida, that use them when hunting the early Bow Season which just started. The actually claim that they hunt with the suit on and their Underwear in an attempt to stay cool and claim it works.

They also claim to use 2-3 Thermocells to help. I have thought of using 2 of them during the early morning and late evening hours. What I have found that does work is a Thermocell and also using a Repellent that is made from Eucalyptus plant. It smells slightly of Lemon and it works. Does not use DEET. 

I find that repellant in the Sporting Goods Repellants section of Wal Mart. In the Camping area normally.

Appreciate the input Fred. I have quite the list of stuff I need to break in August, and this Bug Tamer Top is going to be one them towards the end of the month. As far as the therma-cell, maybe a 2nd one will help, I know in my last 3 trips, with 0 to low wind conditions, those mosquitoes out in the glades still laughed at me. I know for a fact with this bug tamer top, the skeeters have met their match. The only piece of skin exposed now will be my fingers, and believe it or not, those skeeters will focus on that too. Tough to scratch your finger tip.  lo

LgMouthGambler

I bought a netting on ebay for $8. Just slips over the head/hat, and covers the head and neck. Ill tuck it into my shirt. Still will put the Buffs on, as well as my 2 shirts. Lets see how it works out. You going out this weekend Lou?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 06, 2019, 10:00:24 AM
I bought a netting on ebay for $8. Just slips over the head/hat, and covers the head and neck. Ill tuck it into my shirt. Still will put the Buffs on, as well as my 2 shirts. Lets see how it works out. You going out this weekend Lou?
No... :( I wish!! The Mrs. Made plans for this weekend.

LgMouthGambler

We are taking the boy to Monster Jam Saturday night, so hopefully Sunday morning is clear so I can get out for a bit.