FL Bass Talk (August 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 31, 2019, 09:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 05, 2019, 06:31:13 PM
Oh yeah!! @Flats. This bug tamer vest will solve my mosquitoe issue for sure. Thanks for the suggestion Flats!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Great! I know that you'll enjoy it. I do recommend wearing a ball cap under the hood to keep the single section of the mesh that you look through away from your skin. That's the only part of the suit that they can bite through. Congrats again on all the new toys!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 06, 2019, 03:33:27 PM
Great! I know that you'll enjoy it. I do recommend wearing a ball cap under the hood to keep the single section of the mesh that you look through away from your skin. That's the only part of the suit that they can bite through. Congrats again on all the new toys!

Thanks Flats, yes I agree on the ball cap, I always wear one day or night when fishing. This was my weak attempt in modelling.  lo lo lo

BarryFL

~Barry~

big g

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 06, 2019, 03:33:27 PM

Florida skunk ape may find that very attractive! ~roflmao

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Well, I got that skeeter net thing in. I guess we will have to see if its actually gonna work.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2019, 02:26:18 PM
Well, I got that skeeter net thing in. I guess we will have to see if its actually gonna work.  lo
You got one?? I thought you were immune of skeeters??

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 13, 2019, 02:34:42 PM
You got one?? I thought you were immune of skeeters??

Well, since my skeeter repellent got himself a skeeter suit, I'm gonna have to put my guard up. Lol

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2019, 04:24:19 PM
Well, since my skeeter repellent got himself a skeeter suit, I'm gonna have to put my guard up. Lol

lo lo ... now that's funny...  ~c~

FlatsNBay

I went out on the Harris Chain to get some pics for an article that I'm working on. We found a few on square bills, big worms and pitching. Water was ripping in the canals. It was slow.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 13, 2019, 05:15:04 PM
I went out on the Harris Chain to get some pics for an article that I'm working on. We found a few on square bills, big worms and pitching. Water was ripping in the canals. It was slow.

They were moving a lot of water?

<")))>{

FlatsNBay

Yes they were moving a lot of water.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 13, 2019, 06:49:04 PM
Yes they were moving a lot of water.

Man, they moving it everywhere. Hopefully it helps to flush some stuff out.

Capt. BassinLou

Yep... its pouring down rain...... AGAIN!! Finding fish is going to be fun.... NOT!!  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 14, 2019, 12:49:30 PM
Yep... its pouring down rain...... AGAIN!! Finding fish is going to be fun.... NOT!!  lo

The challenge, thats the fun.  ::)

LgMouthGambler

Replaced the trailer bunks today. Just used 2 2ft 2x4s, and didnt bother carpeting them this time. Took me all of 20 minutes since I was able to take my rope and raise the back of the boat off the trailer using the lift at work. Should be good just in case I get a bug up my but and decide to go out after work for the full moon next week.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 14, 2019, 03:55:10 PM
Replaced the trailer bunks today. Just used 2 2ft 2x4s, and didnt bother carpeting them this time. Took me all of 20 minutes since I was able to take my rope and raise the back of the boat off the trailer using the lift at work. Should be good just in case I get a bug up my but and decide to go out after work for the full moon next week.
You fishing 2 times next week?? Wow!!

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 14, 2019, 04:34:58 PM
You fishing 2 times next week?? Wow!!

He must be sick. lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on August 14, 2019, 05:07:53 PM
He must be sick. lo
Effed up is more like it. Lol

Capt. BassinLou

Can't be too careful... wheel locks installed

LgMouthGambler

Thats what you do when you live in the hood.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 15, 2019, 09:02:42 AM
Thats what you do when you live in the hood.  lo
Yes South Florida's my hood lol!!

LgMouthGambler

Fixed the other problem from Sunday, the trolling motor handle. It came all the way out on me while on the water. So, I took the top apart, pulled the stop ring out, slid it over the handle shaft, wrapped duct tape around the inner end of the handle shaft so it stops the handle from going through the ring at the end. Who says you cant fix everything with duct tape. I know one thing is for sure, that handle aint gonna slide out on me again.  lo

Since the full moon is upon us, and wife is going out of town tomorrow, I may get a bug up my butt and slide the boat out for a few hours after work.

Capt. BassinLou

Oh yeah!! Arrvied just in time!!

LgMouthGambler

Great, not only are you gonna have a faster boat, but you are gonna be staring at your phone as well.  ~roflmao