Trick Step

Started by Rangerman, August 03, 2019, 07:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

I ordered a Trick Step on Wednesday and received in yesterday. I took me about 15 minutes to install by myself.  Would have been 5 minutes with another set of hands lo. Guys really impressed at how well they are made and ease of use. Go to utube and check out Trick Step think it is a great addition to any boat. Order set make for your boat and model.

Donald Garner

Rangerman I was looking at one of these (Not this brand) at the BPS the other day.  They had some mounted on their display boats.  This will be something to put on my shopping list.   I just need to find one that will fit my Stratos.

Tks for sharing this with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Here are three pictures of Rangerman's Install on his Ranger Trail Trailer with Z520C Boat

I am sure he can answer any questions you may have about his installation

big g

It looks great,  a lot better then jumping down on a sloppy ramp.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Rangerman

I been looking for sometime now. Some of the local tackle shops have some diff. brands done local. Looked at the BPS brand. In my opinion the Trick Step is better made by far, a easy install. They were a little higher priced but you get what you pay for ;D What made me pull the trigger was I like to fell and broke my neck last week getting out to hook the boat at the ramp. Heck $489.00 plus fgt cheaper than a broke neck and dented Suburban tail gate lo lo I feel sure they have a set that will bolt up or they custom make for boats.  They will know which set will work for Stratas for it ;) Hardest part is getting the Trick Step unpacked. Ding Dong son it is packed so nothing can get damaged. I don't think that would have been possible even it they were shipped in a paper bag lo they are well made.

Smallie_Stalker

That looks really good. If I ever get another boat it would be an absolute necessity for me. Thanks for sharing the information and the pictures.  ~beer~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bud Kennedy

Boots, after looking at the pictures, I don't think you will have any problems making that u turn in your driveway.  Let me know how it does.

Lipripper

Looks great and I'm trying to talk my friend John to get some for his Bass Tracker.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Rangerman

Guys look at U Tube install makes it so much easier. Almost Stupid Proof lo Bud will most surely check the hard right 360 turn in my drive.  May have to retrain myself to do a left turn back in lo.  From my measurement it will work and have fishing buddy use upper drive so I won't have to turn so tight. I can not get over how well made the Trick Step is made. Next project is to reinstall the Blue LED's that were taken out by all the blow outs, broke wheels due to wrong indexed axles :shocking: :shocking:

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for sharing that information, I'm looking at that exact step, but I will have to wait to order it for Xmas though when I get the funds for it. Looks great!!

BarryFL

I just recently put this step on my new boat trailer. Much easier to step in/off when loading/unloading and much cheaper that other solutions. I used marine ubolts instead of the plate. Can post a picture, if desired.

MaxxHaul  70089 Steel Trailer Step https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CE0TNE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_980rDbM5C4T1R

~Barry~

~Barry~

Rangerman

Be careful on hard right turns till you get used to it.  I have to do and 360 u turn in my drive to back into the boat room and have been doing it to the Right.  It is a little too tight to the right, so having to Re Train to do it to the left. lo lo lo After 20 plus years of hard right's having to retrain self lo lo