Which Daiwa??

Started by Bankbeater56, August 05, 2019, 10:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bankbeater56

Hey there, I have a question which I know will be subjective in nature but really could use some guidance. I have a little money to spend and was looking to get a new reel. I'm lucky if I get out to fish once a month if that. I don't own a boat but maybe a kayak in the distant future.

Anyway, I have a Tatula CT Type R and am thinking of 1 of 3 additions. A Tatula CT. AFUEGO CT, or a TATULA SV. I use all kinds of soft plastics, crankbaits, frogs. The fact that I'm only out once a month and shore bound, would I be wasting my money going the SV route?
I told this was going to be subjective. I don't want to waste any of the limited resources that I have.

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Since you have the type -R I would go with the Tat svtw.

Here is why.

You have a reel for long casts now.

The svtw is going to give you control on windy days and lighter baits.

Plus it is just that much better. IMO

Watch for a sale and it can be had for $130 or even less.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

caddyjoe77

Get the Sv. You'll never go back
BeerMe

Bankbeater56

Ok, bare with me as I'm new to this topic. I'm gathering from reading a couple different threads on here that the purpose of going with a sv type reel is to be able to throw lighter baits. Correct? If so couldn't I save some money and buy a Fuego CT or Tatula CT and put in a DIY spool? Is that even a viable option or am I spending more in the long run??
Thanks

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bankbeater56 on August 05, 2019, 12:17:37 PM
Ok, bare with me as I'm new to this topic. I'm gathering from reading a couple different threads on here that the purpose of going with a sv type reel is to be able to throw lighter baits. Correct? If so couldn't I save some money and buy a Fuego CT or Tatula CT and put in a DIY spool? Is that even a viable option or am I spending more in the long run??
Thanks

I don't know if this will help or not but I just bought a Fuego CT and asked this exact same question. I was told you can't put a SV spool in the Fuego CT due to the difference in the diameter of the two spools.

If it were me, I would buy the SV like Zippy and Joe said, but that's just my $.02.

Good luck and please keep us posted on what you decided.  :)

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bankbeater56 on August 05, 2019, 12:17:37 PM
Thanks

Daiwas SV spool, and a DIY spool are 2 different animals. Yes, both will cast lighter baits, and the DIY due to its shallow design. But, the SV spool is more "controlled". Get the SV
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bankbeater56

Thanks for the input guys. I just ordered an SV TW 6:3:1 left hand retrieve for 165.00 off the bay

Angus

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 05, 2019, 12:14:14 PM
Get the Sv. You'll never go back

Agree.  I have all three.  I wish I had more SVs. 
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.