Frog mods

Started by zippyduck, August 11, 2019, 01:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

What are some of your frog modifications?

I cut the tails real short for heavy weeds. I cut one tail shorter than the other to make them walk easier.

I also bend the hooks up and out for easier hook sets.

Rattles and weights are added from time to time.

Tail sections and other holes are sealed with caulking.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

coldfront

I'm probably the only guy who fishes them 'stock' out of package.

spros and live target.  don't need to cut  one leg shorter as I have no problem walking them 'as is'

sometimes wonder:  do we get so caught up in what every one 'says' needs to be done and 'do it' before we ever really determine there's a 'need' for it?

Capt. BassinLou

Basically not much. I fish Spro's right out of the box and when I used to fish Live Targets almost the same thing, only difference was I trimmed an inch off both skirts. That's it. Simple.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

My choice of a hb frog is Pro Z.  Introduced to the product at Guntersville a number of years ago and have not changed.  I have trimmed the legs from time to time but usually use them right out of the box.  One of the best features of this bait is they are so well sealed that getting them full of water is unusual.  They also can be purchased with an Internal rattle system that seems to do the job quite well.  The hooks are very good and I have never considered bending them for better hook ups as they seem to do just fine the way the come.  I too have used the spro frogs and like them as well.