Where to go??

Started by Capt. BassinLou, August 11, 2019, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

For my maiden voyage that is. I know that I need to become familiarized with the new boat, and I have to begin the break in process, but... I also want to get some fishing done.. :) This high water is going to make it tough. Expanding to new fishing areas is my goal, just don't want to be forced into it until the boat is broken in. Decisions... decisions...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WTodd

First world problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2019, 09:46:14 AM
First world problems

Yeah.... lol

Playing around with new boat is fun and exciting... but... I need to catch a few in order stay in the pack with you boys in the FLBR.

WTodd

And you can't really get used to it until you're actually using in real world situations like catching some fish or at least hunting them down

coldfront

one thing at a time.  breaking in an outboard is important.  and can feel a lot tedious.
fiish early or late, break in during lower percentage bite 'windows'?

but Todd nailed it:  tough problem.  sux to be you!
lo

FLO GROWN

Lox miles and miles of water to break in motor and fish west canal where it leads to the flats always holds fish

"Tight lines"

big g

Lou I broke mine in at Holiday on the big 67, on a weekday. 
Ran from Holiday all the way to 41 and turned around and ran back to Holiday.  At the RPM your going it doesn't burn that much gas, and you can get familiar with all the cuts in the Tree Pines area.  Lots of nice bass at the cuts and fresh water springs in the main canal to keep the water temp down.  33 miles round trip, nice wide canal.  After that run I still had 15 hours of break in to go.  Took what seems like forever before I was able to run wide open.  Good luck! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on August 11, 2019, 12:43:00 PM
Lou I broke mine in at Holiday on the big 67, on a weekday. 
Ran from Holiday all the way to 41 and turned around and ran back to Holiday.  At the RPM your going it doesn't burn that much gas, and you can get familiar with all the cuts in the Tree Pines area.  Lots of nice bass at the cuts and fresh water springs in the main canal to keep the water temp down.  33 miles round trip, nice wide canal.  After that run I still had 15 hours of break in to go.  Took what seems like forever before I was able to run wide open.  Good luck! ~c~
Thanks George.

Deadeye

Really you can go anywhere you want to.

The Glades appear to have long sections of water in the canals and running them way past where you normally turn around might just give you some new fishing waters.

Other than that find the closest lake to you and go have fun. Run the  motor for a while then stop and fish for an hour or so then run some more.

If you got the Mercury Smart Craft, or whatever version they now have, you will be able to tell the actual Motor Hours VS your Hours.

WTodd

The main problem breaking it in this time of year is afternoon storms; I know I broke mine in last August

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: WTodd on August 12, 2019, 02:48:56 PM
The main problem breaking it in this time of year is afternoon storms; I know I broke mine in last August

This is really why I'm asking. Our weather lately starts off great in the a.m and all hell breaks loose in the afternoon. I need to start early in the morning, and keep an eye out and avoid being too far away when those storms begin to form.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on August 12, 2019, 07:31:02 AM

If you got the Mercury Smart Craft, or whatever version they now have, you will be able to tell the actual Motor Hours VS your Hours.

Ordered the Mercury Vessel View Mobile Kit yesterday. This tool will provide me with piece of mind on how how my outboard is performing plus alert me when important maintenance hours have been reached.

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 13, 2019, 06:39:58 AM
Ordered the Mercury Vessel View Mobile Kit yesterday. This tool will provide me with piece of mind on how how my outboard is performing plus alert me when important maintenance hours have been reached.

Sweet.

I have the SmartCraft and use it all the time. I keep mine on Engine Temp, but often check while running things like WP to know that my water pump is still doing it's job.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2019, 09:28:35 AM
First stop....35? lo
Maybe... I haven't decided yet

Lee Smith

I gots a riva er' two ya can broke it on..... ~beer~  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 13, 2019, 09:31:17 AM
Maybe... I haven't decided yet

We going on the 24th, you planning on launching before that?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2019, 11:10:30 AM
We going on the 24th, you planning on launching before that?
Yes, this wknd. Our 24th trip I consider a short running trip. This wknd I'm taking a long run.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 13, 2019, 11:12:18 AM
Yes, this wknd. Our 24th trip I consider a short running trip. This wknd I'm taking a long run.

Good. Get most of that break in stuff out the way. I wanna be able to do at least 30mph on the 24th. Make it happen, or there will be hell to pay. Smooches.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2019, 11:50:53 AM
Good. Get most of that break in stuff out the way. I wanna be able to do at least 30mph on the 24th. Make it happen, or there will be hell to pay. Smooches.

Lmao....

uh..huh.

big g

At this rate it will take years! ~roflmao
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Lipripper

~roflmao ~roflmao
Lou how many hours is considered to be broken in.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on August 13, 2019, 01:05:36 PM
~roflmao ~roflmao
Lou how many hours is considered to be broken in.  lo lo
10hrs

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 13, 2019, 01:15:59 PM
10hrs

Not a shot in hell you could put up with me for 10 hrs on a boat, you better get to work. Hell, Guntersville is gonna seem like a lifetime.  ~roflmao

WTodd

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 13, 2019, 01:15:59 PM
10hrs

When I broke mine in it was only 2 hours and it took me 3 days