Say What ?

Started by Bud Kennedy, August 14, 2019, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I got a phone call this evening from a realtor.  Our next door neighbor passed away about a month or so ago and they have just put her house on the market.  The realtor wanted to know if I was going to park the boat in my driveway.  I advised her that I probably would next week and every other week for a few days at a time. 

She claims that the boat creates some negative impact to the curb appeal of the house for sale and she would appreciate it if I would not park it here until after the house next door sells.  I have now advised her that I would continue to park the boat in my driveway when ever I wanted and I really don't care what she thinks or what potential buyers might think.  So, I guess now I am probably a bad guy in her eyes.  Ya know what, I don't care.  I could not believe she even called me with a request like that.

chadyp

Hell that would make the property more valuable in my mind. Knowing my neighbor was a fisherman and had a boat.

Jacobguy

If your fortunate enough to have a boat it probably means you make a decent living and aren't going to cause any future problems, I'm with Chady in my eyes it would go up. Nobody can tell you what to do with your property. Bring it on

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

And in a roundabout way that there sums up my problems with most folks in this world.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

fishandkamp

That realtor was only interested in ONE THING. Her commission!!!  I would have politely explained where the short pier was to take the long walk off of!!!

Cuervo Jones

I would have told her the same. My boat, my driveway, my business. Pretty damned presumptuous of her to try to tell you what to do with your own property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quit reading this and go fishing!

zippyduck

That is why I live in the country. My neighbors and us all have motorcycles, boats, trailers, and other miscellaneous toys in their yards and driveways.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

FD

Quote from: zippyduck on August 15, 2019, 02:05:22 AM
That is why I live in the country. My neighbors and us all have motorcycles, boats, trailers, and other miscellaneous toys in their yards and driveways.

Amen!

That's why I bought a house in a Redneck, pickup truck driving, boat owning, beer drinking, gun toatin, hell raising neighborhood!

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacia est
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Oldfart9999

You should have told her to brush up on her sales ability, that boat adds a lot of class to the neighborhood. It's why I would never live in an HOA neighborhood, couldn't handle the constant complaints.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteveTX

Got to love the audacity of some people. The sad part is city council folks (like her) here feel they have superior knowledge and should dictate everything about your property. Similar to a HOA from what I read and hear. All done under the guise of "this is good". All the while robbing the individual of their freedom.

Hard to bitch though, we as a society have let these few believe they should run the masses.

Bud Kennedy

It was a bit strange and had nothing to do with the HOA.  I have known this realtor for over 25 years and I guess she felt I would cooperate with her request.  Now she know she was wrong.  Our home is one of the best kept properties in this entire development.  It just happens to have a boat sitting in the driveway a couple days a week.   v~

LgMouthGambler

Wow. I mean, shes got balls for asking thats for sure. I would have said "sure, if you would like to pay my mortgage and HOA fees for the month, I would be happy to help you out". Im sure there would have been a dial tone after that.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Wizard

Ask her if she is willing to pay for your boat storage out of her commission?

Wizard

Smallie_Stalker

I've heard some horror stories about these kinds of issues in gated communities. My wife's sister almost lost her home for parking her camper on her property in a gated community up in New Hampshire. She ended up having to sell the camper.  :P 

I hope it all works out in your favor Bud.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bud Kennedy

Jim, no problems here.  Our HOA Rules allow me to have a boat here for 14 days before I have to move it.  So I only keep it here a few days at a time so this is not an issue as for as being able to have it here.  Campers have a similar rule but I think it is 7 days for a camper.  If the boat is in the garage then it can stay forever but unfortunately my small garage won't handle the boat unless I put it in a bit sideways and the Wife's care would have to sit outside and that ain't gonna happen.

D.W. Verts

I think you should give her the chance to pay for an away trip for you AND your rig...

I live in the woods. I try to keep the place looking presentable too, BUT, I've had my share of boats (tractors, brush hogs, etc.) set around over the years. Just like everyone else around here.

Angus

You should have pointed out to that realtor (and you should point this out to anyone that you talk to ABOUT that realtor) that she asked you to create a false impression of the neighborhood and value of the home she is selling just to sell it.  What does that tell you about how much she cares about the people she is "helping"?  She is going around the neighborhood asking people to temporarily change the way they live their lives to give a false impression.  I hope she goes broke. 
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

coldfront

Quote from: fishandkamp on August 15, 2019, 12:23:00 AM
That realtor was only interested in ONE THING. Her commission!!!  I would have politely explained where the short pier was to take the long walk off of!!!

oh you guys!  anyone else wondering just how much of her comission she'd part with for the boat to 'be elsewhere' for a while?

while I don't know as I'd take the money, I think I'd sure have fun asking the question.

(See Dale, I'm 'one of THOSE guys!)

plus now I'm th inking:  why can my dog pee anywhere she wanted, but I can't pee in my own backyard?

D.W. Verts

I pee in my backyard. Front yard too. It's one of the perks.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Angus on August 15, 2019, 07:16:20 PM
You should have pointed out to that realtor (and you should point this out to anyone that you talk to ABOUT that realtor) that she asked you to create a false impression of the neighborhood and value of the home she is selling just to sell it.  What does that tell you about how much she cares about the people she is "helping"?  She is going around the neighborhood asking people to temporarily change the way they live their lives to give a false impression.  I hope she goes broke.
Think "Funny Farm". Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.