School me on drop shot

Started by apiazza, August 21, 2019, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apiazza

Quote from: zippyduck on August 23, 2019, 09:33:41 AM
I'm serious. Come to my camp and have a blast with brown bass.
Count me in. I'll try to refine some skills this fall and winter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

If you want to watch good videos on drop shot google Aaron Martin drop shot videos or Brent Super videos.
Rodney

Sent from my DL1016 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Oldfart9999

Brent Ehler not Brent Super, stupid autocorrect is dumb, stupid and moronic.

Sent from my DL1016 using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

I'll add a couple of my suggestions for baits. I've had great success with very tiny flukes. Just match the hatch and pick a color that matches the forage in the lake. The tiny flukes are very cheap. I've also done well on Robo Worms, centepede type worms, small worms like a Zoom Meathead and small Senko style worms. Really sky is the limit!

One other suggestion is don't limit drop shots to just boats. I love fishing drop shots from the bank. I tend to favor a drop shots in very clear water because it's such a visual type of bait.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

I think that speaks more to the general shape that works instead of a specific bait. A long thin shape rather than a squat fat one.
Rodney

apiazza

I went ahead and setup one of my old spinners for drop shot. I put new line on it, because it needed it, and bought some proper hooks and drop shot weights. I have plenty of plastics around. next time i am at that spot i will give it a whirl. Hopefully later this week.

Oldfart9999

Good deal, let us know how you make out. Don't forget to experiment with other areas.
Rodney

D.W. Verts

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 24, 2019, 06:57:54 AM
I'll add a couple of my suggestions for baits. I've had great success with very tiny flukes. Just match the hatch and pick a color that matches the forage in the lake. The tiny flukes are very cheap. I've also done well on Robo Worms, centepede type worms, small worms like a Zoom Meathead and small Senko style worms. Really sky is the limit!

One other suggestion is don't limit drop shots to just boats. I love fishing drop shots from the bank. I tend to favor a drop shots in very clear water because it's such a visual type of bait.

Dadgummit , man...

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

toddallen

Ice Cold Peanuts

I'm trying to get into drop shotting. Bought a med light 7'2" JDM Nanoace rod using 10 lb bass pro hyper braid with a 6 lb floro leader, a #2 hook that is amazingly sturdy and a 5" morning dawn Robo worm rigged Gilley style (thank you A Aron Martens). Caught a 2 lb plus largemouth at a local lake. We don't see fish schooling in deeper water around here so I've never been able to sit over them and fire up a school. I've been casting the rig. 
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?