FLBR BS Room (Sept 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, September 01, 2019, 07:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

You know the rules... play nice.  lo lo

Deadeye

Well I decided to re-open my Lawn Care and Whatnot Business, since no one wants to hire a guys with Back issues.

Picked up another Lawn beside the first one (daughters) and my neighbor asked me to do a Landscape tear-out and re-do this week. Got it done and had to dig out 5-6 stumps that had been cut off and left by the previous owner. Glad I had the Quad with the Winch, really needed it for a couple of them.

Made some good money but now I'm paying for it. Add the Pressure and Rain from the Hurricane and my low back is screaming right now. I couldn't fish right now if I tried. Having enough trouble walking and rising from seated position.

At least I don't have another Landscape Job lined up for this week so it should give me a bit of a rest.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on September 01, 2019, 09:00:23 AM
Well I decided to re-open my Lawn Care and Whatnot Business, since no one wants to hire a guys with Back issues.

Picked up another Lawn beside the first one (daughters) and my neighbor asked me to do a Landscape tear-out and re-do this week. Got it done and had to dig out 5-6 stumps that had been cut off and left by the previous owner. Glad I had the Quad with the Winch, really needed it for a couple of them.

Made some good money but now I'm paying for it. Add the Pressure and Rain from the Hurricane and my low back is screaming right now. I couldn't fish right now if I tried. Having enough trouble walking and rising from seated position.

At least I don't have another Landscape Job lined up for this week so it should give me a bit of a rest.
I understand you need to make $$,, but is this line of work safe for you considering your serious orthopedic issues Fred? Landscape work can be physically demanding at times, one wrong pull or lift, and you can be permanently disabled my friend. Just think about if it's really worth it.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 01, 2019, 09:23:32 AM
I understand you need to make $$,, but is this line of work safe for you considering your serious orthopedic issues Fred? Landscape work can be physically demanding at times, one wrong pull or lift, and you can be permanently disabled my friend. Just think about if it's really worth it.
I second this motion. Fred just be careful doing this kind of work.  With that being said here ya go Lou you need this since this is the BS thread.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you Jerry!! The BS thread is not the same without the B.S. flags  lo ~c~ ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

Now that the Hurricane has moved past us, (and hopefully spares our UB brethren North of us) who's fishing this wknd?

My Lake O adventures begin this wknd. Looking forward to experiencing how the new boat handles bigger water. Good practice for fishing the Classic.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 05, 2019, 09:23:42 AM
Now that the Hurricane has moved past us, (and hopefully spares our UB brethren North of us) who's fishing this wknd?

My Lake O adventures begin this wknd. Looking forward to experiencing how the new boat handles bigger water. Good practice for fishing the Classic.
Have a good outing this weekend Lou and hope you can find and catch some nice fish.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on September 05, 2019, 03:21:25 PM
Have a good outing this weekend Lou and hope you can find and catch some nice fish.
.. thanks Lip

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 05, 2019, 09:23:42 AM

Check the water levels Lou, the Corp may have lowered the lake anticipating the storm. Also find the clean water and you should have a great day. ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

BarryFL

Of course, I'll be out there. Lots of room to cull my current bag. Going to be miserably hot.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on September 05, 2019, 08:07:51 PM

Check the water levels Lou, the Corp may have lowered the lake anticipating the storm. Also find the clean water and you should have a great day. ~c~
Lake is currently at 13.97. High enough to run to all my fishing spots. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

All set for Okeechobee, looking forward in seeing how the new rig handles the lake. Better electronics, a PP, a brute of a TM,  and for the first time ever... all of my rods!!   :o ~c~ Should be fun!!

BarryFL

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 06, 2019, 05:19:59 PM
All set for Okeechobee, looking forward in seeing how the new rig handles the lake. Better electronics, a PP, a brute of a TM,  and for the first time ever... all of my rods!!   :o ~c~ Should be fun!!
Sounds like all you're missing is fish. Good luck.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BarryFL on September 06, 2019, 05:25:17 PM
Sounds like all you're missing is fish. Good luck.

~Barry~
... I got to get there first...

big g

Good luck Lou.  Find the clean water, or use the big thumper search baits.  You can cover a lot of water with that new ride.  Don't forget extra water.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on September 06, 2019, 10:39:08 PM
Good luck Lou.  Find the clean water, or use the big thumper search baits.  You can cover a lot of water with that new ride.  Don't forget extra water.
Thank you sir, will do.

FD

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 05, 2019, 08:25:45 PM
Lake is currently at 13.97. High enough to run to all my fishing spots. ;)

Yea, you've got all my water. SWFWMD pulled the plug and dropped the water over a foot in the last week.

Good luck in the new ride.

And stay hydrated. We've had heat advisories for the last few days.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacia est
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Lipripper

Good luck out there today Lou and by now you should have caught several fish.  ;D

Capt. BassinLou

Survived a brutal outing with Flogrown. I'm exhausted and will post up a full report tomorrow morning. It wasn't all that bad...

Lipripper

Looks like Frog was on the menu.   ;D Will be looking for your full report in the morning. ~c~

FD

The little ones were biting yesterday afternoon.  Caught 6 dinks and a mud fish in about two hours fighting whitecaps and a 20 mph gale. Finally I gave up.

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on September 14, 2019, 04:55:20 AM
The little ones were biting yesterday afternoon.  Caught 6 dinks and a mud fish in about two hours fighting whitecaps and a 20 mph gale. Finally I gave up.

Fortunately you were catching something in those conditions.  ~beer~

BarryFL

Walt and I fished Tarpon yesterday. I caught a couple little ones ripping a rattletrap through hydrilla but they're not quite ready for a fall pattern.

Really nice vegetation but some of the pad fields looked like FWC may have made a visit.

Also caught two 10in bull bluegill doing same.

Walt will be mad at me but he earned a Lip certificate.

~Barry~
~Barry~

Lipripper

Quote from: BarryFL on September 15, 2019, 02:14:21 PM
Walt and I fished Tarpon yesterday. I caught a couple little ones ripping a rattletrap through hydrilla but they're not quite ready for a fall pattern.

Really nice vegetation but some of the pad fields looked like FWC may have made a visit.

Also caught two 10in bull bluegill doing same.

Walt will be mad at me but he earned a Lip certificate.

~Barry~
I got him Barry. lo lo