Citirado part 2 (i series edition)

Started by LgMouthGambler, September 02, 2019, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

I did a Citirado build utilizing E series parts, and now, coming soon...

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Smallie_Stalker

Okay, so I gotta ask. What in the world is a Citirado?  I'm guessing maybe a Citica Curado hybrid?

Parts from here, parts from there to bring a new creation to life...............you're gonna have to change your screen name to Dr. Frankenstein.  lo  ~beer~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on September 02, 2019, 12:58:24 PM
Okay, so I gotta ask. What in the world is a Citirado?  I'm guessing maybe a Citica Curado hybrid?

Parts from here, parts from there to bring a new creation to life...............you're gonna have to change your screen name to Dr. Frankenstein.  lo  ~beer~
Exactly. Since they are nearly identical internally, its gonna be the Curado frame and parts, Citica sideplates, add a levelwind bearing, Curado handle with a few other combinations to bring them together coloration wise.

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

Should be cool, but man I couldn't treat and E model that way. It's my favorite since they started "updating" every year...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 02, 2019, 01:50:41 PM
Should be cool, but man I couldn't treat and E model that way. It's my favorite since they started "updating" every year...
Mine too. Kinda, would like a i  build with E brakes....hmmmmm

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Nothing like a good Franken feel.
Rodney

Sent from my DL1016 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

The other half is here.

zippyduck

So what happens with the other parts. Is there going to be an ugly brother?
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zippyduck on September 05, 2019, 04:19:17 PM
So what happens with the other parts. Is there going to be an ugly brother?
No. Lol. But, I'm not gonna lie, you made me consider it. Lol.

LgMouthGambler

Getting messy here...

LgMouthGambler

Levelwind bushing upgraded to a bearing.

LgMouthGambler

Shimmed the driveshaft to tighten it up.

LgMouthGambler

I think it looks waaaaay better with the gunmetal sideplates. And some would kill to have gold accents, and here they are available factory.

LgMouthGambler

So here it is. 2 HawgTech spool bearings, levelwind bearing upgrade, 2 bearings per knob. Brings it to 9 bearings plus 1 roller clutch bearing. Tightened up, it's a solid feel, and very connected feeling. Especially with braid.

caddyjoe77

looks awesome!  any chance of finding a grey carbon fiber handle? 
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on September 05, 2019, 09:23:30 PM
looks awesome!  any chance of finding a grey carbon fiber handle?
They are out there for Shimanos, but bring big dollars. I will eventually get a gold cast control cap and drag star.

zippyduck

That looks sharp! It should work well in the grass.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

Ok. Few parts showed up. Levelwind cap, and drag star. Now I'm waiting on the cast control cap. That I couldn't source from Japan, it had to come from China or Taiwan, I cant remember. Lol.

LgMouthGambler

Finally got the cast control cap on today. Got to use the reel a bit today as well. It's working just fine, and was launching frogs and swimbaits.