Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daiwa SVTW after two years  (Read 189 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Daiwa SVTW after two years
« on: September 08, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »

I switched my reel use to Daiwa TAT SVTW103 series in the late spring of 2017.  I now am on my third year with these reels that all have been serviced one time by Mike Cork. 

As it turns out this series of reels have been a blessing for my personal performance and have eliminated all of the backlash problems I was experiencing with my Lews reels.  Cast control including distance have been exceptional no mater what presentation style I am executing.  If I have any issues it would be that I am not a big fan of the T Wing but have not really experienced any issues.  I just note that the line may not always fall into the slot on the t wing.   The other thing would be that on the 8 speed reels (XS model) they perform well but just don't feel as solid as the (HS or the H) models.  Once again the reels will be sent down to Mike over the winter months for routine service but at this time I have no problems to report just will be requesting routine cleaning and inspection.

Like many I would love to have a few SV103s but those are very hard to find let alone affordable.  I will however keep looking.  I would like to have a bit more line capacity and eliminate the T Wing.  I am an absolute believer in the SV spool and could not imagine even thinking about anything else.  I hope mine last forever.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:43:12 AM by Bud Kennedy »

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
Re: Daiwa SVTW after two years
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 08:40:38 PM »

I switched my reel use to Daiwa TAT SVTW103 series in the late spring of 2017.  I now am now in my third year with these reels that all have been serviced one time by Mike Cork. 

As it turns out this series of reels have been a blessing for my personal performance and have eliminated all of the backlash problems I was experiencing with my Lews reels.  Cast control including distance have been exceptional no mater what presentation style I am executing.  If I have any issues it would be that I am not a big fan of the T Wing but have not really experienced any issues.  I just note that the line may not always fall into the slot on the t wing.   The other thing would be that on the 8 speed reels (XS model) they perform well but just don't feel as solid as the (HS or the H) models.  Once again the reels will be sent down to Mike over the winter months for routine service but at this time I have no problems to report just will be requesting routine cleaning and inspection.

Like many I would love to have a few SV103s but those are very hard to find let alone affordable.  I will however keep looking.  I would like to have a bit more line capacity and eliminate the T Wing.  I am an absolute believer in the SV spool and could not imagine even thinking about anything else.  I hope mine last forever.
You can get the Zillion SV TW for what you can get the SV103 for. I know you said try one without the T Wing, but if you like it, then the Zillion is all the same feel, with an SV spool. It's got more line capacity.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

• Let's Go Fishin!!
  • Life Member
  • Working too much, more fishing time needed!!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 09:51:39 PM »

its exactly why i hoarded as many SV103's as I could when they were dumped.

I do have one of the zillion sv's, and like Matt said, its a good one too. 
BeerMe

BarryFL

• Charter Member
  • Roll Tide!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 09:30:23 AM »

its exactly why i hoarded as many SV103's as I could when they were dumped.

I've been looking for a lefty SV103 for a couple of months. None to be found so I settled for Zillion SV TWS. I prefer the non-TWS line guide on the SV103 for throwing squarebills on flouro.
~Barry~

caddyjoe77

• Let's Go Fishin!!
  • Life Member
  • Working too much, more fishing time needed!!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »

I've been looking for a lefty SV103 for a couple of months. None to be found so I settled for Zillion SV TWS. I prefer the non-TWS line guide on the SV103 for throwing squarebills on flouro.

Not a bad choice. I mainly use my zillion Sv tea for skipping and small swimbaits.
BeerMe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.