Best spinning reel for dobyns Sierra 703sf and 704sf

Started by Illegalfish, September 17, 2019, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illegalfish

I am going to get a Dobyns Sierra 703sf and 704sf and none of my local dealers within 10 miles carry dobyns so I was wondering what reel I should pair them with. The most I'm spending on the reel will be 150. I was looking at the diawa bg 3000 for the 704sf and the Shimano Sahara fi 3000 for the 703sf. Any help is appreciated.

Jacobguy

I just got my first spinner after I created a thread asking and I was recommended the Sahara heavily. It's a great reel from what I've read. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

twocold

A little more than your price range but the stradic works very well with that rod

zippyduck

The Sahara has been a trustworthy reel for years for me. I have one that the handle knobs are down to the metal and the reel itself has no issues.

I still use it for steelhead and never lose one due to the reel.

I tend to use the 2500 series for everything. Never had an issues with casting or not enough line.

I have one on my SA703sf and love the combination.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Illegalfish

Quote from: zippyduck on September 17, 2019, 10:07:07 PM
The Sahara has been a trustworthy reel for years for me. I have one that the handle knobs are down to the metal and the reel itself has no issues.

I still use it for steelhead and never lose one due to the reel.

I tend to use the 2500 series for everything. Never had an issues with casting or not enough line.

I have one on my SA703sf and love the combination.
I will probably go with the 2500 Sahara for the 703sf and the diawa bg 3000 for the med heavy. Thanks for your help

loomisguy

The Shimano Nasci is a great reel in it's price range.