Caught me a biggun!!!

Started by Steve81, September 22, 2019, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve81

But it wasn't a bass. This girl smoked a chatterbait then jumped completely out of the water just like a bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacobguy

Congrats on the catch! I have yet to snag myself a big cat like that, I plan on it soon. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

SteveTX

I have caught a few over the years they tend to eat my jigs. Looks like catfish dinner tonight.  ;D

Steve81

Quote from: SteveTX on September 22, 2019, 08:13:59 PM
I have caught a few over the years they tend to eat my jigs. Looks like catfish dinner tonight.  ;D

Sadly, most of the good catfish lakes around here are catch and release. Not entirely sure why that is.

Mike Cork

That's a big'un for sure, a blast to catch when they are aggressive enough to jump. I grew up around a large pond that had cats like yours (not often that big but good ones) and they would eat jitterbugs :shocking: Total blast, as a kid I didn't know what I had, I thought it was like that everywhere LOL

Sucked getting all the treble hooks out of the skin lips of a cat fish tough  :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Steve81 on September 23, 2019, 08:45:10 AM

Sadly, most of the good catfish lakes around here are catch and release. Not entirely sure why that is.

That's something you don't hear of very often. Unless there's something in the water that makes them contaminated.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on September 23, 2019, 10:03:43 AM
That's something you don't hear of very often. Unless there's something in the water that makes them contaminated.
Yeah I never heard of catfish catch and release. Unless it was into a fryer.  ;D But if they are contaminated it would make sense.

zippyduck

That's a good one. Catch and release catfish is a new one to me.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Steve81

I think it has something to do with trying to raise them up as a trophy fishery. Honestly, the catfishing in the Omaha area is pretty incredible. If I had any sense, I'd stop trying to catch bass so much and would go after some kitties.

Donald Garner

Steve congrats on the catch there  ~c~  Tks for sharing that picture with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bassmedic46

Congratulations that is a good size catfish.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

allaboutfun

Some really good videos from a young couple pulling big cats out of that lake.

Steve81

Quote from: allaboutfun on September 24, 2019, 07:29:48 PM
Some really good videos from a young couple pulling big cats out of that lake.

Would that be PigPatrolTv?

allaboutfun

Not sure of the name. It's a young guy and his girlfriend that are locals that typically fish at night. I'll look it up.

big g

They put up a good fight, wtg my friend! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.