Favorite Applications For 703c Or 733c. ?

Started by chrisD46, October 08, 2019, 05:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

Curious for those that own or have experience with using a 703c or 733c - what are your favorite techniques for using these 3 power casting rods ? ... Thanks in advance !

Smallie_Stalker

I have a Fury 733C. My favorites are bladed jigs spinnerbaits and buzz baits small cranks and swim baits and various topwaters like poppers and prop baits.

You can also throw an unweighted senko a good distance with this rod.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FLO GROWN

I have a 703 I use it for spinnerbait,lipless crank bait,pop r and spook fun rod to catch fish on .

"Tight lines"

chrisD46

What line type are you using with the 703c and 733c ?

ike8120

I started to use my FR733C for chatterbaits with 12# copolymer.
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

chrisD46

I have a SA 734c and a SA735c. rods and either the SA 733c. or the 703c. or what I want next (can't decide which) . Which one would be a all - around medium rod used with either braid or FC / co-poly lines (depending on the application) for treble hook moving baits and single hook baits where you want to allow a little time for the bass to choke the bait ? *I'm hoping the 733c. and 703c. have a flexible tip with good backbone combo to keep bass buttoned up . How would you describe the action of the 703c. or 733c. you currently use ?

zippyduck

line types have more to do with techniques rather than the rod.

Topwaters need mono
weed fishing needs braid
rock needs flouro

Then there is many arguments after that. Spinnerbaits can be thrown on all three but which is better is up to you. You will get twenty different answers and all will be good.

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

apiazza

I throw pretty much everything on my 703c because it's one of the few rods I own. I've caught fish with it using everything from t-rigged senko to hollow frogs and several other things. All with 50 pound braid. It will get the job done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dink Dawg

I have a couple of each in three series.  Both shine at 3/16 to 5/8 ounce baits. I think I have all set up with 12 Fluorocarbon, maybe one with 10 pound.

Applications are broad. Jerkbaits, topwaters, small to mid size spinnerbaits, Senko, Hula Grubs, SHAKEY HEADS, under spins, Paddle Tail swim baits for sure. Square bills and cranks baits that run to 8 or nine feet and open water lipless crank baits. I'll use them to drag a 3/8 to 1/2 ounce Carolina rig.  Pretty versatile. I run three powers almost exclusively when fishing small mouth.