Lake Fork

Started by Captsteve, October 12, 2019, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captsteve

When I go home this time. I want to fish Lake Fork. Anyone interested in going?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Smallie_Stalker

Oh how I wish I could. That's number 1 on my bucket list of lakes to fish. ;)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bassmedic46

I wish I could. I've heard that's a great place to fish.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Cuervo Jones

I'm curious about it, but it's about 4 hours from where I live. I'd rather hit Amistad if I'm making a long trip like that. When are you going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quit reading this and go fishing!

Captsteve

Quote from: Cuervo Jones on October 13, 2019, 09:46:13 AM
I'm curious about it, but it's about 4 hours from where I live. I'd rather hit Amistad if I'm making a long trip like that. When are you going?

Don't have an exact date yet but about 2 weeks or so

Steve
Headed for the Lake

RedTop

I live at Fork. Lakes a bit low. Word of advice. If you get off the boat lane slow down. There's a ton of stumps. Boat lane is fine. Lake Fork Diner on highway 17 is really good home style food. Got any questions feel free to as away.

Polaris425

It's on my bucket list as well.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

SteveTX

I would go its only about a hour from me. But my job prevents me from planning anything more than a day or two out. When you decide on a day post it up I might be able to come hang out.

Just saying because I live fairly close don't count on me for knowledge on the lake. lo I have only fished it like 2 times. I am as rookie as it gets there. I can say it is a stump mine field as has been stated. Even when its not low you pay attention.  ;)

Lipripper

I fished it once years ago at a UB get together and I do remember there being a lot of stumps in there so be careful out of the boat lanes and be sure you have all your safety stuff up to date cause the game wardens do check you out there.  ;D Here is the one and only fish put in the boat on that windy...rainy...cold day.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Captsteve

Quote from: RedTop on October 20, 2019, 10:03:33 PM
I live at Fork. Lakes a bit low. Word of advice. If you get off the boat lane slow down. There's a ton of stumps. Boat lane is fine. Lake Fork Diner on highway 17 is really good home style food. Got any questions feel free to as away.
Well if it low, i think ill wait a bit. I don't know the lake and have a fiber glass boat.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

RedTop

Quote from: Captsteve on October 21, 2019, 05:11:33 PM
Well if it low, i think ill wait a bit. I don't know the lake and have a fiber glass boat.

It's not dangerous unless you try running off the boat lane. When you go to a spot and turn off the marked boat lane just slow it to an idle to get to where ya like. I've got a Skeeter. Long as you're at an idle and don't get in a hurry you'll be ok. Fish are starting to stage at the mouths. You'll find smaller fish shallow. Lots to fish.

Cuervo Jones

Any of you Fork anglers throw big glidebaits?
In case you get curious, here's a good article from not too Long ago.
https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/big-baits-for-big-bass/154516
Quit reading this and go fishing!