FINALLY back on the water 10-13

Started by Cuervo Jones, October 13, 2019, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuervo Jones

After a couple of months of travel, super hot temperatures, and some family stuff, I was at long last able to get back on my local power plant lake. I was looking forward to a great day on the water so imagine my surprise when I got to the launch and saw this.

Well that's not good. The weather was ok. Overcast to sunny and warm and I went to work with some big swimbaits.

No dice. I wasn't catching anything and the vultures were everywhere. It was sorta spooky. A big flock of blackbirds made its presence known.

I kept at it, grinding away with some big crankbaits and a jig. Finally decided to hit a spot I've caught some nice ones before and throw the frog. If I'm not catching anything, might as well have fun. As I was watching a little blue egret, this guy unloaded with a kerplunk and huge splash.

Not a bad fish at a hair under 20".

Hey, if I'm only going to catch one, I'm happy for it to be a quality fish on a frog! Hope you got out this weekend and did some catching!
Quit reading this and go fishing!

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for sharing, fortunately you found yourself a nice bass.  Wonder what caused that fish kill?

Cuervo Jones

Quote from: Bassinlou on October 13, 2019, 05:50:59 PM
Thank you for sharing, fortunately you found yourself a nice bass.  Wonder what caused that fish kill?
Not sure what killed everything. They were doing some sort of seismic testing with a bunch of buoys a couple of weeks ago. Or possibly something leaked from the power plant. Never in 12 years fishing this lake have I seen a fish kill this massive. Kinda freaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quit reading this and go fishing!