FLW Pro's Already On The Move

Started by fishballer06, October 16, 2019, 08:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishballer06

Pretty interesting article on 5 different FLW guys who qualified for the BASS Elites. What do you guys have to say?

http://bassfan.com/news_article/9758/three-tour-vets-commit-to-elite-series#.XacUo0ZKibh
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

zippyduck

It is a shame that so many don't have a choice. Dudley, Martin, Thrift and so many others that made FLW what it was and now are forced to compete in a new format or jump down to opens.
Just not right.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

fishballer06

Quote from: zippyduck on October 16, 2019, 11:12:40 AM
It is a shame that so many don't have a choice. Dudley, Martin, Swift and so many others...

These guys draw in so many viewers to watch/follow wherever they are fishing. BASS would be a fool not to make an exception for them.

I'm wondering if BASS is waiting to see how many guys are looking to jump ship with this buyout and with some guys struggling that went to BPT. In which case, they could expand the field. Even if it's only 10 more spots.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

FlatsNBay

If I were a betting man, I would bet the house on BASS capitalizing on the situation and approaching the top FLW guys.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

The new format is cool, but their will always be a need for the standard 5 fish tournament. B.A.S.S. is going to gain some ground back on this move.  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FlatsNBay

Several of the FLW Pros have opted to leave and try to qualify for the Elites through the BASS Opens. I think we will see some more movement in the next week or two and may include some bigger names. It should be interesting once again!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 19, 2019, 12:53:29 PM
The new format is cool, but their will always be a need for the standard 5 fish tournament. B.A.S.S. is going to gain some ground back on this move.  ~c~

Pretty much what i was thinking too. Some of the newer younger guys on the Elites are pretty good sticks too. Should make for an interesting field come next year.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire