The Mistress

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 22, 2019, 01:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Tomorrow is my day to go visit with my Mistress.  I put her up in her own place in Murrells Inlet.  Each week I get to go to her apartment for a hook up and bring her back to my home a short 3 miles away from her place.  I love having her here at the house even though she is a bit in the way. 

My Mistress is my 1991 Ranger 365V Bass Boat.  If you think a boat cannot be your mistress then you must not be a boat owner.  The mistress and I have grown old together.  Although she has had a bit of cosmetic surgery she is still a looker.  I even bought her a new chariot about a year ago so she has a nice ride as we head to the river together.  She did have some heartbeat troubles for a while and it took a lot of time to cure her ills but after spending a lot of money we finally have her purring like a kitten.

My wife is also very fond of my Mistress and we have spent many an hour, all three of us, on a multitude of lakes and rivers.  Our threesomes are something that we enjoy and look forward to our outings.  Through the years we have lavished her with a lot of bling.  Lures of all types and some great rods and reels just to be sure she is able to go fishing with some quality tackle.  After all, nothing is too good for her.

OK, so this story is a bit over the top, or is it.  If you are a boat owner, somehow I bet that you have a bit of a love affair with of all things a boat.  There is something special about owning a boat.  Having been a boat owner for over 40 years I just could not imagine fishing without one.  In our area, bank fishing is mostly not possible.  The bottom line is no boat means no fishing in our neck of the woods.  The person who said that the best days of boat ownership are the days you buy it and the days you sell it just did not know what they were talking about.  I have only sold one boat and I can tell you watching it being towed away by its new owner was traumatic.  At this point of my life, my only toys are fishing related and this includes the boat.   From time to time she is aggravating but most of the time she is just a true sweetheart.  I guess that is how it works for some of us.

Capt. BassinLou

I'm head over heels for my new mistress and thankgoodness my wife approves too!!   lo lo Fortunately for me, I get to see her everyday, and make sure she's ok.  :) :)

Lipripper

I think we all have some sort of Mistress be it a boat...a car or truck...a gun or a guitar...a fishing reel or rod. IN my case my wife bought me my Mistress about a year ago. I spend more time with her than I do my wife.  ~shade I hope I can keep this one a long time cause I[m just getting use to her. It's my new HP laptop computer.  lo lo Since I can't get out and about as much as I would like to because of my health conditions I spend a lot of time right here on UB as you can tell by my post count.  ~read ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Bud, this is good stuff here  ;)  Yep I get to see mine everyday.   She's parked right next to the garage all covered up.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Couldn't explain it better myself ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

It's sure safer than the real thing. lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

coldfront

bud, the new word is 'throuple'.

all the cool kids are using it.

;D

Pacific NW Ron

Good read Bud.  I sure miss my last mistress.  I sold her to another guy that wanted her worse then I did a couple years ago.  I've seen her at the launch several times and see's looking great and seems happy.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?