Official 2019 Adopt A Family Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, October 29, 2019, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

2019 Ultimate Bass Adapt A Family Raffle

It's that time again!!! Time to kick off the Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle.
A quick synopsis for those that weren't part of Ultimate Bass last year. Ultimate Bass holds a raffle to raise money for a needy family each year. So far, we've helped 7 families over the past 7 Holiday Seasons. These families typically had extreme medical bills preventing a joy filled holiday season. However, a couple of our recipients simply were families who had fallen on very hard times.

Last years recipient was the grandchildren of Lipripper. The were trying to raise his Great Grandchildren in the heart of Chicago and were in a bad way. With winter on top of them, they were fighting to keep their jobs, Mom and Dad were taking turns toting the kids back and forth to day care on a bike with a wagon just to keep working... Lots to their story you can read here CLICK HERE

This year's family comes to us from Central Texas and I'll get their story soon.

Let's get to the raffle... I am late getting started (as usual) but so far the raffle consists of:

Ultimate Bass Adapt A Family Raffle Prizes
(There are more prizes in work and will be listed in order of value)

IF YOU BUY TICKETS VIA PAY PAL PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION

I haven't received all the prices but it's shaking out like this

First place prize:
Gary donates a Dobyns Rods Sierra Series casting rod
Bud Kennedy is donating either a Shimano SLX or a Daiwa Fuego CT (Winners Choice)

Second Place
A Right handed Abu Garcia Gen4 Revo S. 7.3:1 gear ratio.
HawgTech ceramic hybrid spool bearings.
Lews Carbon fiber 95mm handle.
Reel retails for $129.99. Bearings retail for $20. Handle retails for $49.95. Total retail of $200.

Third Place:
$100 in Mr. Twister baits

Forth Place:
NuTech Lures Package – Bo is giving $100 worth of baits

Fifth Place:
VRX Fishing Package –
    2 Fishing Rod Sleeves Standard Casting
    2 Fishing Rod Sleeves Standard Spinning
    1 true center stick 5" Grn Ppkn Bk Flake
    1 Muscle Back Finesse 3.25" Color 309
    1 Adrenaline Bug 4" Okeechobee Craw
    1 Finesse Slammer 3.25 Big Limit
    1 X Tube 3.75 Big G Gobie
    1 Ned Zone 3" Dirty Shad
    1 Blitz Worm 11" Motor Oil
    1 Rod Glove long sleeve Tee Shirt

Sixth Place:
K9 Fishing Package – They haven't said what yet but Kelly said it's on the way
NOTE: I don't have this package yet and don't know the value, it's placing could change

7th Place:
A $50 package of 'Hand Tied' Spinnerbaits and Jigs made by our own fishballer06 of Steelwater Outdoors

Tickets are your basic Raffle Ticket. Ticket cost:

IF YOU BUY TICKETS VIA PAY PAL PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION

1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
30 tickets for $100

I will be tracking ticket purchases like always. Many times we are not able to spend $100 at a time to get the bonus tickets. If you buy $100 worth of tickets over a series of purchases I will give you the extra tickets to equal thirty with the purchase that takes you over $100. So if you buy 5 sets of $20 that gets you 25 tickets and I will kick in the extra five tickets to make the 30.

We take all forms of money but prefer Pay Pal. Make sure to send funds via "Friends and Family". You can mail a check (please let me know it's coming), did I say we prefer Pay Pal, and if you want to use a CC we can send you a Pay Pal invoice that you can pay without having a Pay Pal account. See the bottom of the post for further information.

I will message you the numbers of your tickets. You'll need to hang onto these numbers. On December 17th we will draw the winners and post the ticket numbers. We will do the drawing on Facebook Live to ensure the integrity of the raffle. (You do not have to have Facebook in order to win, winning numbers will be published on the Ultimate Bass forums) I will also write your screen name on the back of your tickets so we'll know who won what on drawing night.

The funds recipient - We have a family in works, we are still vetting their needs through their local church. Once that's complete I will post as much as I can about them without violating their privacy.

How to Pay for Tickets

Mailing Address:

Ultimate Bass
C/O Adopt a Family
5422 Amber Circle
Benton La 71006

Pay Pal address

First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"

Please put your "SCREEN NAME" and "Adopt a Family" in the notes section.

Credit Card

Our only option here is to send you an invoice via Pay Pal, you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice. However, there is a 3% surcharge and since this is a fund raiser, I'll split it with you.

Disclaimer: We have to have one so here it goes. All rules of this raffle are subject to change by site administration. Ultimate Bass is not responsible for the delivery of prizes; however we will provide our best efforts to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner.

The Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Bio

Here is the bio, it's taken me a while to get it put together because we needed to make sure everything was correct and had to bounce it off of church leadership. This lady is in dire straights. She doesn't know we are fundraising for her so it's going to be quite a shock. Here's the bio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year's Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family recipient is Sabrina. Sabrina is on disability, lost her daughter to an automobile accident and in a physically and emotionally abusive marriage. Ultimate Bass Staff Member Don Garner, recommended Sabrina and with the help of his congregation elders, provided this bio.

Don has known Sabrina since 2005. When he first met Sabrina, she had a beautiful family that spent a lot of time supporting the church. But recently Sabrina's life has taken a devastating turn for the worst. Sabrina's daughter was in a serious automobile accident with a dump truck leaving her paralyzed from the neck down. Sabrina's daughter lived incapacitated in a specially designed reclining wheelchair for a year before she passed away.

Since her daughters passing, Sabrina's life has completely fallen apart. As you can only imagine, this put a serious strain on Sabrina and her husband and is likely the catalyst for the change in her husband and the current abusive relationship.

She has numerous personal issues being addressed with the help of the church leadership and the direct guidance of a Church Elder's wife. The Church is behind her and looking to guide Sabrina through a separation from her husband and setting up a new life.

Church leadership is getting her into a government-subsidized apartment in the next town over. Hoping the distance will help with the ex-husband, however she'll need transportation to and from church. Sabrina will need many things to help get her on her feet. Things like deposits for electric, gas, and water; first and last rent. She will need basic furniture and food for the cupboards. The Church can help with some of this, however many things will have to wait. Her soon to be ex-husband is very abrasive and will not help. This is a case of a lady escaping a very bad situation and taking little more than the clothes on her back.

Sabrina is described by her congregation as a good Christian lady that has fallen on very hard times. She's lost her only daughter after a long injury; her ex-husband has turned abusive, and her own body is failing her. Sabrina needs our help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimate Bass's support will change Sabrina's life, maybe even save her life.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

We have our first two to donate and get tickets

Lipripper
gtrpickr

If you've donated please check this list, if you don't see your name in a day or two, send me a message to make sure I got your payment.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 29, 2019, 03:00:05 PM
We have our first two to donate and get tickets

Lipripper
gtrpickr

If you've donated please check this list, if you don't see your name in a day or two, send me a message to make sure I got your payment.
I will add gtrpickr to my list also so I won't send him a PM also.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

I should be able to get my first payment out by the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 29, 2019, 04:18:09 PM
I should be able to get my first payment out by the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I will go ahead and put your name on my list then Smallie so I won't send you a PM  ;D

Mike Cork

Two days and we've got five members donating already, this is awesome. I really wanted to get the raffle up and running before the first of the month so that everyone can budget in a few tickets.

Remember, between now and the drawing, if your donations total $100 I'll being giving you 5 extra tickets. I track the ticket sales closely, so if you can only do $20 a week, you can still get the $100 bonus ~shade

Lipripper
gtrpickr
Eric-Maine
FD
Donald Garner

Thank you guys, as you know the Adopt a Family program changes lives thanks to you.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Eric-Maine thanks for your donation. ~c~ Now let me add your name to my list also so I won't big you with a PM.  ;D

Mike Cork

Just a reminder for everyone. I know Payday is tomorrow for most of us. If we give a little each payday until the raffle we can make a real difference.

Just food for thought... we have 20,000 + members, if everyone bought a ticket just imagine what we can do for a family

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 31, 2019, 10:58:27 AM
Just a reminder for everyone. I know Payday is tomorrow for most of us. If we give a little each payday until the raffle we can make a real difference.

Just food for thought... we have 20,000 + members, if everyone bought a ticket just imagine what we can do for a family
Mike that would make a big difference for sure. I know that I will be getting two more SS checks before the end of December and plan on giving some more out of both of them.

TNDiver

I'm in.   Always glad I can help.  The best money you can spend, know it is helping someone that needs it.
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Mike Cork

TNDiver, thank you sir, I'll get your ticket numbers to you shortly.

Remember, between now and the drawing, if your donations total $100 I'll being giving you 5 extra tickets. I track the ticket sales closely, so if you can only do $20 a week, you can still get the $100 bonus ~shade

Lipripper
gtrpickr
Eric-Maine
FD
Donald Garner
TNDiver

Thank you guys, as you know the Adopt a Family program changes lives thanks to all of you. This year we might be saving a life. I've about got everything ready to share with everyone

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

We've got another prize pack added to the list. Fishballer06 is giving a $50 package of baits to one of our winners.

Thank You Fishballer ~c~ ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: TNDiver on October 31, 2019, 11:51:06 AM
I'm in.   Always glad I can help.  The best money you can spend, know it is helping someone that needs it.
Thanks for your donation and let me add your name to my list also so I won't send you a PM.  ;D

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 31, 2019, 12:52:40 PM
We've got another prize pack added to the list. Fishballer06 is giving a $50 package of baits to one of our winners.

Thank You Fishballer ~c~ ~c~
Thanks Fishballer and thank you to Bud for donating a reel to go on that  Dobyns Rod. ~c~ ~c~

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Lipripper on October 31, 2019, 02:51:16 PM
Thanks for your donation and let me add your name to my list also so I won't send you a PM.  ;D
Thanks Fishballer and thank you to Bud for donating a reel to go on that  Dobyns Rod. ~c~ ~c~

There are so many threads about the Adopt A Family that I somehow missed some of this information. Thank you both Fishballer and Bud!  ~c~

UB members ROCK!!!

Mike Cork

This will be the only one that says "Official"  ~shade Lip has a couple that help him track things in the back boards.  :-*

Cork's Reel Service

fishballer06

3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Lipripper

oldude

Lipripper

Quote from: oldude on November 04, 2019, 08:01:16 AM
sent a little sumthig sumthing
Thank you very much for your donation and every little bit helps.  ~c~

Mike Cork

Shout OUT!!! PIPEPRO, Ocbassman, Oldude, Fishballer06, SteveTX, and Terry G, thank you everyone for your donation.

Lipripper
gtrpickr
Eric-Maine
FD
Donald Garner
TNDiver
PIPEPRO
Ocbassman
Terry G
Fishballer06
SteveTX
Oldude
Smallie_Stalker

Thank you guys, as you know the Adopt a Family program changes lives thanks to all of you. This year we might be saving a life. I've about got everything ready to share with everyone

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Mike, I just sent you something via Pay Pal.

Mike Cork

I just got it too, thank you sir. Things are starting to add up  ~c~ ~c~

I'm going to get our bio up today if it kills me.....

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Thanks everyone for your donation, ~c~ I think I already have all of y'a on my sent PM list but I will check again to make sure so I won't send you another one.

twocold

Lipripper