Nov Bassing / Thanksgiving Holiday / Prayer Requests

Started by Donald Garner, October 31, 2019, 06:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! Yep, half way to Friday!!! 17, snow drifting down, light fluff, tomorrow temps into the mid to upper 30s with a snow or rain shower. :surrender: :surrender:
Lip, I agree with Donald, you need a remote starter, I wish I had one on my wife's car, next week into the 40s. ;D ;D
SHC, maybe you should shoot the guy stopping you from getting the other job. :-* :-* :-*
Donald, quiet kids are good kids, better seen but not heard. lo The nut jobs haven't been able to remove the armed police from our schools yet, that's a good thing. I don't know how well the kids behavior is and frankly I don't think I want to. In another week or so I'm going to get a battery powered leaf blower to remove snow, during the winter most of the snow is "dry" enough to be lifted by the wind and the leaf blower will do a good job of it along with cleaning off the vehicles, at my age I'm becoming all about easy and it's easier handling that than the snow blower, I'll save that for when it's needed.
Have a great day, stay warm!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rodney, my wife has one of them remote start cars. It's freaking nice! I believe it has an electric heater built into the system so it can warm up the car quicker, but I don't know. I do know it heats up quick!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

The good news is the new trolling motor is in transit via Fed Ex.  Scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  I have to hang out here until it arrives because a signature is required for this shipment.  Don't plan on installing until November 20th or 21st depending upon the weather.  Not gonna be too good until then.  Most likely will remove the old motor on the 20th and begin the new install on the 21st.  I guess the lag will give me time to be sure I understand fully what all needs to be done.  I have installed Motorguide motors but this will be my very first Minn Kota.  Don't really expect too much difference.

The Mrs. still is not sleeping and in her sleep deprived state some weird things happen.  Hope she can get back on schedule soon.  She is currently unable to drive and has to be watched very closely.  She seems to have these spells twice a year or if something very stressful happens.  She is taking the death of her best friend very hard. I am seeing some improvement but not quite recovered as yet.

Lipripper

Good day everyone and it's 20* but feels like 6* with the wind chill. It's overcast but no more snow has fallen. Donald glad to hear the kids are being good for the time being . They must be thinking up their next targets.  lo As far as putting a remote start on my old rusting out 2002 van it just wouldn't be worth it. Rodney I guess it's time to put the boat away for the winter now huh.  :'( That's a lot of snow,  ~sweat I would hug my camel but it done left town heading south.  lo Bud hope your wife gets better soon and will keep her in my prayers. I know your excited to get your new TM in and dig in to get it on the boat. SHC  my next car will have one in it but my old van just not worth the money to get one put in. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We started the day off with rain and it rained most of the day here across Central Texas  ~rain  Our forecasted temps were 32 / 45dgrs with 83% humidity.  The forecasts for the upcoming week our lows will be 32 / 75dgrs.  Texas Winters cold in the morning nice and warm in the afternoons  :)

It was a pleasant day at school today not much happening with the Lil Darlings and Knotheads.  I think the cold weather has a grip on them  :-\  Anyway they've been pretty good these past couple days. 

I took a big dose of Night Quill yesterday after getting home and I was out like a light.  I slept for 11.5 hours last night.  Woke up at 5am ready to go.  The cold is getting better everyday I'll be glad when it finally gone though.

Lip; Sounds like Winter has set in at your place.  Hopefully the snow fall will be limited.  If you decide to upgrade your next vehicle you ought to keep the Remote Idea in your mind.  They are pretty handy especially during nasty weather.  Are you and John going be making another fishing trip this year?

Bud; Hope your wife gets to feeling better soon buddy.  I was reading one of your other posts reference your trolling motor arrival.  To bad you don't have a carport overhead cover in your driveway you could always park the Ranger under it and work on it.  Does your HOA allow those to be constructed in your area?  I know some HOAs you got to have permission etc before installation occurs.

To me there isn't that much difference in installing a Motor Guide / Minn Kota.  I have both and the only difference is the foot pedal operations.  Have fun and enjoy the new toy  ;)

SHC; Hey there buddy.  Hope your feeling a lot better today.  While we lived in Alaska the last act prior to getting out of the wife's vehicle was to turn on the defroster / heater during the Winter months.  When she hit that remote starter and the vehicle was running it was warming up inside for her.  Those remote starters are nice for sure.

Rodney; I wasn't for sure on what type of snow (Wet or Dry) you got up in your parts.  That leaf blower would do the trick as long as it wasn't too thick I think.  When we lived in Fairbank (Ft. Wainwright) Alaska the snow there was a dry snow.  Once we moved down to Anchorage (Ft. Richardson) Alaska that was a real wet snow.  I didn't have a snow blower while at Wainwright but that first snow we got at Richardson I went and purchased one.  It was a life saver for sure.

Guys you all have a good day tomorrow.  Be safe out traveling during these early Wintery days.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Donald, no structures like you mention are allowed in our development.  Not really very popular around here on the coast as they don't do all that well when it is hurricane time.  Rural inland areas do seem to have more of them.  Not much in the way of zoning or wind zone rules for them to deal with.

Lipripper

Evening everyone and sorry for being so late in stopping by but I have been busy on the phone with the insurance company..the DMV..my auto repair shop  ~shade It's not what you might be thinking.  ;D I got a call yesterday from my friend John (that I go fishing with every spring) and Penny sister had a stroke almost a year ago and couldn't drive her car anymore and it was just setting in John's driveway and they were paying insurance on it . I told him if they decided to sell it let me know. I know they were holding out hopping the Crystal would get better so I didn't push them about it. Well like I said I got a call from John yesterday and he wanted to know if I still wanted the car. It's a 2007 Chevy Impala in great shape. I said I sure do. So I"m catching a train next Tuesday for the three hour train ride to John's. That's why I spent so much time on the phone with all them people getting everything in order and to find out what had to be done. Here it is Diana's new car. Not bad for $1,400 and around 70,000 miles on it.

Don it don't have a remote start on it but I will have one installed when I get back home. The reason it looks so good is because it was kept under a carport most of it's life .

Bud Kennedy

Lip nice wheels.  I think you will be happy.  I have owned a few of those and they performed well for our field sales folks.  Comfortable on the road and performed just fine and economical too.  I suppose we probably bought a couple dozen of that model over the years when the Crown Vic fords were no longer available.  We were not happy with a smaller car at first but it worked out just fine.

As forecasted is was a cold, wet and windy day here at the beach.  High today about 55 and the same thing expected for tomorrow with continued rain, wind and cool temps.  we spent the day doing some errands and shopping in readiness for a get together this Sunday evening and also some prep for the upcoming Thanksgiving dinner.  We are having some guests over for the dinner and this year they are mostly old folks who are alone and seems to be excited about joining us for a traditional dinner.  It should be a good day.  We have even invited the guy that fixed my boat motor this summer but have not heard back from him as yet.  As I recall he too is without family in the area.  We hope everyone we invited can make it.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We're starting the day off with Blue Bird Skies with forecasted temps of 37 - 64dgrs with 82% humidity  ~sun 

Long day at work yesterday.  One of my day team members called in sick so I cleaned her area.  I worked a High School Football Playoff game last night at our stadium.  It got to be cold by half time.  I think it weird how they do high school playoff here in Texas.  No Team has home field advantage both teams have to travel to a neutral site.  Beings our high school team is out of the playoffs our stadium got picked to host a game.   We have another game this coming Friday night.  I will say this about visiting out of area teams.  The fan aren't as messy as our home and conference folks are.

The wife and I will spend today shopping and looking around for who knows what  ~shade

Bud; That's a nice gesture inviting those folks over for Thanksgiving.  I'm sure they'll enjoy the time spent with you and your wife and the other guest.

Lip; That's a great looking vehicle you got there.  I'm sure the wife is going to enjoy driving it.   I've never own a Chevy Impalas but have rented them while traveling.  I though they were nice comfortable vehicles to drive.  They seemed to get pretty decent gas mileage also.  Good luck with it.  You going to sneak in a  day or two fishing with John while visiting with him?

Rodney; You didn't over do it with the snow removal did ya.  I hope the aches and pains haven't gotten you down either. 

To everyone have a really pleasant and safe Saturday.  Enjoy your family time together.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's 32* and overcast suppose to get up to 40* and overcast. Bud I drove it a couple of times and it does drive nice, I'm just going to have to figure out how to work all the dodads in it that I'm not use too. Like the cruse control and different control knobs for the heat. I'm going to have to have John or Penny to run me through how all that stuff works. That's a good thing y'all are doing inviting all them folks over for Thanksgiving dinner.  8) Donald sounds like the teams fans respect other peoples area and don't leave big messes. No fishing John done put his boat away for the winter. Hope the Mrs can find all them who knows what without to much trouble.  lo lo Rodney hows the old body doing today and you still have all that snow ? The little we had is just about all gone. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Donald Garner

Good morning from Belton, Texas  :)

We're starting the day off with mostly sunny skies and forecasted temps of 39-71dgrs with 92% humidity  ~sun

We're off to church here in a little bit.  Our lunch destination hasn't been determined as of yet  :-\

Had a great day out shopping with the wife.  Each 3rd Saturday of the month they close off the downtown Court Square streets and set up vendor's tents.  All the stores fronts are open and usually if the weather is nice the area is fully of shoppers.  The weather was great and the vendors were all busy. 

We stopped and had lunch at Miller's BBQ.   Afterwards we continued to walk around working lunch off. It was so nice weather wise we made a road trip up to Waco.  We stopped in Cabela's and looked around.  My wife picked up a new pair of boots.  I didn't find anything I needed.  On the way home we stopped at Academy while there I picked up a H2O Express Cold weather Rain Suit.  I'm taking this one to work and using it there.  My old rain suit I had there gave up the ghost last year.  I'd been using my BPS Gore-Tex suit out of Stratos at work.  Now that the replacement has been purchased I can put it back in the Stratos.

Lip;  You have a safe road trip back from John's with the wife's new car.  Its always exciting getting something new and having to figure out whet this button does etc.  ;)   The wife didn't have any problems yesterday shopping  lo  I carried her stuff around for her so she could shop for more stuff  ;)  It was a good day spending time with her :)

Rodney; Hope things are well at your place buddy and the aches and pains haven't gotten you down.

Bud; You got the Ranger sitting in the drive way yet?  I know you got to be chopping at the bit to get that new trolling motor installed.

To everyone have a Blessed Sunday and enjoy the day with the families.     

Bud Kennedy

Donald, starting to look like I can bring the Ranger home on Tuesday and do the trolling motor install on Wednesday if the weather holds.  Thursday looks good too if I need an extra day.

Today is dry but right windy with gusts on the coast that could reach up to 50 mph.  Current temp is 54 with highs expected to maybe get to 60 but not likely.

Today will be a bit busy with some social responsibilities.  I am not real comfortable being in a group of people and especially people I don't really know but I will survive.  My wife thrives on this stuff so I will do my duty and try to fit in.  We are attending a small get together at a person's house that recently lost his wife and he has invited some folks over to view a video presentation he created that depicts his life as a National Geographic photographer.  He has travelled the world taking pictures on assignment and the presentation will probably be quite interesting.  He did a video presentation at his wife's memorial service that was quite good as well.  Hopefully the social contact and having friends over will help him keep his life on track as he continues to move along with his life.

Oldfart9999

Evening all!!! 17 this morning 42 now, sunny all day, breezy, nice day. My knee has been acting up and I've been a bit busy catching up on a few things here.
Lip, nice looking wheels there, congrats!!! I'm hoping to pull the cover next week and put the tarp over the boat for the winter.
Bud, I don't think you'll find swapping out TMs to be too bad. It'll take a little time, possibly a few colorful words maybe, but you'll get it. Hope Mrs. Bud gets back to herself soon!!!
SHC, how's your back doing? Hopefully better!!!
Donald, good to hear the little darlings are behaving, may it last a long time!!! Sounds like a really nice trip you and the Mrs. took. I got a sonar unit back from Lowrance, I'll check it out when I swap the cover for the tarp.
Rodney

Lipripper

Good morning everyone and it's overcast and almost freezing.  lo They say it will get up to 40 today we will see. Just about got all my ducks in a row for my trip down to John's tomorrow to get Diana's new car. I will call the DMV down there on the morning  since they are closed on Mondays just to make sure I have everything I need to make it happen. Donald sounds like you and the Mrs had a great day together. Bud hope the weather holds so you can get your new TM installed. Rodney sorry your knee has been giving you trouble. Sounds like your putting your girl to bed for the winter. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Bud Kennedy

Another one of those bone chilling days here at the beach.  Although the current temp is 53 the humidity is listed a above 90% which means the cold goes through your bones.  Southern cold is plenty miserable even when the temps are not all that bad.  Lows tonight in the upper 30s.  Tomorrow to be a bit better and improving thru the week with no more rain in the forecast until Saturday.  Hopefully this cold stuff will go away for a while.

SteelHorseCowboy

Bud, I've argued with my yankee ex wife over this before: Northern cold vs Southern cold.
Before she moved to Mississippi with me, she'd talk smack. "Oh it barely gets below freezing? That's nothing, yadda yadda yadda yadda"
Basically, she just KNEW those single digit and sometimes negative temps that she grew up with HAD to be worse than 30-40° in MS.

Until she experienced her first winter in the South.

"Why is everything soggy? Why do my bones hurt? How do you live like this?"
Yeah. I'd already experienced dry, northern mountain cold and grew up in the South. I tried to warn her.

Now she'll tell anyone she prefers colder winter up north rather than a wet winter down south.

I don't think I know anyone who has experienced both and doesn't prefer a drier, northern winter. Heck, I know quite a few people who have moved NORTH to get away from the cold in the South.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We had Clear skies with forecasted temps of 44 - 71dgrs with 46% humidity across Central Texas
today  ~sun

It was a quiet day on the school front today which I take any day  ~shade

SHC; I'll take a Southern Winter (Texas) anytime over those Northern Winters  ;) So have you gotten that new job yet? 

Bud; One thing about living near the coast the Winters always seem colder.  Hang in there buddy you'll be sweating there before you know it  ~shade 

Lip; Have a pleasant trip down and back from John's.  Good luck with the transactions at the DMV office too.  It can be painful if your paperwork isn't in order.

Rodney; Hope your day was a good one with minimum aches and pains.

To everyone have a relaxing evening and a great day tomorrow   ;)

SteelHorseCowboy

Don, the new job (I'm assured) is a sure thing. Only problem is, their HR department is going above and beyond to avoid problems like wrongful termination suits. So the guy I'm to replace is back on probation and no longer allowed to take his work truck home. Which means he has an extra two hours of commuting from home to office to get the truck, then from office to home after dropping it off. The supervisor told me "Don't worry, he'll screw up again soon."

But quite frankly, even if it doesn't materialize real soon, I'm quitting anyway. I've let myself be backed into a career threatening situation, and if I don't cut my losses I could be facing big consequences.

Oldfart9999

Good morning everybody!!! 33 when I got up, high 30s later, slowly warming up, 41 yesterday, by Thursday maybe 50. Still can't do the elliptical because of the knee, just has to make it to New Years when I have my new insurance. Anniversary coming up, Thursday, trying to figure out where we want to do an overnite, we'll be driving and site seeing, maybe stop at several wineries and whatnot.
Lip, good luck with the car, wish you well buddy!!!
Bud, I'm not sure I'd want to live anywhere where you're wet from sweat in the summer and wet from humidity in the winter, generally in the winter my arthritis, same in the summer, spring and fall are my most troublesome times.
SHC, hopefully you'll find a decent job quickly. I never trusted sure things, the guy's still there and reality says he is until he isn't with no guarantee of when he isn't. How's your back doing?
Donald, another quiet day is always good, take them when you can, that's what I always did, made the bad ones better.
Rodney

Lipripper

Good morning everyone and Rodney sorry to hear your knee is still keeping you from your work out and hope it gets better soon. Donald your right the DMV can be a pain in the butt. They open at 8:00 so I'm going to call them to see what I might have to bring with me to get it all done the first time. SHC  do what you got to do and don't think twice about it. Bud y'all still a little cool down by the beach today? Well time to get off here and start getting my stuff together for my trip. I won't have my laptop but I will stop by and say howde from my phone but just won't be posting a lot till I get back on Saturday or Sunday. Have a good day and be safe out there.

SteelHorseCowboy

Y'all, I actually typed up three different resignation letters yesterday. One standard with a notice, one for "effective immediately", and one for if I get really pissed. I won't share the language in that one.

Back is good. Good thing too, slinging a trash pump around.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 58-71dgrs with 50% humidity   ~sun

We got a front moving through tonight it's bringing some rain and a little wind with it.  Looks like we might be getting wet for the next 4 days  ~rain :-\  The temps are going to be ranging from 41 - 76dgrs with some moderate winds.

SHC; Good luck with the new job search.  I wish you well and hope that you find the right job.  Keep us posted if you will.

Lip; You have a pleasant and safe trip.  Hope all goes well for ya at the DMV.

Rodney; Hope the knee gets to feeling better for ya buddy.  Happy Anniversary to you and the wife.  Enjoy that special time with the wife.  Make sure you two get some pictures together also.  Be safe in your travels.

Bud; Its almost Thursday  ;)  You got the tools all layed out and ready to tear into that Ranger front deck?  Have fun getting the trolling motors switched out.  I love tinkering with my boats  ;)  ~shade 

Guys you all have a great day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.

Oldfart9999

Good morning all!!! 39 headed to 41, cloudy, just a blah type of day. Need to cover the boat with the winter cover after lunch, blah. Friday we're headed off to who knows where, I do know BPS will be one of the stops. Pics will be few, she doesn't like having her picture taken so I don't. lo
Bud, how goes the TM, making progress or waiting on parts?
Lip, have a good trip buddy , be safe and enjoy!!!
SHC, I think I'd give them the "I'm leaving in 2 weeks" letter, no sense in burning your bridges, let them do it and look like the bad guys.
Donald, little darlings behaving? It's going to be dry this afternoon so the boat goes into hibernation. :'( The knee is the knee, I knew it was coming, just didn't think it would be this soon, the Doctor told me and I saw the pictures that the cartilage was skinny and getting skinnier, he told me that most likely the next he had to cut it would be for a replacement. I'm still doing the gym, just my upper body, better than nothing.
Rodney 

Bud Kennedy

The new trolling motor is on the boat.  Have not done the electrical as yet because the new circuit breaker did not arrive.  All the mechanical stuff is finished just have to wire up the bow plug and install the new circuit breaker.  I will also be doing a screw down for the foot pedal and running the transducer wire tomorrow.

This took me a lot longer than expected mostly because of mounting the trolling motor mount.  Did not have to drill anymore holes so that was nice but sill a tough spot to reach when putting on the kep nuts and flat washers.  I need longer and thinner arms but I got it done with only a couple scrapes on my hand from the fiberglass inside the bow.

I will have everything done tomorrow pending delivery of the new circuit breaker but I will be able to fire up the motor on low speed just to check it out while waiting for the breaker.

Weather here was good after a cold start.  This afternoon was in the low 60s so it was a pleasant day to be working on the boat.

Donald Garner

Good evening from Belton, Texas  8)

We had mostly clear skies with forecasted temps of 66 - 75dgrs across Central Texas today  ~sun

Quiet day at school for the most part.  I was just busy enough to make the day go by. 

Bud; Congrats on getting the new trolling motor mounted to the Ranger.  Didn't any of the marine dealerships in and around your area not have that circuit breaker for ya?  That kind sux having to wait on a part to come in when you're so close to having everything done.

Rodney; Enjoy the get away with your wife.  Be careful while at the BPS  lo  Sure sorry to hear about the wear and tear on the knee.  Hopefully you not putting extra stress from exercising will buy you some time. 

To everyone have a great day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels also.