Favorite Vibrating Jig Trailers ?

Started by chrisD46, November 12, 2019, 06:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

For your chatterbaits , thunder crickets , etc. what are your favorite trailers to use with them ?

Mike Cork

While I'll use just about anything, my favorites are the Mr. Twister Buzz Bug and if I need to really slow down the action then a zoom super chunk

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

loomisguy

Yamamoto Zako or a menace grub or fat albert turned sideways.

fishballer06

3.3 or 3.8 Keitech SIF, Christie Craws, and double tail Fat Alberts.

The Zako's look awesome, but I haven't thrown them yet.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

apenland01

I've been using the LLO psycho shads and have had decent luck with that combo.  I haven't fished a chatterbait lately, so this reminds me to try this weekend.

Donald Garner

I like using the Reactions Innovations Sweet Beavers in >  4.20 Big Texan; Bloody Mary; California 420; Fried Watermelon; Watermelon and Watermelon Red.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

I mostly use one of three types on a vibrating jig.  I use a Doc Irv Craw, or a Reactions innovations dipper series with a boot tail and I will use a Damiki Armor Shad with a fluke tail.  Colors here are mostly traditional craw colors or watermellon/red color.  At Santee the color would tend to be more shad colored or watermellon/green color.  Size of the bait of course depends on the fish or the size of the lure being used.  Quite franky the Doc Irv has been my most successful on the river and a dipper in a shad or white color at Santee

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: chrisD46 on November 12, 2019, 06:29:02 AM
For your chatterbaits , thunder crickets , etc. what are your favorite trailers to use with them ?

I'll second the Locket Lures Psycho shad. My other favorite is a twin-tail grub. This past year I found that the X Zone 3.25" Rebel Chunk was pretty impressive as well. i could actually feel the claws kicking separate from the thump of the blade.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

caddyjoe77

rage menace more in the summer-ish, chunk if the water is cold, swimbait fall/spring

generically speaking....
BeerMe

smokey bear

chrisD46

I'm not seeing a boot tail or paddle tail swim bait as a vibrating jig trailer - too many testimonials from Pros saying the two cause conflict /counter act if used together .

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

SteveTX

Quote from: chrisD46 on November 16, 2019, 08:00:06 PM
I'm not seeing a boot tail or paddle tail swim bait as a vibrating jig trailer - too many testimonials from Pros saying the two cause conflict /counter act if used together .
Oh I have heard that hogw... er I mean "professional" instruction as well. lo Everybody was doing paddle tail and catching fish for a long while and many are still to this day. Fact is you can put what ever ya want on there and catch fish. Sure on any given day one trailer may be favored over another but I have seen others and myself caught fish with all kinds of plastics as trailers.

I use all kinds a plastics. The last ones I recall were 4" Grub, fluke, Havoc Grass Pig, Zoom Z Craw and Z Craw Jr on edge. Those and more have been successfully used by me.

If we did everything every "professional" instructed I would have to throw out all my jigs. I have heard every contradicting story possible on them. Same with how I fish many many other lures and plastics. I listen to the Pros but take most as a suggestion. You have to use what works for you. Unless them Pros are going fishing with ya and going to tell ya what to do when you arent catching anything.  lo

fishingram24

Fat Albert grub or green pumpkin flash Z craw jr. works for me.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

apenland01

Quote from: chrisD46 on November 16, 2019, 08:00:06 PM

Have you watched it in the water?

It has a really good action.  You get the shimmy from the blade, then the tail is whipping around all which directions, not sure what it wants to do.  I caught quite a few bass on it this past spring.  I just forget to keep using it.....

MCS

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 12, 2019, 09:35:57 AM
While I'll use just about anything, my favorites are the Mr. Twister Buzz Bug and if I need to really slow down the action then a zoom super chunk

Exactly! ~c~....My two go twos are gambler burner craw and missile baits dbombs if we are dropping names. I also like a fluke time to time.....IMHO swim baits, boot style, are overrated and dull the action of the jig. You just need something that flapps and wiggles with the action, bulk and drag of the body of the bait deaden and also place the bait in the water coloumn
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne