Relapse

Started by geneinnc, November 29, 2019, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

After 12 years at the pain clinic I had to quit epidurals.
Copays is $1400 per year.

Cant close my left hand now. Same doctor said it was because my fused neck  is pinching the nerves to my left side again.

I asked him about hemp oil and he said that won't show enough to count as pot but his patients were sleeping better. It did help me sleep and that is a blessing.

I'm trying to see if insurance  will let me start back to at least see if the epidural will stop the damage from progressing to the point where I lost most use of my left arm. I will be shocked if they do.

On the bright side a have until spring to figure out a cradle grip that works on my crankbaits rods.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that Gene. That is some serious stuff right there.

You have my prayers that things somehow work out in your favor brother.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 29, 2019, 04:20:23 PM
Wow, I am so sorry to hear that Gene. That is some serious stuff right there.

You have my prayers that things somehow work out in your favor brother.
X2 Glad the hemp oils help you sleep.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Gene, we'll add you to our daily prayer list. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Cuervo Jones

I hope everything works out for you and that you'll be back to sticking nice bass in no time! Be well and speedy recovery!
Quit reading this and go fishing!

Mike Cork

Man this is a tough deal, I wish there was some way to hold these doctors accountable. The make you sign you life and you spouses life away before they will work on you.

Praying something changes.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

SteveTX

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 02, 2019, 08:30:12 AM
Man this is a tough deal, I wish there was some way to hold these doctors accountable. The make you sign you life and you spouses life away before they will work on you.

Praying something changes.
Lets add insurance companies and politicians to the list for making a absolute mess of the medical industry.

Hope you get well soon geneinnc.

Wizard

I'm sorry about the problems. Authorities don't want to hear the system is broken sand some doctors are terrible human beings. Through experience I make these recommendations:
If you think something is wrong, get a lawyer immediately.
If the doctor doesn't answer your questions, get a lawyer immediately.

Wizard

bassmedic46

Quote from: Wizard on December 06, 2019, 07:12:02 PM
I'm sorry about the problems. Authorities don't want to hear the system is broken sand some doctors are terrible human beings. Through experience I make these recommendations:
If you think something is wrong, get a lawyer immediately.
If the doctor doesn't answer your questions, get a lawyer immediately.

Wizard
You are so right. Insurance companies run what the Dr prescribes. You are in our prayers.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

geneinnc

I go back Friday for epidural 2. I got almost total relief, just now having some trouble.  They never asked for a copay so we will see what happens Friday. If they want $700 I'll just have to get the pain meds refilled, if they will even do that until I pay up.

I had to do urine test, and I hope the Dr is as good as his word. I asked him about CBD oil and he said yes. He said it will appear on the drug test but not enough to show positive. I took the capsule I'm taking in so there are no surprises.

Dr. was spot on. He said the biggest benefit is helping me sleep since horrible insomnia goes with chronic pain, and I'm sleeping again.

We shall see come Friday.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Gene, tks for the update.  We still have you in our daily prayers.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bassmedic46

It's a shame insurance companies and Doctors make all this harder. Prayers for you 🙏🙏🙏🙏
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Lipripper

Thanks for the update Gene and glad the CBD is helping you get some sleep. I have to take a sleeping pill just about every night in order to get to sleep and get 5 hours sleep. I have a bad case of insomnia and have given it a thought of trying the CBD stuff also . My cancer doctors suggested that also. Hope and pray that itall works out for you.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet