New Tow Vehicle - 2019 Chevy Silverado

Started by Team KaRu, October 08, 2019, 08:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team KaRu

Help needed!
I've noticed over the weekend that while charging the batteries overnight and when my Nitro trailer is still connected to my Chevy Silverado, the trailer lights would flicker on/off quickly every minute or so... but then at the ramp in the morning, I seen the same thing on a trailer connected to another Chevy PU.   Any ideas what would cause this?
PB: 10.3 lbs - Lake Fork

Ron Fogelson

Trucks allergic to anything close to work.

Ron Fogelson

Do you have a built in brake controller by chance?

Team KaRu

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on October 08, 2019, 08:55:35 PM
Do you have a built in brake controller by chance?
Yes. But I have know idea how to set it....  ~b~
PB: 10.3 lbs - Lake Fork

Lee Smith

The ball isn't grounding the trailer good is my best guess.
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Rangerman

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Lee Smith on October 09, 2019, 08:14:46 AM
The ball isn't grounding the trailer good is my best guess.
But he's saying that while it's sitting parked in the driveway the lights flicker.

As a test, it would be interesting to see if it happens if it's unhitched but the trailer plug stays connected.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

WTodd

More than likely it's the trailer plug to the truck. I have a'15 Sierra and I have to make sure the plug is in straight and all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: WTodd on October 21, 2019, 03:20:28 PM
More than likely it's the trailer plug to the truck. I have a'15 Sierra and I have to make sure the plug is in straight and all the way

This is why I asked about the trailer brake controller, as soon as there is a perceived connection loss it could be the issue,,,,, when mine gets unplugged I have to shut off the truck and restart the reset the controller.