2008 Triton Rehab

Started by FD, December 15, 2019, 04:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

FD, my  top cap too is toast and you can feel the metal flake.  I like the idea of just doing a wrap for the top cap above the rub rail.  Gonna have to look into that at one of our local shops who do wraps.  I have no idea what that would cost but could really make the boat look better.  I have been wondering if the Pro Tech Nu Paint treatment might do the job vs a wrap treatment.

FD

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on January 05, 2020, 03:34:30 PM
FD, my  top cap too is toast and you can feel the metal flake.  I like the idea of just doing a wrap for the top cap above the rub rail.  Gonna have to look into that at one of our local shops who do wraps.  I have no idea what that would cost but could really make the boat look better.  I have been wondering if the Pro Tech Nu Paint treatment might do the job vs a wrap treatment.
Bud I tried several treatments with limited success.  They look better for a few months but the fading always returns. You can have new gel coat sprayed on but that is even more expensive than a wrap.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacia est
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

FD

The first draft of the wrap mock up came in yesterday. I'm not completely thrilled with it and not sure why. 

Any ideas?

BarryFL

The red throws if off for me. I think if that were black it be more eye appealing. Nothing stealth about red.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Oldfart9999

It's quite "busy" for my taste, I think those colors can be made to work in a "quieter" scheme.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

apiazza

It would probably look better in an actual wrap but I think it might be just a little too much of the snow camo theme. Hard to say though. Love the name.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Deadeye

It's hard for me to say what you might like Lee. I'm a Blue & Green kind of guy, so I like those colors and shades while you may not.

The Snow Camo would not be my choice, but it might be perfect for you. Having it both Inside on the Seadek and outside on the Boat might be an Overload on your eyes. Or it may be Perfect once you see it for real.

I do agree with Barry that something about the Red in the Lettering caught my eye almost immediately as being "off", although I can't say why.

A Question since your boat was already White, Does the Sun reflect off of it into your eyes as you fish? Something I've always wondered about with the Bright Sun we get here.

Bud Kennedy

I have to agree with others that it is a bit too busy for my taste.  I wonder what it would look like with the wrap only being above the rub rail.  The printed graphics would be a lot easier to read and things like registration numbers would be more visible.  I would also have to ask what is the color/design of the sea dek.

FD

I agree with Barry, Oldfart and Fred...

That concerns me a bit.

Round 2.

Kryptek. The license to use it is only $10.

apenland01

I think the black in the camo is distracting away from the lettering.  What is more important to you?  Do you want people to notice the camo or the lettering on the side?  Could you maybe go to a larger pattern camo and get rid of the black entirely?

It could also just be that the red lettering is not dark or dense enough to make it stand out against such a strong camo pattern with black in it.  It appears as though the lettering isn't anywhere near as dark as the trailer it's trying to match.

apenland01

Much, much better!  That black is just so dominating....

Capt. BassinLou

I'm in agreement with the guys here as well. The pattern (too me) appears too chaotic, and the red doesn't appear congruent with the pattern.

FD

Quote from: Deadeye on January 09, 2020, 06:10:21 AM
It's hard for me to say what you might like Lee. I'm a Blue & Green kind of guy, so I like those colors and shades while you may not.

The Snow Camo would not be my choice, but it might be perfect for you. Having it both Inside on the Seadek and outside on the Boat might be an Overload on your eyes. Or it may be Perfect once you see it for real.

I do agree with Barry that something about the Red in the Lettering caught my eye almost immediately as being "off", although I can't say why.

A Question since your boat was already White, Does the Sun reflect off of it into your eyes as you fish? Something I've always wondered about with the Bright Sun we get here.

The original white, when it was clean and waxed, which was almost never, was extremely bright.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on January 09, 2020, 10:01:10 AM
I agree with Barry, Oldfart and Fred...

That concerns me a bit.

Round 2.

Kryptek. The license to use it is only $10.

This looks much better!!

Capt. BassinLou

I was just posting when the new picture was posted. My bad

apenland01

Same to me, I was posting and he put up the picture the new picture lol......

Bud Kennedy

The new picture is much much better.  I like it a lot.  I think that would be a good choice

FD

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on January 09, 2020, 09:25:26 AM
I have to agree with others that it is a bit too busy for my taste.  I wonder what it would look like with the wrap only being above the rub rail.  The printed graphics would be a lot easier to read and things like registration numbers would be more visible.  I would also have to ask what is the color/design of the sea dek.
Bud see post 46. The Seadek in that pic is what I'm using.

apiazza

The shading used in kryptech looks good. Much better than original.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FD

Round 3.

I may be going back to red in the logos just to match the accent color in my seat.

Still undecided.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on January 09, 2020, 02:13:39 PM
Round 3.

I may be going back to red in the logos just to match the accent color in my seat.

Still undecided.

The 2nd option is the best out of the 3. Imho.

apiazza

I like the red font on the Kryptek

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FD

Round 4

This one I like!

Now the question is about the motor cowling and poles.

zippyduck

Try a red camo on the engine to tie the trailer and the boat together. Just a thought.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Oldfart9999

FD, you are the one who has to live with the color scheme so you should go with what you want.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.