Jan Bassin & Happy New Year 2020 & Home Front Activities

Started by Donald Garner, December 31, 2019, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Afternoon all!!! 35 this morning, 30 now, flurries with temps dropping into the mid terms, snow over the weekend before becoming rain. :surrender: The battery died for my leaf blower, called DeWalt and told them what happened, they are sending me a new one no question asked. I bought a feel from OMG, it arrived this morning, BPS EXTREME, 6.4 to 1, it's in really nice shape. Pics in the feel forum. The insurance is denying my knee injections, the fight is on. ~rant ~xyz
Lip, good to hear you're doing good, prayers for Diana and Rebecca. We have  bit of snow but it won't last, goofy year.
SHC, pop in once in a while to let us know how you are doing.
Donald, good to hear it was quiet for a day or so, be nice if it continues. The front coming through has saying hello, finally calming down, makes it interesting. I bought a BPS EXTREME feel, 6.4 to 1, I mounted on my EXTREME 6'6" MH for, it had a QUANTUM AC500 that will become a backup reel. I use this outfit for 1/2 ounce jigs that I use for searching in grass, sometimes I go down to 3/8 but mainly use the 1/2 ounce. I pick it or cast short ways pop it once or twice or swim it back while I have the TM moving the boat along. Sometimes I use it for docks if they aren't hitting plastics.
Rodney.
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Greetings to all  8)

We've had rain showers falling all day long across Central Texas today  ~rain  Our forecasted temps were 51-54dgrs with 100% humidity.  We have rain in the forecast for the next 3 days.

Not much happened at work today it was quiet  ;) 

Rodney; That was a good deal that DeWalt  provided you with a replacement battery.  That's Customer Service right there.  WTH is the deal with your insurance company and your knee shot?  Keep us updated with that situation.

You're going to like that BPS Extreme Bait Casting Reel.  I used to have (10) of them that I used for flipping / pitching, slinging spinnerbaits and crankbaits; worm and jig fishing and fishing soft plastics.  I never had any issues with them during the 5 yrs I used them.  They color match those BPS Extreme Rods real good ;)   The reason I got rid of them was I wanted to go with all Abu Garcia Reels.  My other (10) BPS Extreme rods have Revo S & SX matched up with them  ~shade 

Lip, Bud; Hope things are going well for Ya'll at your home fronts.  Hope both of your wives are feeling better.  Lip hope your daughter is feeling better also.

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Spring weather is ending tonight.  Highs today go to about 75 but lows tonight dropping into the upper 30s and it is going to stay that way for the next couple weeks.  Mostly seasonal with hights in the lower to mid 50s and lows in the mid to upper 30s.  Oh well, it is winter but the warm weather of the past few weeks has really been nice. Spring is just around the corner so in about 6 weeks winter should just be a memory.

Wife still doing physical therapy on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It appears to be helping her but like usual she seems to look for the instant get well deal.  I keep telling her to to be patient and do the work and things will get better. I have to stay on her because this is the point where she is tempted to give up which has been her M.O. for the past couple years.  She is doing somewhat better with her ability to walk and I am pointing that out to her so she will keep on doing the work.

Oldfart9999

TGIF!!! TGIF!!! It's the running amok day of the American worker!!! Don't stand by the door at quitting time, you'll be trampled to death!!! lo lo 17 headed to 17, partly sunny, flurries. Not much going on, didn't get up in time to hit the gym, I'll do it tomorrow, no sense going everyday if I can't use the elliptical, every other day is right for my upper body. I had my dose of fishing excitement, the new to me reel, now it's waiting for spring. :( :(
Bud, it's a good thing you're doing holding Mrs. Bud's feet to the therapist, pt takes time but it works, you just need to see the progress no matter how slow the results. It doesn't do everything but there's a lot it can do, it's slowing down the ravages of my arthritis.
Donald, 2 quiet days in a row, hopefully a trend. I was pleasantly surprised with DeWalt's support, when the lady got the numbers off the battery she was all over sending me a replacement, she didn't send me to a tech, sounds like there's an ongoing problem with this particular battery.
Last year about this time the insurance rejected an MRI setting me back over a month, now this, funny thing is they happily OKed everything else, I'm sure some of it's based on my age, 10 years younger probably wouldn't be an issue.
I've been wanting to replace the reel for a couple of years but since it works I just couldn't pull the trigger. When Matt put this reel up at the price he did and knowing what he does I finally jumped on it, it's smoother and I think casts better. The use I told you about is the only use I put this outfit to, about the only I change is the size of the jig, it's a search outfit for what I think are slow days and is always on the deck ready to go. I like the way the jig works through grass and can be changed into a swim jig with just a cast.
Everybody have a great day and weekend, stay warm and safe!!!
Rodney

CraigP83

How's everyone doing today? We got some weather coming in. But on the bright side in only about 3 months the ice will be coming off the lakes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Weather has been pretty nice up until lastnight. Won't be fishing this weekend.

I expect it's about time to start pulling out the old steering system and prepare to install a new hydraulic system.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Good evening to all from Belton, Texas  ~shade

We got rain falling all across Central Texas  ~rain  It's been raining since last night and it's still raining.  Nothing but a steady light rain coming down and it's suppose to continue into tomorrow.  Our forecasted temps for today were 54 - 58dgrs with 98% humidity.

Well the Knotheads and Lil Darlings were at it hard today.  We had (2) soap dispensers damaged, graffiti written on the walls inside of the girls restroom.   Lastly some one took a black Bic Ink Pen and busted it open and smeared ink on the small gym floor.  It wouldn't be so bad but the kid got it on the bottom of his shoe and walked around the gym floor.  There's an area of 20ft that's got black ink marks on the floor. 

I got the Team member that's assigned to the Athletic Section seeing if she can get the mess cleaned up.  I'll check the floor in the morning while I'm getting the lights turned on the bleachers pulled out.  If she wasn't able to get the ink off the court then it will be there till this Summer.  We have contractors that come every Summer to sand the floors down and recoat them. 

During the Special Olympics Basketball Practice tomorrow I'll reinstall new soap dispenser.

Jim; You going to do this steering replacement yourself or having a marine tech do it for ya?  I need to have my steering checked out on my Stratos.  While the engine is running etc and you're steering there seems to be some 'Flat Spots' when turning the wheel.  I noticed this during the Fishing For Freedom tournament.  I'm getting the Water Pressure Gauge Replaced also. 

Your weather forecasts doesn't sound good.  My son called me from Anchorage, Alaska this afternoon.  He told me it was ( - 12 ) dgrs there  :surrender:  I informed him that I don't miss that weather at all  ;)  You guys stay warm there and be careful while out driving around town.

Craig; I like your attitude buddy reference Winter in your parts.  Yep in 3-4 months you'll have Open Water and fishing will be in full swing once again.  When I lived in Alaska I'd hear people complain all the time about the Winters.  The only time I was really pissed about the Winters was the one time we had snow on the ground still on Memorial Day.  A week later it was all gone and we had 23hours of daylight starting.  Life was good and fishing was starting soon.  ~c~

Rodney; A high of 17 dgrs that sux's but it could be worst.  I hope you all don't get hit with a Late Winter Storm in March / April time frame.  I hope you can get your insurance squared away so you can get these shots you need. 

Like I mentioned earlier you're going to enjoy that BPS Extreme Reel.  When I bought mine I had things setup where all the (10) BPS Extreme Rods with those Extreme Reels were for the G3.  The Extreme Rods with all the Abu Garcia Revo S etc were for the Stratos.  Now all ( 8 ) Extreme Rods that are matched up with the Abu Garcia Black Max Reels are for the G3.

Bud; I hope the wife sees some improvement soon doing this physical therapy.   This will help her stay motivated to push on.  How's the garage cleaning reorganization coming along?

Lip; How you doing buddy?  Hope the wife and daughter are getting better.  They're still in my daily prayers.

To everyone have a pleasant weekend ahead.  Be safe if you have to be out driving during this Wintery Weather.

Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bassinkorea

Just sat here looking out of my apartment window watching the sunset.

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Princeton_Man

Good morning all!

Steve, That's a much nicer view than most city folks have. Looks cold there too.

Don, I'm going to tackle the job myself. My mechanic says it takes him about three hours and as much as I'd like to give him the business, at $1200 for the system itself I just don't think I'll have any business left to give him. I've watched several of the videos and I'm confident I can accomplish the job and it'll give me something to do once the cold weather sets in. We're at 34° this morning and the first rain shower is just now starting. The temp will drop a couple more degrees just before sunrise but I'm not expecting much out of this little bit of weather. Once the sun is up, it'll be just rain and maybe a little slush.

Craig, I know you're used to it and it gives you time to do other things. I just couldn't do it. I've lived in VA and WV most of my life and still hate cold weather. If I could have a do-over, I'd move a lot farther South.

Bud, Try helping Mrs. Bud keep a positive mental attitude. Point out how much better she'll be able to run you down and kick butt.  ;D

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Good morning and happy weekend!!! 17 headed to Lord only knows what, mid to upper 30s to low 20s snow, sleet, rain, but no tornadoes. Keeps us guessing. lo lo I got the call from the Doctors office, insurance OKed the injections for my knee, it's on order. The med is called Euflexxa(hyaluronic acid), 3 injections, if it works it's good for about 6 months, I'm hopeful. I'm becoming a pincushion, 8 or so for myu lower back 3 every 2 weeks for my allergies, now this, drop me in the water and I'll sink because of all the holes. lo lo ::) Not much going on, the knee has been bad enough the last several days I haven't been in the gym, or out of the house for much, this weather isn't helping. Soon it'll be done!!! :) :) :)
All of you that are able to fish, why are you reading this, you need to catch some for those of us that can't!!! Get with the program!!! lo
Craig, Jim, BK, good to see you, hope you can hit the water soon!!!
Donald, Maybe they just need to throw them out and let their parents sort it out, maybe they'll turn the kids around. Sounds like crazy weather everywhere but Alaska, it's been a different winter so far.
Have a great day and weekend, stay warm!!!
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Gonna be a bit cool but not too bad of a day.  Temps just passed 50 but will be dropping to the mid 30s tonight and it is gonna stay cold for a bit.  On the way to Walmart to pick up some prescriptions and then the Mrs. wants some Tulips planted.  Plan on cooking up some cube steaks in the pressure cooker this afternoon to be used as sandwiches. 

The wife's therapy is doing well.  She is moving a bit better although she still has pain.  The best treatment so far as been with the needles but she also gets a round of exercises also  She has two appointments for next week to keep the process going.

Still doing some stuff in the garage org plan from time to time. At least now I can find my tools and the rest of my stuff and that is a real plus.  More culling left to do but the basic plan is done now it is just sorting and organizing until the boat gets home and I can take care of the rest of it.  Plan on going by the boat ramp today to see if they have finished the paving job.  They should be about finished since the weather has been good this week.

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone and we got about 3" of snow and now the wind and cold on the backside of the front is coming in and by Monday it's going to be below zero with the wind chill. Rodney glad they decided to approve your shots and hope they help your knees so you can get back to the gym.  Donald someone needs to take them little darlings and knot heads out behind the wood shed. PM good luck on that project and with them you tube videos I'm sure you can do it. ~bb Bud your going to freeze at them temps. Hope you get them Tulips planted before it gets that cold. BK nice looking pictures. Where's the snow.  lo lo Craig I'm with you and can't wait for some warmer weather and some open water. I got some Nu Tech baits to get wet.  ;D Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there. 

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Howdy,

We had mostly clear skies across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 34-50dgrs with 58% humidity.  The rain has moved on and were having clearing skies for the next couple days.

Spent the morning at work supporting the Special Olympics Basketball practice.  After getting things setup for them I replaced a couple damaged wall mounted soap dispensers that became Non-Operational.   We'll see how long the last next week.   The ink spots on the gym floor will be there until this Summer.  Dang Knotheads  ~xyz

Steve; Tks for sharing that picture with us.  It looks cold there.  What's this Winter been like so far.  I don't remember if it snows that far South or not?   Have you ever traveled to Cheju, Jeju-do Island?  I got to go there while stationed in Korea back in 1977-1978.  The U.S. Army had a Training and Resort Camp there.  We had free time every evening and we'd travel around to the 2 big cities they had on the island there.  It was a beautiful and peaceful place to visit.  I enjoyed eating at some of the local restaurants. 

Jim; You got a warm indoor place to work on your Stratos?  Good luck with changing out the steering system.  If you get the chance take some pictures of the process. 

Rodney; You guys are having some crappy weather for sure.  Tks for the update on the injections for your knees.  Glad the insurance company came through for ya.

Bud; We got some cooler weather moving across Central Texas also.  Tks for the update on the wife's therapy.  Glad to hear she's doing well with it.

Lip; That White Stuff I'm glad we don't have to deal with that stuff down here.  Hopefully it wont' be around too long.  Hope the wife and daughter are feeling better.  We got everyone there in our daily prayers.

To everyone have a relaxing day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels if you're out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We're starting the day off with clear sunny skies and cold weather across Central Texas  ~sun :blue    Our forecasted temps are 25-56drgs with 52% humidity.  Winter has returned once again   ~shade

We're off to church here shortly and we're having lunch at home today.  It looks like stuffed baked potatoes with sloppy joe's and a salad  :food  ;PEP)  There is nothing else planned but relaxing. I might take in watching the playoffs this afternoon we'll see.

To everyone have a relaxing Sunday and enjoy the family time together.

CraigP83

Good morning allSnow storm passed yesterday here in MN. The cities didn't get it as bad as the weather people were predicting, we got about 5 inches. Wind is howling causing some good drifts though.  We're leaving soon to bring our 1 yr old to swimming lessons, so far he's not a fan.  Then the afternoon I'll be watching some football on our new TV. Hopefully those stupid packers don't win,  not sure I can handle the rest of the winter with their fans clucking about another superbowl appearance and how great Aaron Rodgers is.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

Good afternoon all!!! 22 headed to mid teens, off and on flurries, winter. We got about 4 or so inches yesterday, about 4:30 I went out and shoveled, it was light. Over night the temp climbed to the mid 30s and it rained and the city plowed. This morning I got ready for Mass then went out and shoveled the driveway, the rain and temp made that stuff heavy but I got it. Quiet day, spent an hour or so rearranging my shop before my knee said go sit down before you fall down. We're finishing dinner watching a BBC production about Alaska, I understand why people love living there.
Lip, hope you and the family are doing well, you're in our daily prayers.
Bud, good to hear Mrs. Bud is getting better, takes time and hard work but it's well worth it. I'm sure your rearranging and organizing are coming along well, mine going to take a while but after years of neglect I'll get it.
Craig, good day to relax, I know there's no ice fishing here but with the wind and snow hitting the water is out of the question.
Donald, sounds like a good meal there, we're having short ribs with roasted squash and potatoes and pear crisp for desert.
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Coldest day of the season today with another couple of days of cold to follow.  Temp this morning wake up was 32 and tonight will be about the same.  It was a bright and sunny day today but temps never got out of the 40s.  I still say there is nothing quite like a southern cold that goes deep into your bones. 

Worked very hard today to not have to do anything and it worked.  I was so lazy today it got boring.  I guess this is the cabin fever setting in for a few days.  I truly hate cold weather.   Mrs. has Physical therapy tomorrow and sometime tomorrow I have to pay some bills but other than that it will be another quiet day.

Everyone stay warm and think about those upcoming special days on the water that will make all this cold go away.  I guess then we will be complaining about the heat. 

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful day across Central Texas we had lots of sunny skies.  Our local forecast temps were 34-54dgrs with 32% humidity.  We got some more rain moving into the area Tuesday night and into Friday it looks like.

Nothing exciting happening here today.  We had to work but the kids didn't have school.  They'll all be back tomorrow though ~shade

Rodney;  See you got some of that cold wintery weather up your way.  I really don't miss that snow at all.  Alaska is a great place to live if YOUR YOUNG and HEALTHY  ~shade  I enjoyed the 9yrs we lived there and I enjoy visiting my son and his family. 

The only way I'd would live back up there was to be rich and own a Summer Home there.  I knew several people up there that only lived there during the Summer months.  They'll leave in Sept / Oct and return late April / May time frame.  They were called 'Snow Birds'  ~shade

Lip; How's things going for the wife and daughter?

Bud; I enjoyed your lil piece about your garage cleaning you wrote on another thread here.  Hope the wife is still improving with the therapy.  Yep there is always something to complain about weather wise and doing things outdoors.  Hey glad you had the opportunity to take a lazy day break. 

Craig; Glad the heavy snow storm passed over your parts.  Good luck getting your son to enjoy taking swimming lessons.  I'm not a Packer's Fan either.  I really enjoyed watching that game   :)

To everyone have a very pleasant day tomorrow.  Enjoy the family time together and be safe traveling.

Bassinkorea

Good evening everyone!!

Quote from: Donald Garner on January 18, 2020, 08:46:24 PM
Steve; Tks for sharing that picture with us.  It looks cold there.  What's this Winter been like so far.  I don't remember if it snows that far South or not?   Have you ever traveled to Cheju, Jeju-do Island?  I got to go there while stationed in Korea back in 1977-1978.  The U.S. Army had a Training and Resort Camp there.  We had free time every evening and we'd travel around to the 2 big cities they had on the island there.  It was a beautiful and peaceful place to visit.  I enjoyed eating at some of the local restaurants. 

Donald. Yes, I have visited Jeju Island. Like you said, it is a very beautiful place. I went with my family back in 2011 in the summer season, then again in January 2018 with some co-workers to snow-climb the tallest peak in South Korea. Both very different seasons, but both equally memorable!!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Oldfart9999

Good morning all!!! 19 supposed to hit 28 in another hour, I'm betting against it, cloudy but now snow. Shoveled again yesterday with that and a another change I'm sore but it's getting better. Next Tuesday I get the first of 3 injections into the knee, man I am hoping it works.
Lip, how you be brother, good I hope!!!
BK, I bet there are a lot of interesting things to visit over there, I like watching shows about different cultures, of course you're involved in one now.
Craig, it looks like we're finally into winter here, without looking most of the waters should have ice now. Oddly we've had over 60 inches of snow but only have about 5 on the ground.
Bud, it's a good thing to take a day and just kick back and day dream, recharges the battery so to speak. Just try not to let Mrs. Bud catch you or she'll come up with a dozen or so projects for you. lo
Donald, to bad, you get the building all nice and shiny but then you have to let the little darlings. Yep, the weather up here is a bit uppity right now, single digits then 40s then single digits with snow with more single digits with snow then rain but back to snow, my arthritis is having a grand old time.
Have a great day, stay warm!!!
Rodney   

Donald Garner

Howdy  8)

We had mostly cloudy skies across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 41-54 dgrs with 43% humidity.  We got some rain and cooler temps moving into the area starting tonight.  Rain is in the forecast for the next couple days.

The Knotheads and Lil Darling were out of control today  ~xyz   I was pretty busy all afternoon.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.....I hope so anyway :surrender:

Rodney; I hope you upcoming doctor's appointment goes well for ya.  We have you in our daily prayers already  ~shade  Stay warm buddy and don't over do the shoveling.

To everyone I hope your day was a good one.  Be safe in your travels during these Wintery days. 

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! I'ts for all you what labors for those of us on SS and MEDICARE, we thank you profusely!!!21 headed to low/mid 30s, cloudy supposedly no snow. Not much happening, catching up my wired2fish and TacticalBassin videos and trying to figure out how much stuff got crammed into my shop, it's a miracle I tell you!!!
Donald, sorry to hear about the little darlings, makes you wonder what they're going to do when they become adults. I'm so ready to wet a line, I'm getting quite twitchy, cabin fever gets tough the older you get. lo
Have a great day, stay warm!!!
Rodney

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's overcast and feels like 18* with the wind chill and suppose to have another front moving through by Friday with a mix of rain and snow with temps around freezing. Not going to amount to much with most of it being rain. Rodney I bet this up and down weather for sure is messing with your joints. Donald sounds like them knot heads and little darlings need to be taken out behind the woodshed and introduced to the golden ruler.  ~xyz Bud y'all still cold down by the beach and glad you took a day off to do nothing. Did my taxes yesterday and going to be getting back what I paid in. Diana is still up in Michigan with Rebecca who is dealing with depression and if she goes in house so they can watch her as they are trying to find the right combination of drugs to get her to a normal state then Diana will be coming home. Diana is still in a lot of pain from the shingles and don;t have the strength or energy to drive back to Chicago right now anyhow so unless I take the train up there to drive her back then she will be up there till she feels better. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

Another cold start this morning but made it to the low 50s today.  Still cold in to the upper 30s tonight but improving a bit the rest of the week to near normal temps.

Nothing special going on today.  Dropped off some stuff at the recycle center today and then took the Expedition for an oil change.  Just finishing the laundry right now.  Wife did a couple loads yesterday so I am just finishing stuff today. 

Simple sandwich meal this evening.  Gonna do some Grilled Cheese and tomato sandwiches and just might add som Chicken corn chowder soup to the mix. 

Everyone have a great evening and keep warm or at least think warm thoughts.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Its started raining last night and hasn't quit as of this posting.  Our forecasted temps for today were 48-50dgrs with 99% humidity.  The rain is suppose to stop sometime tonight.  When it does we have a cold front moving across our area.  The lows are forecasted to be in the mid 30's.

It was quiet at school today.   I sent the principal an email this morning reference the activity of yesterday.   :toot:  He replied they have ID the kids that trashed and damaged the boys restroom.  So here in the next day or so some form of disciplinary action will be administered    ~c~

Bud; Sounds like somewhat a busy day for ya.  Simple meals are the best sometimes.  I finished off the Sloppy Joes we had for Sunday's meal this evening.  It was pretty simple too. 

Lip; We still have your daughter and wife in our daily prayers buddy.  Sure hope they both get to feeling better soon.  Hey if you have to travel up there have a good trip on the train.  How long is the train ride?

Rodney; Buddy I'm ready to wet a line also. But that's not going to happen for a while yet.  Nolan lake is still way down.  There isn't any place I can launch my G3.  I'm slowly getting the Stratos Prep'd to get turned into the shop.  I'm having the water pressure gauge replaced and the hydraulic steering checked out. 

Of course we're having some weird Winter weather down here also ( Its not Snowing etc) but one day its in the 30's - 40's then there's a heat wave of 70's - 80's moving through a day later.   We're having rain showers moving through the area about every other week now also.   

I'm pretty much a fair weather fisherman now.  If I don't have to be out in it I'm not heading out  ;)

Guys you all stay warm and have a really relaxing day tomorrow.  Be safe and enjoy the family time together.