thanks for the add and thanks shoutout

Started by killafromburkevilla, January 13, 2020, 09:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killafromburkevilla

My name is Steve and while I'm the "killafromburkevilla" in VA, I'm really pretty harmless except when it comes to golf balls and bass.  I'm from central VA and fish a lot of HP restricted lakes but I also fish Kerr Lake/Buggs Island which is about an hour from my house.

I wanted to give a special shoutout to Wayne P. who is also from central VA and is well known as an expert in boating electronics.  He was kind enough to take time out of his day to show my buddy and I his boating electronics including the new 360 imaging at Sandy River Reservoir in Farmville, VA yesterday and to give us some winter tips.

Wayne, I hope we didn't freak you out with our questions and I had one more for you--on your wacky worm, do you target fish it through casting or do you, using your electronics, just vertical jig that rig when you know you are over a school of bass this time of year?  Thanks again for taking your time with us!

Steve Ledger
killafromburkevilla
Note: I'm not sure how to tag him on here so if anyone knows or can just respond with a tag for Wayne, I would appreciate it.  Killafromburkevilla

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!!!!!

Lots of good people here that like to answer questions.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Mike Cork

Welcome aboard and thanks for the shout out about Wayne, he's been a very helpful asset here at UB. I'd love to get a one on one with him in the boat :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Steve, Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  

If you want to get in touch with Wayne through UB the quickest way is using a computer vi to the top of any page and click the tab that says members then choose search for members. Type in Wayne P and when his name. Times up click on the option to send him a personal message.  If you are on a phone go to the Bass Boats Electronics section of the forum and find one of his posts. Tap on his screen name and that will bring you to his.profile page. Right at the top there will be a box to send him a message.

Now for some fun stuff................

Would you like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest. We also have Weekly Contests so be sure and get in on those too each week as they become available..

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

We're looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member. 

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Steve and to Ultimate Bass and glad to have you here with us so make yourself right at  :)hsh: and not sure what you mean by tag but if you want to send him a message here ya go Wayne P. Welcome again and stop back by whenever you can cause we are always open.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

killafromburkevilla

Thanks!  That's what I meant in terms of "tagging" Wayne...so he would see it.  I do some IT work for my county but I couldn't find a button or option for linking to their profile so they would def see my post and this is a little "retro" compared to what I'm used to using.  No offense or shade thrown lol

Thanks!

Lipripper

Quote from: killafromburkevilla on January 13, 2020, 02:14:27 PM
Thanks!  That's what I meant in terms of "tagging" Wayne...so he would see it.  I do some IT work for my county but I couldn't find a button or option for linking to their profile so they would def see my post and this is a little "retro" compared to what I'm used to using.  No offense or shade thrown lol

Thanks!
Your welcome

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Steve,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteveTX

Quote from: killafromburkevilla on January 13, 2020, 02:14:27 PM

Thanks!
Welcome aboard!
I like the retro so that is a compliment to me. I cant stand the social networking mess that runs a muck.
If you go to your Profile on the left side in the menu there is a option listed as Buddies/Ignore List. There is a search feature for members nics and you can add them as a "Buddy".  Acording to the software instructions
QuoteA Buddy List displays all of the members on the forum whom you have added as a "buddy". This list will also show their online status and contact information if available. If your administrator has enabled the buddy list, you can work with your buddy list from your profile.
Thats about as close as you can get to Linking your profiles. Its really not to useful though imho.